Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 8

Jacob’s POV

Troy was like a constant ringing in the back of my head.

I couldn’t forget about her even for a while, and patrol was getting to be more and more of a hassle. I haven’t told the guys yet, but my dad knows undoubtedly. He even teases me about it now, but I ignored him as best I could.

How ironic to be falling for my past love’s sister.

I wanted her like I wanted air to breath; I needed her like I needed air to breath. She was addictive, and I was glad I’d be able to attend her school soon. It would make being with her that much easier.

I mean, that had its drawbacks though. The guys had been whining about moving to a school with a bunch of bloodsuckers, and were pretty sure that I was going to end up in some kind of situation because of the ‘Bella issue.’

However they didn’t know, that issue had actually resolved itself already.

Troy’s POV

Gym class wasn’t the same without my wolves, just like nothing was.

Edward wasn’t allowed to be on my team, because it wasn’t fair to whoever we were put up against, but at least that made it easier for at least one of us to help Bella from killing herself by accident with her klutziness.

As long as one of us was with her, she was safe.

Antoine was willing to help with that too, holding me back when Piper ‘commented’ on us helping her. She was starting to push me over the edge.

I swear, today she was obviously PMSing or something because the bitch just wouldn’t shut up.

Her cronies sat around her, three of them, which were so pathetically like Chris and Tabby it made me sick, edged her on and fed her insults they wouldn’t say.

Not that they didn’t want to, but I mean, who would want to mess with a girl who had both Cullen, and the schools badass crew on her good side?

But anyways, today, they just didn’t seem to care.

Piper and I had gotten set up on opposing soccer teams, her friends standing in the crowd and yelling as if it actually made a difference. Bella was on my team, and Piper ‘accidently’ kicked her in the shin. Hard.

Bella crumpled, and rubbed her bruise while I paused where I was. Edward came running over at human speed from where he was in his game. We both bent down over her and the poor girl looked like she was about to cry, and had a bright red face from blushing and holding it back.

I lost it, and I mean that literally.

“What is your problem?” I snapped, jumping up and marching right over to Piper while several people scurried away. Edward took Bella to sit on the bleachers before he’d take her to the nurse. For now though, he came up behind me.

“It was an accident,” Piper said smugly, with a sickly sweet smile on her face. I growled at her, something I picked up from my wolves and only did when I was extremely pissed at someone. She gave a jump but controlled herself. I swear if I was a wolf already, she’d be kibble right now.

If it had been an accident, which I already knew it wasn’t, Edward would’ve stopped me from going up to her.

“It was not, an accident, you wanna see an accident? Try looking at those water balloons you call boobs, you should fucking sue your surgeon.” I snapped.

I was just beginning for a fight, and Piper was more than willing to give, although it wouldn’t have been a fair deal. I was raised by wolves.

“I’d rather sue yours, which dumbass brought you into this world anyways? Did your mom sleep with him too?” she asked, putting her hands on her hips.

My eyes narrowed, and I was about to kill her, I seriously was, but she wasn’t done, and I waited her out.

“I mean seriously, do you even know who your daddy is? Bella probably isn’t even your real sister. Being a slut just runs in your family doesn’t it?”

This girl went too far. She went from dead to gone in a second. She would suffer for this; I’d make sure of it.

She could say all she wanted about Bella, she could talk shit about Danni and Jason, hell she could even talk about me, but no one insulted my mother.

Before I knew it, I was on top of her, my fist slamming into her jaw repeatedly, smashing into her nose and everywhere else I could reach while she shrieked and thrashed around, blood gushing everywhere; it was a good thing Edward was in control.

His icy hands pulled me off of her while I cursed at her, too impatient for English while Spanish words and insults came falling out of my mouth like venom in a fury of pain and rage.

Piper’s jaw was slack, broken. She couldn’t respond even if she wanted to and suddenly her cronies were back, when they’d gone I don’t know, but they were back with Coach Clapp, and I was toast.

Not that I gave a fuck at the time.

I screamed and thrashed, knowing it was pointless against a vampire and giving myself a few bruises against his hard skin, but not caring. I wasn’t done with her, not even close but before I could get back to her I was dragged away to the principal’s office.

Everything seemed to be a blur after that. My head was spinning, and my sight was tainted red for the longest.

An ambulance came, taking Piper away while the principle tried to talk to me. I was distant though, staring at my hands until he was tired of waiting for a response and simply skipped to the yelling. The only thing I caught was suspended for three weeks, meaning I couldn’t see my Jacob on his first day.

Other than that though, I just didn’t care.

XxX

After that lovely incident, I was grounded for two months, although my changing was a few days after I went back to school. My dad was so mad; I imagined someone with Edward’s eyesight could’ve seen steam coming out of his ears while he yelled at me.

Bella tried to defend me, but she hadn’t known why I’d suddenly gone crazy, so she couldn’t lie. I hadn’t told her anything and no intention too.

Edward wouldn’t tell her either, sensing, even though he couldn’t read my mind, that it was about me and I didn’t want her to know.

Word spread, and the pack found out, Bella told Jason when I wasn’t allowed to answer the phone and now they all knew. My visiting hours were from four to seven and some of them promised to stop by soon. They meaning, Hector, Jason, Danni, or Katara.

The rest of the pack was always busy, cause’ my changing was in a short amount of time. (To them, they count time in dogs years sometimes.)

The four of them would be a good enough distraction though.

XxX

I was home alone. Again.

Bella went out to see Edward after school hours and my first day of suspension and my dad was at work, so I was alone in a house with slow internet all day.

It was torture.

Luckily though, I was saved when the doorbell rang. I knew it was Jake without even opening it, which was weird. I tried to smile, but it didn’t work so I just opened the door to see Jake.

He looked so sexy.

His hair was wet, and his jacket was opened to reveal a tight white t-shirt that was soaked to the point that his abs leaked through. God, he had no idea how much I just wanted to rip that off him and pull him up to my room right now.

His eyes shined when he smiled at me, and I blinked away my thoughts.

It was lucky he hadn’t noticing my dreamy look, or how long I had taken to respond to him. He probably thought I was surprised to see him, which wasn’t the case. I was never surprised to see Jacob around here anymore.

I managed a tiny smile before moving over to let him in. “Hey Jake,” I said tiredly.

He nodded to me and I skipped back to where I had been in the kitchen playing pickup sticks with a bunch of straws since nothing was on TV.

Jake lumbered in and sat in my dad’s usual chair with a sad look on his face.

“Where is everyone?” he asked. I shrugged limply, “My dad’s working, and Bella went with Edward somewhere.” I said stifling a yawn. He eyed me like he didn’t believe me. “And you’re still in the house because…?” he pressed.

I remembered he didn’t know what I did and I blushed a bright red color.

“I got grounded,” I muttered, playing with the sleeve of my sweater and looking away. Jacob laughed a booming laugh. “What did you do?”

I avoided his eyes, but his expression went from amused to scared in a second. “Wait… how bad?” he asked and I cringed. “Suspended from school for three weeks bad, I er, caused a bit of drama at Forks High.” I said, emotionlessly.

Jacob’s POV

She was so cute when she blushed.

I had never seen it before, and now that I had, it was simply adorable. Hell, she was adorable.

I was grateful I could think that way now, but I had to admit it was easier to think of her as cute rather than sexy, like she had been last time, with her in jeans and a loose sweater.

It was very unflattering, and helped my eyes to keep from betraying me…much.

All I asked her was why she was stuck in the house and she seemed like she was confessing a crime. It only took a second for me to think that was exactly the case.

Suspended. Nice.

My hand rested lightly on her arm when I saw how upset she was and she looked up at me with those big brown eyes. Those eyes were one of the reasons I fell in love with her so fast.

I noticed the bruises on her arms and traced them before meeting her eyes again.

“What happened?” I said softly, dropping her arm and tilting her chin up to look at me. She looked down and I brushed some hair out of her face.

She confessed everything.

About her mom, this girl at school (I swear if Troy hadn’t had already done it, I would’ve seriously hurt this girl for being such a bitch to my angel,) she told how she got the bruises from fighting Edward’s grip and trying to go back for more…

She even told me about how guilty she felt.

It was strange, I had never expected Troy to be violent, so I had thought she would be a little guilty for almost killing the girl, but Troy wasn’t guilty about that.

She was glad for what she did, not proud, but happy because she had defended someone who couldn’t speak up anymore. Someone she missed.

She was guilty because that was the same type of thing her mom had always wanted her to try and avoid.

She started crying, at the end, but I remembered before what she said about pity so instead doing something like that, I picked her up and carried her to the couch so I could hold her.

Comforting someone wasn’t the same as pitying them and she calmed down when she was in my arms.

Everything in me begged me to kiss her when were so close and it was hard to resist with her in my arms, but I did because there was still one thing stopping me.

And by one thing, I mean the fact that the girl already had a werewolf boyfriend.

Troy’s POV

I’m so pathetic.

Of course I would start crying while telling Jacob what happened. I was weak, and he made me say so much more than I was supposed to.

He just rubbed my back and held me and I loved that. He was so amazing, the best friend I’d ever had and nothing was complicated with him. Jake was perfect. He didn’t pity me for anything, but still tried to make me feel better. And it worked.

I was depressed I couldn’t be with him on his first day at Forks, like Bella had been for me. Jakey had no one.

I mean, he would’ve, but he and Bella were so awkward and his friends from the Rez were just as lost. He had no one he could to talk to at school. And that place was scary as fuck on the first day.

Sniffling, I laughed at my thoughts while trying to word them so he didn’t think I was bipolar.
“This is awkward,” I muttered, realizing I was in his lap and crawling out. I wiped at my damp cheeks and smiled bleary eyed. He flushed a little, releasing me and I smiled at the thought that it was his turn to turn red.

“You know, Im really going to miss not seeing you on your first day of school,” I said, sitting next to him. He rubbed my shoulder, looking at me like I had just made his year and hugging me quickly.

“Yeah, me too.” He said, and then bringing my face up to look at him, he asked, “Feeling better?”

His sweet breath blew across my face, dazing me and I nodded mechanically, wanting to kiss him in a way that scared me. I had never wanted something, much less someone so bad.

I was seriously falling for this boy.

“I am now,” I said dreamily.