Status: Active.

Loca

Chapter 9

I never thought the day would come when I wouldn’t want to see my wolves, but today is that day.

Hector and Danni just pulled up, and Jake and I were the only ones here still.

I looked like crap from crying and cussed under my breath before jerking away from my spot on the couch. Jacob seemed both surprised and a bit hurt at this action but I brushed it off.

Jake was peering out the window, as he had been since our conversation was interrupted and his brows furrowed. I had no doubt that he could hear the two of them outside much better than I could. He knew who it was. I told him before, about everything.

“Excuse me for a sec,” I muttered, going upstairs and trying to destroy the evidence of my tears. It was a good thing I never wore make-up.

Exiting the bathroom I went back downstairs to open the door up for Hector and Danni. My dad wasn’t home yet so he could deal with it.

He kept saying no one was aloud in the house while he wasn’t home, but that was just stupid.

He hadn’t cared when Jake came over before, so if he threw a fit I’d just have to bring that up again. There were always loop holes in anything he and Bella came up with.

I opened the door and Hector immediately, had his mouth screwed down in a frown while staring past me. Danni smiled at me, but looked at Hector and raised an eyebrow.

They knew I wasn’t alone, and as everyone always does regarding Jacob and me, they were jumping to conclusions. Wonderful.

“Hey Troy,” Danni said weakly, walking right past me and to the living room. She saw Jacob and looked back and forth curiously after Hector and me. Hector looked at me, but then didn’t take his eyes off of Jacob.

I had to say something. You could practically feel the tension in the air and it wouldn’t take much to set either guy off. Jake liked me, although I didn’t know how much, and technically I was Hector’s at the moment. Someone could take things the wrong way.

“Jake, this is my boyfriend Hector and my friend Danni, Hector, Danni this is my friend Jacob.” I said at last, trying to get someone to say something. I was slightly stressing the word friend. The tension in the air broke and Hector relaxed slightly, but not enough for anyone but me to notice.

He nodded to him, as if he hadn’t just been about to go off and that he had only been waiting for an introduction. I was surprised on how fast he got it together.

“Hey,” Hector said calmly while Danni said “Hi,” at the near exact same time.

Jason may have been Hector’s sister but the two of them were still in tune, sometimes for reasons I never understood. Jacob nodded to them, getting up from the couch so he towered over both of them.

Jacob’s POV

Great. Awesome.

My evening just went from perfect to hell in a second.

Her boyfriend just kept getting in the way.

But I could deal with it, no need to make Troy put on the spot by outright just hating the guy. Obviously, if he was with Troy, he couldn’t be so bad. Troy didn’t put up with any bull.

“Hey,” he said as the other girl muttered “Hi,” right after.

I stood up, looking down at the two who I just now realized really were wolves, and reaching out a hand to shake. I was pleased to see I was taller than both of them, although it sounds stupid, and I was able to shake hands with Hector more forcefully than he was able to. Must be the variety of the species, or maybe he was just playing nice.

“I’m Jake,” I said smirking a little. The guy raised an eyebrow but simply nodded to me. “Hector.” he said, and you could just tell he was Spanish by his voice.

I had nothing left that I could’ve said to him without my dislike being obvious so I nodded to the chestnut haired girl he brought along. Troy told me about her, this was Danni, and her best friend.

“Nice to meet you,” she said smoothly, sensing I was done with Hector. I grinned at her, and out the corner of my eyes I noticed that Troy and Hector were sharing a look.

It made my stomach twist, seeing them silently communicate, and a growl threatened to leave my throat. The possessive side that came with the imprinting was just begging to kill this guy.

Troy was mine.

Not his.

Mine.

He couldn’t have her. No wolf was good at sharing, and especially not when it came to their imprint. She may have been his at the moment, but I was gonna do everything in my power to change that. I was going to have to take her from him. There were only a few complications.

For one thing, she knew him longer; they had history.

Everything we’re starting to have could be overshadowed just because of that. He was with her for everything just about, (or so she tells me) and he’s obviously gonna be able to use that to his advantage.

I resisted the urge to sigh when I thought of it like that.

This wasn’t a game, and Trinity wasn’t a prize. She was worth fighting for, but not to the point where she gets hurt. I had to be very careful with how far I took this, and I needed to keep m emotions in check before someone got hurt…

And that was just the first reason.

The second reason was that Troy’s a rebel.

Everyone always seems to think that we should be together, even her dad. They’re right obviously but Troy will never admit that. She’ll keep fighting the imprinting for as long as necessary just to prove everyone wrong. She was a fighter.

Trinity was similarly perhaps the most complicated girl I’d ever met.

Getting her to fall for me would be difficult, since I barely knew her, and she kept surprising me. I didn’t even know her well enough to guess how well she’d accept me as…how to put this…I guess a boyfriend. Mate just sounds too intense for us, and of course whichever way, I didn’t want to hurt her.

If she really did…

My god it hurt to think that, but if she really did love this guy, then I couldn’t make her choose between us. It’d break us…her...up, and there was always that negative part of me that said she could pick him.

I’d always be here though, and as soon as he makes a big enough mistake, I’m not waiting a second longer. Or of course she could get tired of him, which I would prefer to someone getting hurt. Either way, he had better not break her heart.

Troy’s POV

The awkwardness never really came back after the first time.

Jake and Hector weren’t speaking, but they didn’t hate each other at least. They seemed to have some sort of silent agreement to keep it together for my sake, and I was glad for that.

Things got both worse and better when Edward arrived, because he and Hector went to talking like old friends while Jake watched disgustedly and Bella and I stood off to the side in confusion. We were both under the impression that vampires and wolves couldn’t get along and that, that was that. Of course Hector and Edward were determined to prove us wrong though.

XxX

Sighing to myself after Jake left, I realized he had really been all I could think about tonight.

He often was, but this was different, because Hector was here, and I really should’ve been thinking about him.

I still wasn’t though, which was odd; Hector was my boyfriend, and Jake was just a friend. There should have been a huge gap between the two, and the amount of time I spent fantasizing about both of them.

When Hector left a short while after Jacob, he should’ve been the one I wanted to be kissing goodbye, right?

Apparently not though, cause’ the second he kissed me, it was Jacob’s lips I wanted on mine.

I was really happy Edward couldn’t read my mind at that moment.

I wanted Jacob more than I’d wanted anyone, but when he pulled away after a second I wasn’t sure. I was confused and tried to remember how much my attention had been on anyone as opposed to Jacob at all tonight.

Hector didn’t even come close, and Danni was a poor distraction. Bella and she had been talking all night, leaving Jake and I in solitude. After Hector and Edward went off into their own little world, things were pretty quiet.

Danni kept shooting me sympathetic glances, and I knew she shared m position on all this stuff. She was observant with this type of stuff, and I tried not to let her get to me right now.

She probably saw, just like I did, that Jake wasn’t as easy to talk to with a crowd, and I felt bad for a weird reason. Hector seemed to make him closed off, and I felt like he was a different person entirely.

Why must everything be so complicated?

Couldn’t they just get along? I’d rather have Hector dislike Edward than Jacob anyways; there was something very unnatural about the way they clicked so fast. This was something that shouldn’t have existed for a feuding species. Getting along should’ve been easier for werewolves and werewolves than for werewolves vampires.

There was something deeper here, something going on between Jacob and Hector that made them loathe each other so abruptly.

Something that I was gonna find out.