Status: Active

When the Moon Fell in Love With the Sun

First morning

So after stopping at a dinner on our way to the first venue, we all settled quickly changing into our sleepwear and soon enough the lights were out. Of course, since this was the first night on the bus, there were all kinds of new things to absorb. Like the light snores coming from the bunk across mine, as well as the soft sound of the bus’ engine as we advanced on the smooth road.

“We should wake her up. Ryan, you do it.”

“What? Why, me?”

A pair of soft voices made me shift in the bunk. I sighted, and afterwards proceeded to yawn, as it seemed like it was time to get up, but I still felt pretty tired.

“I think she’s already…..fuck, I’m leaving, bye” one of the voices said, as it faded away at the distant.

I rolled around once more, this time facing the hallway. I came face to face with Brendon.

“Morning” he smiled widely.

I let a groan, not wanting it to be morning. Why did the day pass by so fast but the night seemed to soar by.
But even if I didn’t want to get my ass up, I had to. I had forgotten for a moment, for those 9 hours I had spent resting, that I had a job to do.

“Morning” I smiled back, sensing a bit of fakeness in my own action.

He stepped back allowing me to get off the bunk. I eyed the bathroom door near by and proceeded to get myself ready, as he made his way back to the front of the bus with everyone else.

“Ok….”

Looking at myself in the small oval mirror, I just couldn’t decide where to start. I needed to shower for sure, that’s the only way I can have a good start. So I quickly undressed myself throwing the purple sleeping clothing onto the tiled floor and slid the shower screen, stepping inside. The ice cold water wasn’t at all what I had expected to pour out, I shrieked loudly as I tried to adjust the water to warm.

“You ok?” a pretty amused voice asked from outside.

“Yeah, I’m fine” I lied.

There wasn’t anything else said, so I had figured he had gone back to whatever he was doing.

“Did you grab a towel?” he questioned again.

My eyes widen as I realized of my stupidity. I wasn’t gonna let him know this, though. Right? Just then I realized that I had forgotten my clothes as well.

“Ugh….no!” I yelled the last part, since the groan was only for me to hear.

He chuckled lightly and seconds later there was a knock on the door.

“Can I open? I got you a towel.”

As an instinct I shielded myself with my arms, obviously this covered nothing.

“Ah, yeah. Just toss it in, I’ll get it somehow!”

The door was quickly opened and closed, and I was thankful for this.
I finished showering, washing my hair as well, and then stepped out the shower to dry myself. I would have to put on what I had before showering, and then just change into something clean.

Popping my head out the door, I noticed the bus was quite silent. Better for me. I went quickly to my bunk, grabbing some clean clothes from my bag and made my way back to the bathroom. Only to find the door closed. I knocked lightly, pretty sure that I hadn’t closed it.

“I’ll be out in a second”

I went back to my bunk to wait meanwhile, though it only took less than a minute before the door opened and out step the vocalist.

“Where’s everyone else?” I asked, covering my legs with the sweater in my hands.

“Oh, we stopped at this diner to get some breakfast. I just came to use the bathroom, cause I’m weird like that” he laughed as he looked at my awfully covered legs.

“You coming, or you want me to get you something for the road?”

I told him I’d be there in a few and entered the bathroom to get changed. I grabbed a hairbrush that was placed near by the sink, not knowing who’s it was, but pretty sure they wouldn’t mind.
After struggling with my hair and getting nowhere I decided to simply put it into a messy bun.
Throwing everything quickly onto my unmade bed, I made my way off the bus.

The cloudy sky was a nice sight, I was pretty sensitive to the sun lately. The grey clouds possibly meant it would be raining soon, or at least windy. The bus was parked a block away from the small diner in the corner. I could see the guys from outside, they were seated by a table at the front, by the window.

I laughed as my stomach growled, thankful no one was near to have witnessed that.

“There she is!” Spencer yelled as I entered the empty diner.

“Hi” I waved softly at them as I went to their table.

Spencer motioned for me to seat in the free spot next to him, just as Brendon did the same from the opposite spot of the table. My eyes went from one place to the other, but I’d chose to accept Spencer’s invitation.

“Ohh, rejected!” Ryan laughed at Brendon, soon joined by the others.

He just shrugged it off and continue to finish what I assume was his second cup of coffee.

“So what do we have going on for today?” Spencer asked from beside me, with a smile

I tried to organize everything in my mind, separating everything and getting it in the right order.

“Um…first you guys have this interview at a local radio, then the sound check and after that you have a few hours free before the actual show”

“Nice, so we have some free time today” Jon commented, sipping some of his coffee.

“Yeah, only one interview, that seems passable.” Ryan added.

I was surprised for their need of extra hours and the less possible about of interviews.

“You guys don’t really like those interviews do you?” I asked as I looked at the menu in front of me.

They all shook their heads in a negative response. Spencer’s hand blocked my view of the Cold Drinks on the menu, as he pointed at something above it.

“You have to try this! It’s the best fucking pie ever!”

Cranberry pie?
I looked at him, and the huge smile on his face seemed to prove how good that pie was. I did crave something sweet, so why not give it a try. Brendon called the waitress and he ordered a portion of cranberry pie along with some peach flavored ice tea.

“You don’t drink coffee??” Ryan asked surprised from across me.

“I do actually, just not in the mornings. It gives me serious cramps” I blushed as I shared some personal information. He nodded, seeming to understand.

After I finished my pie, the guys paid for the food, saying it was their treat for it being my first breakfast with them. And also adding that I could always pay for dinner.
We all headed to the bus walking, and me and Spencer seemed to have some things in common as we talked about some of the latest movies we’ve seen.
Brendon, waking a few feet ahead of us along with Ryan and Jon, would eye us every three steps.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in forever. I apologize to all the amazing people who actually read what I write. I'm back, so please comment and I'll be sure to update soon again this week. Maybe tomorrow.