Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

Flight fright

*****Joey's P.O.V***

I heard her mumble something but I didn't pay much attention to it. I was excited about getting home after 6 months. I missed my family, Mokie, and my SlipKnoT brothers. As the taxi pulled up to the airport I looked over and saw Rayna grip her knees.

"Ray. Calm down. It'll be over before you know it. Planes are not something to be afraid of especially when I'm right there beside you."

She cracked a small smile, kissed me, and got out of the car. We all got our bags and made our way into the airport.
After checking our bags we made our way to the terminal for Iowa. As usual not many people were waiting for the plane. I looked at my phone noticing that it was 15 minutes until 7. Shit. We were really late. I couldn't believe I was so stupid to come up with the idea to go to the golf course. Damnit Damnit Damnit.

Wednesday walked over to a screen and started laughing.

"The plane's delayed like an hour."

I breathed a sigh of relief and bean looking for some seats for us in a corner, which wasn't really that hard.
Wednesday began reading some magazine he found as Rayna leaned up against me. I pulled my i-pod out of my pocket and offered her one of the ear buds. She took it, placed it in her ear and closed her eyes as I began playing KISS.

The time went by pretty fast as we just sat there. When they finally announced our flight we had to wake up Wednesday and get in line.

Once on the plane the stewardess took our tickets and in an annoyingly cheery voice said, "Mr. Jordison, Miss. Draith (Damn her last name was kick-ass), and Mr.13 I presume?"
We all nodded as she led us to the front of the plane to first class. Hey if you could you would to. I hated flying when some little kid was screaming his head off or being served a warm drink. Yeah I was picky.

Wednesday let out a small cheer when he saw that first class was pretty much empty. He sat in a row and put his legs up on the seats. Rayna and I decided to sit a few rows in front of him.

When Rayna sat down she immediately began looking like she was gonna freak out.
"What's wrong?" I asked as I sat next to her.

"I just really hate flying. Feels weird that we're so high with nothing beneath us."

"Don't think about the flight. Think about Iowa. Think about your new home. Think about us."
She smiled and nodded before laying her head on my shoulder.

When we finally began to move Rayna white knuckled my hand keeping her eyes tightly shut until I told her we were down lifting off.

She slowly opened her eyes refusing to look out the window. I laughed, reached over her and closed it.
"Thank you. I'm good now. I'm not going to like throw up or anything."

We heard Wednesday speak up and say, “Well no. You'd only throw up if you were prego!!!"
We talked a little more until the same cheerful stewardess came around taking drink orders.

"Jack and Coke"

She nodded and looked at Rayna.

"Umm just a bottle of water."

I chuckled a little, “She’ll have the same."

The stewardess laughed and continued down the aisle.
"I wanted water."

"Nah. Drinking alcohol on a plane helps you get over your nerves. I remember my first flight was like that."

"Fine." She said in a pretend huff as the screens in front of began playing a movie.

We both watched the movie as the stewardess brought our drinks.
Rayna began laughing when the sound of Wednesday snoring traveled through the cabin.

"You should get some sleep too. It'll be late when we get in."

She agreed with me and cuddled up to me quickly falling asleep.
When we finally landed Rayna woke up asking where we were. I laughed and answered, “Home."

We all got off the plane, got our luggage and went outside into the wonderful night of Des Moines.
We found a vacant cab and loaded in our bags. The ride to my place I couldn't stop pointing out the different places we passed like my old high school (our my personal hell), a gas station I worked at, and then finally....my house. Our house? The house.
We unloaded our stuff, I paid the driver and I led them up the front steps to my bright ass red door.

I put my key in the lock and announced, Welcome Home." as I pushed open the door. Rayna gasped as she stepped into the foyer of the house.

"It's not much. But its home"

"It's wonderful"

"Eh I've seen better."

Rayna playfully punched Wednesday in his stomach as I gave them the quick tour. Showing them my office, the kitchen (which I hardly ever used), the living room, Wednesday his room, and finally our room.

When Rayna walked into the room she just looked around at the various framed awards I had on the walls. As she stopped in front of one I walked up behind her and wrapped my hands around her waist. She giggled a little and turned to face me.

"You excited for tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow? Haven't I had enough excitement for a month?"

"Not by far. You’re going to meet some people very special to me."

"Oh. Ok."

She kissed me softly but jumped when we both heard a loud thud.
"What the fuck was that?"

"I don't know. WEDNESDAY YOU DROP SOMETHING?"

We waited until he finally responded, “NO!! I'M GOING TO BED...SO SHUT THE HELL UP!!"

We both laughed a little as Rayna quickly turned her head to my closet.
*THUD*

"There it is again. Someone's in there."

I softly pushed her away and said, "I'll get it." as I turned the knob slowly revealing two large yellow eyes staring at me....