Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

Meeting Mokie

********Joey's P.O.V (cont.) ****

I laughed when Rayna screamed and jumped on the bed when the small black creature jumped out at me.

"It's nothing to be afraid of he won't attack you."

As she slowly got down off the bed she looked down at the small black cat rubbing on my legs.

"Mokie?"

I picked him up and agreed, "Mokie. Whoever fed him last must have accidentally locked him in the closet."

She laughed a little and scratched his head making him let out a loud purr. Wow she passed test one. Mokie liked her. It was funny the first time Wednesday saw him he got bit.
She took him from my hands and began walking around the room cradling him like a baby.

"He's so cute. He was in the umm "Nowhere" video right?"

"Yeah. He's kind of like my son when you think about it. I was going to take in on tour this time but I learned we were going by plane most of it so I just got my sisters to watch over him."

She nodded her head and sat on the edge of the bed, letting Mokie go.
I pushed the suitcases into the corner of the room and got on the bed behind her. I gently pushed her hair off her neck and kissed it softly. I laid my head on her shoulder and whispered, "You happy?"

She smiled and replied, “Probably the happiest I've ever been."

I chuckled a little, got up and dug through my dresser for something to sleep in. I handed her a t-shirt and pair of my boxers. When she looked at them with a confused look I laughed and said, "What? They'll be comfortable plus you'll look good in them."

She agreed and started changing. I couldn't help but sneak a few peaks every now and then as I pulled off my jeans and shirt. Even in my dimly lit room I could see her beautiful curves and long blonde hair.

She turned around and cleared her throat before saying, "Like the view?"

"Maybe."

"Maybe nothing. I see that cute little smirk."

She laughed and lay on the bed. Before joining her I stopped and thought to myself how perfect she looked laying on my black bedding. I laughed a little she Mokie jumped on her chest scaring her a little.

"Little shit is just like his dad."

Mokie let out a small meow and curled up beside her as she scratched his ears making him fall asleep.
As I got into bed pulling the blankets down and over the three of us I said, "Are you saying I like you scratching behind my ears?"

"Exactly what I'm saying."

She kissed me softly and lay back down before closing her eyes and falling asleep. Today had been a long day. Tomorrow would possibly be longer. I looked over at her already softly snoring and Mokie purring loudly. My new family.

*******Fast forward to the next morning*****

****Rayna's P.O.V****

I woke up the next morning feeling something fuzzy on my chest. I opened my eyes to see Mokie asleep lying across my boobs. Great Joey had a perv for a cat.
I gently nudged Joey making him mumble something before rolling over seeing Mokie. He started laughing but quickly got up and began looking for his phone.

"Get him off....I have to pee."

"One min. I need to capture this. Your first morning in Des Moines."

Joey came around to my side of the bed with his phone in hand and quickly snapped a picture before picking up a still sleeping Mokie.
I sat on the edge of the bed rubbing my eyes when I looked over at the clock on the wall and noticed it was only 8:30am. I groaned and lay back on the bed.

"Up."

"No"

"Up. Thought you had to pee"

"I'll hold it."

Joey laughed and threw a pillow at me. "Up."

I pushed the pillow off of me and groggily said, "You’re no fun."

He chuckled and replied, "You weren't saying that the other night."
I slowly got up and started stretching as I heard a loud groan come from down the hall.

"Wednesday's up. I'm going to take a shower also. Where's my bag?"

Joey pointed at the corner and went into his closet. I threw the suitcase on the bed and began looking for something to wear.

"What should I wear?"

"Uhhhh. Clothes?"

I laughed when he poked his head out of the closet and said, "Um. They really could care less just not your cut offs. I think it's getting kind of cold outside."

I nodded as he went back into the closet. I laid out a non-ripped pair of jeans, simple red and black shirt that didn't show TOO much cleavage, and the lacy boy shorts Wednesday had teased Joey with the day before and a simple black bra.

I announced to Joey that I was gonna take a shower and he yelled from in the closet, “Towels in the cabinet. Shampoo and conditioner in the shower. Should be soap also."
I thanked him and headed into the master bathroom. I closed the door and looked around noticing that he had two large movie posters framed and hanging on the wall. Nice. Halloween and the Jerk. I laughed when I thought of their little catch phrase. "I need this".
Upon opening the cabinet I was shocked to see about a dozen or more thick black towels. When I pulled one out I could smell the wonderful scent of fabric softener. Finally a guy that did his own laundry.

I turned on the shower's warm water and stepped into the surprisingly clean shower. I thought when a guy was single and lived alone they were slobs.... I guess I was wrong.
Letting the warm water run down my body I began thinking that this was my new life. I hoped that it was going to last that this wasn't just some little phase of Joey's. I looked in the corner and saw three bottles. One of shampoo, one of conditioner, and one of body wash. When I put the shampoo in my hair I could smell the familiar scent that filled his hair every time I hugged him.

After I rinsed out my hair I washed my body noticing that I wasn't all for smelling like his body wash. Despite the fact it smelled wonderful on him I didn't think a girl should smell like Irish Spring. I laughed a little to myself as I rinsed off and turned off the water.
I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in the towel. I wiped the fogged up mirror as Joey walked in.

"Knock much?"

He laughed and replied, "Not anything I haven't seen before. Plus I like to shower also."
He kissed my cheek and started undressing before turning on the shower and getting in. I went back into the bedroom and got dressed. Before I walked back into the bathroom I heard Joey singing loudly and fairly off-key.

Armed with my make-up bag and hair brush I started making myself presentable but had to stop every few minutes to laugh at Joey in the shower. As I finished putting on my eyeliner Joey yelled at the top of his lungs, "Ouch God Damnitt!!! WEDNESDAY I'M IN THE SHOWER DUMBASS!!! Ow Ow Ow."

He shut the water off quickly and jumped out. I turned around noticing that he had a few red splotches on his shoulders where the hot water had hit him.

"He flushed the other toilet huh?"

"Uhh yeah."

He wrapped himself in a towel and grabbed my waist pulling me closely getting his wet hair on my neck and playfully biting my neck.

I pushed him towards the room and told him to get dressed. After he dressed I sat on the bathroom counter as he brushed out his hair and put on some eyeliner as well (stealing mine).

He grabbed my waist and pulled me off the counter as we went down stairs to see what Wednesday had been doing.

As we walked into the living room we noticed Wednesday had made himself right at home by making some coffee and ransacking Joey's cabinets finding a box of Pop tarts.

"Really?"

Wednesday looked at him innocently and said, "I was hungry and you guys take forever in the shower. Oh and sorry I had to pee and didn't hear the shower."

"Mhm."

I sat down next to Wednesday and took the rest of his Pop tart as he called me a thief. Joey took the remote from Wednesday, sat in a chair, and turned on murder mystery show. We all watched the show until someone knocked at the door.

Joey looked at the clock on the wall and announced, "They're here!!!"