Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

Meeting SlipKnoT

****Rayna's P.O.V***

Joey held out his arm me and escorted me to his car outside. I felt like I was going to prom or something not dinner then back here with his friends.
We heard Wednesday say his good-byes and close the door behind us.
Joey helped me in his car and took his seat in the driver's side. He started the car and said I should fins something on the radio. I messed around with it a little until I found a station playing SlipKnoT's Duality.

"Ironic isn't it?"

"Just a little."

He laughed a little as he quietly sang along. I looked out the window noticing that it was getting dark already. I turned around when I heard Joey begin to drum on the steering wheel.
"I swear it's your intention to get us killed when you drive."

He laughed a little still looking at the road.
"Nah. I just love the drum beats in this song. Whoever wrote them is a fucking genius."

"Oh you mean...You?"

"Oh yeah huh."

I laughed a little as Joey pulled into a parking spot in front of a small seafood restaurant.
"Ready?"

"Does it really matter if I say no?"

I saw Joey look out my window and wave to someone.

"I guess not. There's Corey and his wife. Come on. It'll be fine. Think of it as not really meeting a bunch of guys that you idolize or whatever. Just a bunch of my friends."

"That doesn't help at all"

He laughed a little, kissed me and got out of the car before walking over to my side.
Now or never. As he opened the door I could hear someone whistling and yelling.
I stepped out as Joey put his arm around my waist and led me to someone. I couldn't tell who it was until they turned around revealing that is was Corey Taylor.

Do I say hi? Do I shake his hand? My question was answered fairly quickly when Corey yelled, "Damn!" and grabbed me in a hug.

"Hi. I'm Rayna."

"Yeah I know. Good to meet you this is my wife Stephanie."

Corey pointed at the woman standing next to him. She was really pretty with black hair and covered in tattoos.

I shook Stephanie's hand as Joey asked, "Where is everyone?"
Corey laughed a little before replying.

"This is everyone.”

"What? No one else came? What the fuck!"

Stephanie smacked Corey's chest as he laughed and replied, "I'm fucking with you. Everyone is inside. I came out to smoke and saw you drive up."

Corey started walking in followed close by Joey who had taken my waist again keeping me close by his side. As we walked through the restaurant I could hear two people arguing. I quickly found out it was Clown and Sid. Of course... arguing over who was sitting where.
When we walked into the room reserved for everyone I saw 7 men and no other women.
I heard someone speak up and say "Joey's here with...fuck what's her name again?"
Joey spoke up and announced, “Guys...Guys! GUYS!!!"

"Damn Joey. She's given you balls."

Corey walked off and sat in one of the 4 empty chairs with Stephanie close behind.
"This is Rayna. My girlfriend."

He then turned me around. I could feel his hand on my bare shoulder tracing my tattoo.
"She's a fan but has never seen us live."

I laughed a little and started walking over to the empty seat next to Corey, Joey following close behind laughing.
"You’ve never seen us live?"

"Nope."

"So this is like heaven to you huh?"

"I guess."

Everyone started talking to one another again. I looked around and tried to put numbers to everyone. It really helped that Mick was sitting across from me with his arms on the table exposing his huge SEVEN tattoo.

Jim was sitting next to him with Craig to his left. I noticed Clown was beside Stephanie with Sid next to Joey as they talked about something. Chris sat behind Sid and was listening to their conversation. I looked down at the table in front of me. Someone was missing.
Paul. It was still so surreal that he had passed away. After awhile Joey turned and included me in on Sid and his conversation. They were talking about tattoos for some reason. I looked at Sid's hands and saw the Transformers making me laugh a little to myself.
When the waitress finally came around and got our drink orders Joey ordered for me...again.

"You know I can order for myself. I am 21"
Corey turned in shock.

"You're only 21!!!"
I nodded.

"Damn I knew you looked young but shit Joey you like going around robbing cribs?"

"Shut up. It's legal. Anyways if you had ordered yourself it would have been like water. You're here to have fun which is why you get a Long Island Tea."

"Yes sir."
I kissed him softly as he put his arms around me pulling me closer to him.

"Ok we get it!"
I felt Corey grab my shoulders and pull me slightly away from Joey making me laugh loudly.
The entire dinner went like this. I got to talk to Mick about playing guitar. Sid and Clown got in a yelling match again. Corey dared me to a shot drinking contest. I declined but agreed to drink one with everyone. Joey's arm seemed to never leave either my shoulder or my leg. He was really protective and I liked it. I'd rather him be protective than not give a damn.
After everyone ate and we paid the bill Joey asked who was coming over to the house. Corey was the first to say he was. Jim said he'd join as did Sid. Chris said he'd come also. Everyone else said they had to get home for kids, wives, sleep etc.

After Joey called them wusses we walked out of the restaurant to the car. I leaned against the car door as Joey talked to Corey and Chris about something. I saw Stephanie look over and roll her eyes at the guys talking. I laughed a little and mouthed, "I know what you mean."
She laughed a little and pulled Corey away saying that they'd see each other in ten minutes.
Joey walked over to the car and stood right in front of me.

"I can't open your door when you’re leaning against it."

"I know. What's the password?"

"Please move your cute butt before I make you move?"

"Wrong but good addition with the cute part."

"I'll leave you here if you don't move?"

"You wouldn't dream of it."
He moved in closer so our bodies were touching as he kissed me deeply.

I smiled beneath his lips, "Correct. You may open the door now."
I moved aside as he unlocked the door and opened it for me. I slowly got in as he closed the door and walked over to his side.

"That went a lot better than I though it would."

"What were you expecting?"

"You know what I never really know what to expect when we all get together."
I laughed a little and stared out the window at the pure darkness. I felt Joey's hand on my bare knee as it slowly made its way up to my thigh.

"Someone in the mood?"

He replied not taking his eyes off the road or his hand of my thigh, "How can I not be with that damn dress. I mean I'm only a man."

"Well not only a man. My man. But as you can see we are almost home and Corey's car is parked out front."

"Damn. Oh well just means you better watch it when you're alone."

"Oh I'm so scared."

Before getting out of the car Joey said with a wink, "You should be."
I got out the car and waved at Stephanie as Corey and she walked up from their car.
When we walked in the house Joey led everyone to the studio as I went upstairs to change and get Wednesday.

I quickly threw on a pair of jeans and black tank top before searching the room for my chucks. I finally found them under the bed.
I knocked on Wednesday's door but there was no answer. When I opened the door I saw that he was already asleep curled up in his blankets with the lights off.

I slowly closed the door and went to the studio. When I walked in I saw that Stephanie was sitting on the black couch next to Corey. Joey was sitting behind his drum kit, Jim was strumming one of Joey's guitars walking in circles and Sid was sitting in the floor lighting a cigarette. I asked where Chris was and Jim said he got a call from his wife to come home.
Corey made a whip sound as I walked over to Joey and sat on his lap.

"I can't play around you."

"You can try."

"Fine. Sid! Don't fucking burn the carpet!"

I looked over to see Sid messing with his lighter.
"Toss it here."

Sid tossed me his lighter which went right into my bra.
""There problem solved."

Sid spoke up and said, "I'll just grab it when I want another smoke. Be warned."

"I live with him" I pointed at Joey beneath me "I'm not scared."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh nothing. Nothing at all."

Jim then cleared his throat and asked me to play the song i wrote. I agreed and grabbed Joey's blood guitar. It had always been my favorite.
I quickly tuned it and grabbed a pick before beginning the opening riff. As I played the familiar tune I heard Joey softly playing a beat on his drums.
I looked over and saw him smiling as Jim began playing also.

When I played the final note everyone stopped playing. Corey, Stephanie and Sid all started applauding as the three of us bowed a little.
Sid looked at his phone and announced he had to get home. Jim put the guitar away and said he'd drive him. We said our good byes as Corey asked if I knew any SlipKnoT.
I laughed a little and said bluntly, "No."

"Why not?"

"I don't play that good. Tried to learn Duality... Failed miserably."
"Any StoneSour?"

"Just Through the Glass"

"Let's kill it before we gotta leave."

We played the song with Corey on vocals and me trying my best to play the song correctly.
After we finished the song Corey and Joey said their good byes as I talked a little to Stephanie.

"You know you guys are really cute together."

"Thanks."

"I've known Joey awhile now and I have never seen him smile or laugh that much."

"Thanks again."

"It's no problem. You and I should get together and go shopping or something. It'd be nice to have girl time. I’m always with Corey and his band members."

"Definitely. I don't know anybody here so it would be nice to have a friend."

She hugged me good bye as Corey walked up and hugged me good bye also before they got in their car and drove off.
Joey and I walked into the silent house together.

"So?"

"I like them."

"I knew you'd get along with Corey the best."

I laughed a little.
"Yeah he's awesome they all are."

"Mhm"

As I began walking to the staircase I felt him grab me and heave me over his shoulder,
"What are you doing crazy?"

"Told ya you'd better watch it."