Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

Roadie

***Rayna's P.O.V***

I was so excited. I was not only going to be able to see SlipKnoT perform but I was going with them on their tour!

"Where are we going first?"

Joey looked up from his phone.
"Ummm I think somewhere in Germany."

"Germany? You mean as in Europe?"

"Yeah that's kind of where Germany is."

"Smart Ass"

"The plane ride huh?"

I nodded. The plane ride from California to Iowa was bad enough. I couldn't imagine flying from Iowa to Germany and then wherever was after that.

"I'll be fine. I'll just have to get over it."
Joey nodded and went back to his phone as Wednesday flipped through channels on the TV.

I slowly walked out of the room to the stairs going to our room.
I walked in the room and started fixing the bed not even really thinking about what I was doing until I heard Joey's key chains and turned to see him coming into the room.

"Need some help?"

"Sure."

He walked over to the other side of the bed and pulling up the blankets making it look neat.
"We should pick up these clothes.”

I nodded as he motioned to the various articles of clothing strewn across the room. A shirt here a pair of pants there. I think the only thing we ever really "put away" was my dress from last night.

After we had everything in clothes basket in the closet I sat on the bed Joey sitting next to me.
"I think I'm gonna call Steph. Have some girl time before the tour. You know so we know some stuff about each other."

"That'd be good for you. I'm gonna bang on the kit for awhile."

He kissed my cheek and left the room.
I pulled out my phone and called Stephanie up asking if she wanted to go somewhere.
As I walked down the stairs I told Wednesday I was leaving. After getting a half-ass bye from him I went out the front door making sure to grab one of Joey's jackets. Seeing Steph's car pulling up the drive way I pulled on the jacket unintentionally breathing in the scent of his cologne.

Hanging out with Stephanie was actually pretty fun. We went to the mall where she picked out a cute outfit for me to wear for Joey. After much protest on it she ignored me and paid for it.

"He'll love it"

"I can't wear this. Not around the house."

"Of course not you wear it on tour. You know after a long show you slip that number on and he won't be able to keep his hands off of you."

"Won't we be sharing a room with someone?"

"No. You’re a couple. Couples that go get they're own room."

I nodded and asked her if we could stop one more place before she took me home.
As Steph dropped me off she yelled form the car, "He's going to kill you!"

"Love you too!"

I slowly walked to the front door struggling to fish my key out of my purse. I decided to just kick the door hoping Wednesday answered the door.

Which he did with a lovely, "Who's banging on the door? Omg!! He's going to kill you!"
I smiled and simply replied, "I know. Take my bag and put it in my room please."

"Fine."

I walked into the house and went directly to the studio where I could hear Joey strumming on his guitar. Was he writing a song? I didn't want to disturb in.
Oh well. I opened the door and laughed when Joey yelled.

"You didn't? You did."

I placed the large puppy I was lugging on his lap making him grunt from the weight.
"Say hello to...puppy. He doesn't have a name."

"He's fucking huge."

"I know he's a Great Dane."

He looked up at me, the puppy still on his lap, and said, "Rayna. We can't we're leaving in 2 weeks."

"Wednesday will watch him. He's already watching Mokie. I mean look at him he's so cute."
I wiggled the puppy's face in front of Joey making him smile.

"I don't know. Just get him out of the studio I don't want him pissing everywhere."

"Fine."
I kissed Joey and took the puppy out.

********Joey's P.O.V******

A puppy. Really a puppy? Yeah he was cute but I had never really been a lover of dogs.
As the days went by I couldn't go anywhere without that damn dog following me around.
The bathroom, here comes puppy.

Kitchen...Puppy

Bedroom....Puppy

Studio...Puppy

EVERYWHERE!

If I stopped abruptly he would trip over his large feet sometimes making him do a mini cartwheel.
Rayna seemed so happy though now that she had her dog. She said it had been so long since she had a dog of her own. When she was playing with him or petting him she seemed so motherly and in her element. I guess it was like when I was behind a drum kit or strumming my guitar.

On about the fifth day of having the dog Rayna was tired of calling him puppy. When we were outside watching him play in the snow she started asking if I had come up with any names.

"Well no i didn't know I was supposed to."

"Of course. I can't think of any."

"I don't know. Shithead?"

She almost glared at me.
"We are not naming him after the dog in The Jerk."

Wednesday laughed a little as he went back in the house yelling "I need this."

"I'll think of something.”

I kissed her cheek and opened the door leading her and the dog inside out of the cold.
As she sat on the couch watching Devil’s Rejects I said I was going to the studio.

"Have fun"

"Oh loads"

She laughed as I went down the stairs leading to the studio.
As I set up my kit I bumped my snare making my stick to fall on the ground.

"Damnitt"
As I crawled around looking for it I noticed the puppy's white paws as he stood in front of me. I looked up and saw he was holding my stick in his mouth.

"Thanks."
The puppy let out a small bark and sat in front of my kit as I played a few notes.

As I went through a few songs I began hearing my bass when I wasn't even hitting it. Oh shit do not tell me my house is fucking haunted I will leave right now.

I leaned over the kit and saw the puppy sitting so his tail hit the bass in with a good rhythm.
So he follows me around, brings me my sticks, and helps me think of a beat.
Almost like a.....

I grabbed the puppy and went back into the living room.

"What happened? Did he chew up something?"

"Did he pee in the studio? Cuz he left a puddle in my room the other day."

"Nope, nope and ew. Ok so he follows me around. He brought me a drum stick when I knocked it on the floor. And he came up with a good beat...”

"So?"

"So. He acts kind of like a...."

"A....."

"Roadie"