Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

Taking Dawn

**Rayna's P.O.V***

I tried my best not to eavesdrop on Joey and Corey's conversation but when I heard my name brought up I couldn't help. After I heard Corey leave I sat on the counter thinking about what I had just heard.
3 months instead of 6...
Paris? Vermillion? RING?!?!?!

I tensed when I saw the door handle turn and Joey walk in.
"You ok?"

"Yeah just a little tired."

"Let's go ahead and get some sleep. Long day tomorrow."

I held out my arms as he picked me off the counter and carried me to bed.
He laid me in the bed and kissed my forehead before pulling the blanket over me. He slowly climbed in the bed and wrapped his warm arms around my bare stomach. I felt him softly kiss my neck before putting his head on my shoulder.

I tried to sleep but thoughts of what i head continued running through my mind.
I opened my eyes and noticed the clock said 2:34am. Joey had rolled over and was softly snoring with his face in the pillow. I sat up and pulled my legs over the bed feeling the cold of the room.

A chill run up my spine when I heard my phone vibrating across the room in my bag. Who the hell would be calling me? I slowly got up dreading the cold walk across the room. I dragged my feet making sure not to wake up Joey. He had enough on his mind.
When I flipped open the phone I was relieved to see it was only a text message from Wednesday.

* Blondie! Don't know what time it is there. Sorry! Roadie kinda pee in your room and ate your shoe. Literally ate your shoe!! Anyways have fun but not too much.
W13***

I laughed a little thinking about Roadie. I missed his brown eyes and random black spots. I also, missed Mokie's big yellow eyes and soft purrs.
I looked over when I heard Joey mumble my name in his sleep. He moved his hand as if feeling for me. I quickly walked over and cuddled up to his warm body. Falling back asleep was hard once I warmed up. I only wish I could have slept longer.

*RING* *RING* *RING* *RING*

"Fuck...I'll get it"
I mumbled my reply as Joey left the bed to answer the hotel phone.

Yeah. Thanks. No? What? English please. Ok?"
I laughed as he hung up cursing the German person on the receiving end.

"Morning."

He turned and smiled.
"Morning. How does food then sight seeing before sound check sound?"

"Sounds pretty good"
I pulled the blanket closer to my body watching Joey dig through his bag frantically, swearing under his breath.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing. I thought I lost my ri...wallet. My wallet."

"Your wallet?"

"Yep."
He pulled out his black SlipKnoT wallet and showed me.

I slowly got out of the bed and began looking for something to wear as Joey yawned and watched over me.
I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom turning on the warm water and letting it steam up the small bathroom.

As I stepped into the warm water I heard Joey walk in and whistle. Keeping the door unlocked was a smart idea. I let the water run down my back as I washed my body. I felt Joey walk into the shower and wrap his hands around my waist and kiss my neck.
I love you. You know that right?"

I turned around and kissed him softly.
"Of course. I love you too."
I washed my hair while he rinsed his out making shampoo go all over the shower wall.

"Nice."

"Hush"

He got out of the shower letting me rinse out my hair. When I got out he was standing there holding a towel for me with one wrapped around his waist.
I took the towel after kissing him.
As I brushed out my hair he brushed his teeth next to me. When he turned to me I burst out laughing at the toothpaste around his mouth. I wiped it off and handed him the brush. After we finished in the bathroom we walked into the room to get dressed.

I threw on my bra and underwear and began looking for the shirt I had picked out.

"Looking for this?"
I turned to see Joey in his jeans holding my black sweater.

"Yes please."
He tossed it to me and said he was going to get Steph and Corey as he pulled on a black thermal. I pulled on my sweater, jeans, and jacket and grabbed my boots. I hopped after him putting on my boot as we entered the hallway.

I was surprised to when I saw a flash come from down the hall.
"Nice one"

"Thanks"

I put on my other boot and followed Joey to Corey and Steph's room. When we finally all got together and were walking around town I noticed how quaint and nice it was. Joey had his arm around my waist keeping me close and warm.

Watching how Corey and Stephanie acted made me want that. They held hands, stole kisses from each other, and still flirted with each other.

We ate at a small cafe. Joey and I shared some type of warm sandwich I couldn’t pronounce. It was a little awkward when a group of teenagers came by our table asking for autographs and a picture. After they left we finished our food and decided to walks around a little more.

Sight seeing with Joey, Corey and Steph was fun. I really didn't pay attention to what I was looking at regarding their names. We made sure to take plenty of pictures.
Corey making a snow angel. Corey getting in trouble for making a snow angel. We didn't realize it was someone's yard.

Steph drinking her first black beer. Steph gagging over he first black beer.
My first snowball fight. My first snowball to the face.
Joey walking and giving me the horns. Joey tripping over a snow covered log after giving me the horns.

We found a small skating rink and decided to try it out before sound check in 2 hours.
Corey and Steph decided they were just going to go inside and get hot chocolate.

"Don't hurt yourself!"

"We'll be fine."
Joey took my hand and led me to the icy rink. It turned out to be easier than I though until Joey stopped suddenly making me slip and fall.

"Um ow."
He looked down and apologized a few times before helping me up.

"Why'd you stop?"

"Thought I saw someone I knew."

"Here?"

"Weird right?"

He helped me brush off the ice on my butt before copping a feel.
"Getting a little handsy aren't ya?"

"Maybe."he said with a smirk before waving at someone.
"I knew I recognized him!!"

"Who?"
He pointed at a tall, young guy with long brown hair walking around the rink. For some reason he looked a little familiar.

When we walked closer to him I realized why he looked so familiar.
"Chris?"
"Rayna? Rayna!!!"

I grabbed Chris in a hug and asked him what he was doing here.

"Tour with them. Wait... You know Joey?"

Joey put his arm around my waist and smiled.
"We're together. You know each other?"

"Yeah. I saw Chris and his band perform when we went to high school together. We were like best friends them."

Chris flashed his pearly whites and said, "She dated our guitar player Mikey."
I groaned, "Don't remind me."

We all talked awhile. Joey even acted cool when Mikey and Andrew (the bassist) joined us.
"Ray. You should go join Corey and Steph. Get warmed up. We'll join you in a few."
I agreed and walked off turning only when I heard them say my name and Mikey say, "That's why she ended up with Derick."

As I walked off I couldn't stop thinking how excited I was for tonight's show.

SlipKnoT featuring Taking Dawn....

My current boyfriend featuring my high school boyfriend....