Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

Coffee and a chain

***Joey's P.O.V***

I tried to not act awkward around these guys but it was hard. All were younger than me, taller than me, and really good looking (in the most non-gay way possible).
So, Chris was Rayna's best friend from high school. Andrew was just a friend. But, Mikey (the best built one) was her ex. I know I shouldn't be afraid of losing her bit this guy looked like he could get any girl with the snap of his fingers.

"Let's go inside I'm freezing my balls off."

I agreed with Chris and we joined Rayna, Corey and Steph inside. I sat next to Rayna smiling when she moved her seat closer letting me hold her warm hand under the table.

"What you getting?"
I turned to her and shrugged. I hadn't even looked at the small drink and desert menu in front of me.

"I'm goanna order for you then"
Everyone "awed" as she flipped through the menu.

"Corey. You gonna open with Duality right?"

He looked up form his coffee (He was a coffee addict I swear) and nodded.

"Then Heretic I think."
The waitress walked up asking if we wanted anything else.

Yes. He will have the caffeine overload and I'll have the...ummm. That"

I laughed when she didn't even attempt to pronounce the coffee cake she pointed at.
"Your gonna give Joey caffeine and sugar?"

"Yeah I want him up all night"
Mikey smirked and asked if we were living together.

"Yeah. Took her from that dick"

"Good. I never liked him. After we broke up and she got with him I thought I was going to kill him."

"You did break the guy's nose and jaw I think." Chris said before sipping his drink.

I chuckled, "I punched him in the jaw."

Mikey high-fived me and pointed at the approaching waitress.
"Here you go. Refills?"

Everyone agreed as I stared at the large cup of cinnamon colored liquid covered with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

"You want me to drink that?"

"Yes and eat some of my cake."

I looked at the plate in front of her. The white and brown layers gave off a sweet coffee-like smell.
"Babe, its tiramisu."

"Oh."
I laughed as she took a small bite and tried her best to not dig into it.

"Let me have a bite."
She grabbed the plate away from Chris's approaching fork and smacked his hand. I slowly lifted the cup and took a sip of the liquid.

Almost immediately I could tell the drink was going to make me bounce off the walls.
Corey announced, "Here comes Superball!!"

"Shut up. It's good."

Rayna laughed and wiped a bit of whipped cream off the side of my lip before licking her finger.
"Yum."
"The drink or me?" I said with a wink. Steph groaned and told us to get a room. Just to annoy her I grabbed Rayna and kissed her.

After we finished our drinks and deserts we all walked to the nearby venue for tonight's show. I got to learn a lot about the Taking Dawn guys over the walk.
Chris and Rayna grew up next door to each other. He was the one that taught her how to play the guitar. When they started high school Chris met Mikey and introduced him to Rayna. Mikey soon after asked Rayna out. They dated until their senior year. Broke up on a mutual decision because they decided dating within a band would be awkward. After they met Andrew, Rayna got a job and met Derick. Derick got in a fight with Mikey and lost...badly. After that Derick refused to let Rayna see them.

I was happy that Rayna had finally gotten to see them after such a long time. Fucking Derick. The more stories i heard about him the more I wanted to kick his ass.
We walked up to the venue seeing a bunch of people already lined up outside. I looked at my phone and saw we had 3 hours until show time. Fuck sound check. Corey waved at them and led Steph into the venue followed by the Taking Dawn guys. I began walking up the line signing scraps of paper and taking pictures. Rayna stood at the front watching in admiration.
When I finally made it back to her I had about 2 1/2 hours. I grabbed Rayna's hand and led into the large venue to the backstage area. When we walked in I noticed that we were the last to come in. I flipped off Clown when he said, "What not you got a girl now you're gonna be late all the time?"

He walked off to the dressing room as Rayna sat on a nearby couch motioning for me to go. I kissed her quickly and ran down the hall passing a shirtless Mikey on the way.

"Break a leg out there man."

"Thanks. You too. Where's Ray?"

"She's out there sitting on a couch. Why?"

"I found our old demo when she sang with Chris. Wanted her to hear it."

He held out the C.D that was marked "Ray and Chris #1"
#1 how ironic.

"Can I borrow it? We have a stereo in the dressing room."

He handed it to me and said, "It's really good. I'm gonna go get tuned."

"And dressed?"

He pulled up his jeans and said, "Nope. I never wear a shirt onstage. Gets hot"
I nodded and continued to the SlipKnoT dressing room CD in hand.

Once inside I checked the stereo and began playing the C.D. As I applied the black face paint around my eyes I recognized the song as "the Chain" by Fleetwood Mac.
"Joey. What'd you put on?"

I turned to see Jim already fully dressed holding his guitar.
"A demo Rayna's friend gave me."

I was tempted to say ex.
"It's pretty good. Her vocals?"

"Yeah. It's Taking Dawn our opening band."

He nodded and went back to tuning his guitar. When I finally had the paint on and was dressed I joined Rayna in the other room.
I came in to find her talking to Chris, looking at their set list.

"I can't"

"You can"

"I won't"

"You will."

"She will what?"

Chris turned to me and said, "She won't sing "The Chain" with me. It's our closer and it'd be great to sing together again."

"And I say no because I don't want to make a fool of myself."
I sat next to Rayna putting my hand son her shoulder.
"Please? I heard the demo. You're really good on it."
She looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes and then at Chris who was begging her to sing.

"Fine....I'll do it."