Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

The suspense is killed

**Joey's P.O.V***

"Congrats it's a boy"

"A boy?"

"Yes as in male"

"I'm not an idiot"

I looked down at Rayna who was staring at the screen. I leaned down and kissed her forehead as she muttered something that sounded like "my son."
The doctor wiped off her stomach and printed out a picture of the baby. As we left the office we saw Wednesday sitting in the front seat asleep. I leaned in his ear and yelled, "It's a boy!!!"

"A boy?!?!?!"

Rayna nodded and rubbed her stomach as Wednesday cheered saying Rayna was going to be surrounded by testosterone. As we drove to a nearby Chinese food restaurant (Rayna was always craving it yet she got sick over garlic go figure) Wednesday began going through the alphabet thinking of a name.

"Adam? Bryan? Chris? No not Chris because then your friend will think we named it after him."

"We?"

"Yeah. We. I'm the uncle."

"So? You’re not his dad."

"Your point? Remember I have a kid."

"You have a daughter that lives with your ex wife."

"True"

"Plus we have a name"
Rayna smiled as pulled up to the restaurant. I held her hand as we walked in Wednesday pestering us the entire time about the baby's name.
Even when we were eating he wouldn't stop asking, Every time he asked we would change the subject.

"Name?"

"Aww he kicked."

"Name?"

"Let me feel."

"Name?"

"What color should we paint the nursery?"

"Fuck you guys."

We laughed as Wednesday pouted and began playing with his chopsticks. After we finished eating the waitress walked up saying that we would have a small boy.

"Well yeah we can tell he'll be small."

"How?"

"Umm I'm fucking 5'3. She's 5'5."

"I never tire of hearing how she's taller than you."

The waitress giggled and placed the check on the table with our fortune cookies. Weird. I could remember the first time we all ate together Wednesday asked if I loved Rayna. Now i knew it.
Wednesday cracked open his cookie and laughed before reading it out loud.

"You will experience a dramatic change in environment and mood."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"The baby's getting my room. I'm getting the guest rom and I'm gonna get laid?"

"Uh the baby is getting the guest room and by who?"

Wednesday winked at Rayna before saying, "Pregnant chicks are hot."

She laughed sarcastically and kicked him under the table.
"Your turn."

I handed Rayna a cookie as she sighed. I knew she still remembered her first fortune. In a way it had come true soon after her getting it.

"You should expect an event that will bring the one you love closer."
She smiled as I pulled her close and kissed the side of her head.

"Your turn."
I groaned and took the last cookie.

"What the fuck?"

"It says that?"

"No dumbass. It says: Jealousy will attempt to take away the one you love."

"Jealous? Who'd be jealous?"

"Me. I'm 100% jealous. Rayna...I love you."
Wednesday burst into laughter after his failed attempt to be serious. I felt Rayna out her hand on my knee trying to reassure me everything would be ok.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom before we leave."

Rayna got up leaving me and Wednesday. I didn't even notice I was picking at a napkin until Wednesday grabbed my hand.

"Dude, stop it's just a stupid cookie."
"Just a stupid cookie? Remember, "You will find love in the music you hear daily?" And now this event one?"

"Come on it says attempt! Doesn’t mean it will be successful."

I put my head in my hands hating the fact that Wednesday actually made sense. It was just a cookie. Just a cookie.
"Everything ok? Should I go back to the bathroom?"

I looked up quickly as Rayna walked back holding her stomach. I never noticed how big she was getting and how fast it was happening. 4 more months and I'd be a dad.
"We're fine let's go home."

I laid down some money and walked out with Rayna next to me and Wednesday following.
As soon as we got home Rayna said she was taking our son upstairs to take a nap. Our son. I still couldn't believe I was going to have a son. When she was up the stairs walking down the hall I grabbed Wednesday's arm and led him to my office.

"What?"

"Nursery. We need to start the nursery."

"Right now?"

"Tomorrow but we should go get paint and all that shit."

"O.k what are we doing with it?"
I went behind my desk and pulled out one of my many sketch books and showed him the room designs I had come up with.

"That one. Since it's a boy I like the gray."

"Think Ray will like it?"

"She's gonna love it"

I ripped the page out and we quietly left the house to get paint. First thing in the morning we'd start the baby's room.