Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

Paint war

**Rayna's P.O.V**

"Wednesday don't get it on the carpet!"

"I'm not. Finish that wall."

"I did..."

"Not the top."

"I can't fucking reach it!!"

Wednesday's laughing made me wake up causing Roadie to whine and Mokie to meow angrily and run off. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes feeling the sun shine in from the window. I slowly got out of bed feeling the urge to pee. Number one of 50.

As I finished I brushed my bird's nest of hair and wondered why Joey was up already.

"Wednesday, the dog. Get the damn dog!"

I laughed a little to myself hearing something fall and make a loud splash. I walked down the hall noticing gray puppy prints leading to Wednesday's room from the guest room. I peeked into Wednesday's room and saw Roadie sitting on his bed with gray paint on his head and paws. Paint?

I continued down the hall to the guest room hearing Joey and Wednesday singing, "Slit My Wrist" loudly. When I walked into the doorway I was shocked to see the room empty except for a ladder, paint cans, a paint covered Joey, and a paint covered Wednesday. I cleared my throat making them both turn around and stop painting.

"Um Ray your up."

"Well yeah. What are you doing?"

"Painting the nursery."

"And the carpet and each other."

"And Roadie."

"Roadie?"

"Yeah he's in your room with paint covered paws."

"Fucking dog."
Wednesday put down his roller and ran out of the room.

"You like the color?"

I walked into the room a little more avoiding the wet paw prints on the floor. It was actually a really pretty gray. I could tell which walls Joey had painted because the top was still white.
"I love the color. Wednesday's going to have to do the trim"

He gave me a little smirk before saying he'd have to. Joey walked over to me and kisses me. Hugging me was almost impossible now. He placed his hand on my stomach and kissed me again. When he took his hand away he started laughing. I looked down and saw he had left a hand print on my shirt.

"Well thank God I was going to change."

He laughed before telling me to get out so they could finish. I slowly walked back to our room after stopping in front of Wednesday's room laughing as he was still struggling to get Roadie out.

"Roadie out!"

*bark* *bark*

"Roadie! Get out!"

"You know Wednesday if this is how you talk to an innocent little puppy how are you going to talk to the baby?"

"The same way if his feet are covered in paint on my bed."

I looked at Roadie who was waiting for Wednesday to go after him again. His tail was wagging wildly.

"Roadie. Let's go."
Roadie barked and jumped off the bed following me to my room.
"What the fuck? This shit will never come out. Fuck!"

"Wednesday! Get your ass in here. We're far from done!!!"

I chuckled a little to myself as I heard Wednesday walk back to the room. I quickly threw on a pair of jeans (O.K. they were actually Joey's but they were comfy and loose over my baby belly) and one of Joey's t-shirts Why buy maternity clothes when I could just throw on his clothes for now?

As I threw my hair up in a ponytail I laughed at how "unconventional" our life was:
* All three of us had multiple piercings
* Wednesday and I had multiple tattoos
* Joey and Wednesday were "rock stars" (I hated using that word)
* Joey and I were 14 years apart
* We weren't married...yet
* We were having a baby
* We had only known each other a few days before I moved in.

I rubbed my stomach and mumbled the baby's name. The first one I came up with Joey fell in love with. We vowed not to tell anyone until he arrived but I had a feeling Wednesday knew. His sisters didn't even know. I was snapped out of it by Roadie whining next to me. He still had paint on his head and paws.
I got a wash cloth and carefully wiped his head off. Joey could give him a full bath later.

"Hungry bud?"

Roadie barked in agreement and started walking out of the room to the stairs. I could hear Joey and Wednesday listening to a radio now. Thank God they stopped singing. Despite the fact I loved them dearly and Wednesday's voice was amazing when they were purposely trying to butcher a song it was torture.

I walked into the kitchen noticing Mokie was lying on the table enjoying the sun coming in from the large window. I looked through the cabinet easily finding Roadie's 50 pound bag of dog food and Mokie's food.

"Roadie. Bowl."

He barked and immediately went to his bowl and sat. I was so glad Wednesday taught him that. I filled his bowl laughing when he began to devour the kibble. Mokie, upon seeing his brother eating happily, jumped down and began winding himself between my legs complaining loudly.

"Yes Mokie I'm going to feed you too."

I filled his bowl as well and set it down as he slowly walked over and ate quietly. As I watched them eat my stomach began growling loudly as the baby informed me it was time for me to eat also.
I quickly made a sandwich and sat in the living room to watch TV. I was so bored.
Joey and Wednesday were painting.

Steph was watching Griffin (Corey's son) while Corey was recording with Stone Sour.
I didn't feel like calling Kate or Annie.

Even after they ate Mokie and Roadie went upstairs as if they had better things to do.
Great, even the damn dog and cat didn't want to stay with me. As I watched a marathon of "That Metal Show" I started thinking what the baby would look like.

* Would he have light or dark blue eyes?
* Would he be blonde? Or have Joey's natural brown hair?
* Would he be short like Joey?
* Would he be pale like us?
I even wondered if he'd play the guitar or drums first.

After a few hours of brain washing TV I was startled when I heard Mokie hiss loudly, Roadie bark, and someone run down the stairs. I looked up to see Joey standing in the doorway with paint on his hands and all over his head.
"What happened?"

"Wednesday was painting over me and spilt the bowl."

I got up and wiped his face off laughing at him.
"Why did Mokie and Roadie sound pissed?"

"The paint got on them also. Then Roadie hit my palette with his damn tail and it got on Mokie."

"Poor thing. So we don't have a black cat anymore?"

He laughed, "No, he's white, gray, yellow, red and I think purple."

"Cat of a different color."
He laughed again and took my hand in his paint covered one.

"Ready to see?"
I nodded as he led me upstairs covering my eyes as we walked down the hallway. He kissed my head and uncovered my eyes...

It was amazing. The walls were the pale gray with black music notes circling the room. They had even painted Joey's sticks and blood guitar next to the window. But, the thing that really caught my eye and even made me tear up a little was the large mural on the wall where we decided the crib was going to be.
In a billboard like style it said:

JOEY AND RAYNA PRESENT...
ERIC NATHANIEL JORDISON