Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

Meeting Mom

**Joey's P.O.V**

I looked down at Rayna as she laid back and breathed hard. Her hair and skin glistened with sweat as I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"You did great."

"Where is he?"

"They're weighing him."

She smiled as a nurse walked over to us handing Rayna a bundled up blanket holding our son. As she held him she seemed so comfortable. He was beautiful. Her skin was pale like mine; his hair was a light brown and already showing signs of being thick. I sat down next to Rayna as everyone and I do mean everyone started walking in.

The room was quickly filled with,
"He's so beautiful"
“He looks like you Joey"
"What's his name?"

Chris slowly walked up showing signs he was tired from driving and waiting.
"My godson?"

"Yes. Eric. Eric Nathaniel Jordison."
Chris smiled as I looked up hearing my sister Kate speak up behind him, "I love it."
I put my arm around Rayna as she held Eric. He still hadn’t opened his eyes the entire way so it was a mystery what color they were.

"Ray. Joey. Look over here!"

We both looked over at Stephanie who was holding a camera. She quickly snapped a picture and showed everyone. After about 2 hours of pictures and questions the only ones left besides Rayna, me and Eric were Kate, Mikey, Wednesday, and Chris.
Rayna was asleep as was Chris and Kate. Wednesday and Mikey were playing cards on the window sill. I was standing next to them holding Eric.

"You know he really looks like you."

"I am his dad."

"If only he'd show his... Oh wow."

"What?"

"His eyes. He's opening them the whole way."
I looked down at Eric as he revealed his deep gray eyes. They almost looked like his room color.

"Gray. They're gray."

Yeah you put blue and blue together you get gray."

"Guess so."

"You know he looks a lot like that picture off the computer."

"Picture?"
Wednesday quickly explained to Mikey as I put Eric in the small crib like bed next to Rayna's bed. He quickly closed his eyes and fell asleep.

He was so small. The doctor said he was a little over 18 inches. A foot and a half. His hands were so tiny as he made and unmade fists in his sleep.
I never knew I could love anything or anyone as much as I loved Rayna and now I learned what unconditional love was. It was family.

"Joey?"
I looked over at the door recognizing the voice as a woman walked in.

"Mom?"
My mom walked into the room quietly before grabbing me in a hug.

"Joey, why haven't you called me? I get a call from your sister saying you have a girlfriend then you’re engaged and expecting a baby?!?! And today I get another call saying the baby is here."

"I'm sorry it's been pretty crazy and busy."

"Crazy? Nathan Jonas Jordison I raised you i know crazy."

"I know. Forgive me?"
She smiled and grabbed me in another hug.

"Of course you’re my only son. Now where's my grandson?"
I carefully picked Eric up again and handed him to my mom. Wednesday cleared his throat loudly waking everyone up including Rayna.

"Let's go eat."

Wednesday, Chris, and Mikey quickly hugged Rayna, said good bye to me and left. Kate got up and hugged our mom, Rayna, me and kissed Eric's forehead before saying she had to go also.

"Mom, this is Rayna. My fiancée and Eric's mom."
She walked over to Rayna and did the awkward I have a baby and your in a bed hug.
"Rayna you and my son make a beautiful babe. Keep him happy."

Yes mam."

"Don't call me mam. You’re my future daughter in law... Right you still are getting married right?"

"Yes. At least I hope he hasn't changed his mind."

"Yes we're still getting married."

"O.k then Rayna you call me Jackie."

"Alright Jackie. He's cute huh?"

"Adorable. What's his full name?"

"Eric Nathaniel Jordison."

"I like it. His eyes are amazing. Such a deep gray."

My mom and Rayna got along a lot better than I thought they would. I don’t know why I didn't introduce tem earlier. I guess I didn't want to share how wonderful Rayna is.
I sat in the chair in the corner and just watched as my mom and Rayna gushed over Eric and her ring.

My son was here. I was going to marry Rayna as soon as possible. My career was better than ever. My mom and sisters loved Rayna as did my band mates. Her friends (well the ones that mattered) seemed to like me. I was truly 100% happy.