Sequel: Love at First Fright
Status: Completed :)

Blood-Stained Valentine

My girl

****Joey's P.O.V***

Trying my best to actually listen to the interviewer was harder than I thought. I couldn't stop thinking about Rayna and what Wednesday had asked me. All of a sudden I felt my phone begin to vibrate in my pocket. I reached into my pocket and turned it off. Whoever it was could wait a few more minutes.

The interviewer droned on and on asking Wednesday and me questions like...

"You ready to finish up the tour?"
"What would you say is your most prized possession?"
"What's your favorite band?" and the ever so popular...
"If you were president what would you outlaw first?"

When the interviewer finally said good bye and walked off Wednesday went immediately to the green room/bar. I followed him but stopped when I turned on my phone and saw I had a voicemail.

So I dialed one and waited for my message to begin. I was glad no one was around because I probably had the dorkiest smile on my face as soon as I heard her voice on the message say:

"Hey umm it's Rayna...Draith. Wow I have no clue why I just said my last name. *laughs* Anyways Wednesday if this is you. Thanks and keep in contact. If not then well I got your number from him. So yea. Love to see you guys again before you leave. I'll pretty much be at home all night. Call me..."

I sighed as I closed the phone. Wednesday didn't tell her it was my number. Should I call her back? No... I was going to surprise her. A huge smile came upon my face as I quickly went into the green room and told Racci to give me the keys.

"Why?" he asked jokingly holding the keys in his hand.
"I'm gonna go see Rayna." I mumbled. He laughed and threw me the keys. As I left the room he yelled, "Go get your girl!!"

My girl. It sounded kind of nice. Having Rayna as my girl. I almost ran out of the building and jumped; yes jumped the fucking truck was huge, in the driver's seat and drove to her apartment complex. I quickly ran up the stairs leading to her apartment and found myself standing in front of her door. Knock? What if that bitch was home? I braced myself for the worse and tried to turn the knob finding it unlocked.

I quietly snuck into the living room making sure to close the front door. As I slinked down the hall towards Rayna's room I saw that Kat's door was closed. Ok so she was most likely home but maybe she was asleep.

As I stood in front of Rayna's door I couldn't hear anything. I slowly turned the knob and saw Rayna lying on the bed fast asleep.

I walked over to her bed and sat next to her laughing when she quietly mumbled something in her sleep. I brushed a strand of her hair from her face making her slowly open her deep blue eyes and smile.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead before lying on the bed next to her. I wrapped my arms around her as she laid her head on my chest. This seemed so perfect. I barely knew this girl yet I felt so comfortable with her. I closed my eyes but not for very long when we both jumped from hearing something crash and Kat yelling at the top of her lungs something that sounded like, "Get the fuck out freak!!!!"

I quickly opened my eyes and saw that Kat had come into the room and saw us.

"Get out!! Get out!!!"

Rayna tried to calm her down and reassure her that everything was ok but Kat wouldn't buy it. Kat looked at Rayna and yelled, "NO!!! I warned you Ray. I don't want him here. He needs to leave..."

Rayna calmly said, "No."

Kat then did something she would regret for a long time. She raised her hand quickly and slapped Rayna across the face making her land on the floor with a loud thud and grab her face.

I got off the bed and went to Rayna's side as she looked up revealing a bright red mark on her cheek.

"Kat? What the hell?"

I looked at Kat in shock and calmly said to Rayna, "Let's go." I helped Rayna up and led her to the door past a speechless Kat. Before we left the apartment I looked back at Kat and said," I'll be back tomorrow for her stuff but I won't be alone."

With that I led Rayna to the truck. We sat in the parking lot for awhile in silence Rayna still rubbing her cheek.

I looked at her and softly said, "You ok? I didn't mean for your friend to kick you out or anything. I just I'm so stupid. I should have called first. I just needed to see you because I think I love you and I understand if you...."

I was cut off by Rayna leaning over the seat and kissing me passionately and saying, "I do too."

I held onto her hand tightly the entire drive to the venue where we would have our last show of the tour. Before we both got out of the truck I looked at Rayna and said, "I found you a place to move into."

"You have? But I just got kicked out."

"Yea, you're moving in with me and Wednesday in Iowa."