Status: Working on it. :) Please please please comment!

Superhero Origins: Watercat

An Average Day in the Life of Haley Adams

Haley sat down in the second to last desk as the late bell rang one final time. It was only the third day of her freshman year and she was already swimming in homework. She looked around Mr. Thomas's room.

"Where is he?" she thought.

Wally, her best friend, was late as usual. She figured he was having car trouble again. He was staying with his uncle, and he didn't have the best car in the world.

She pulled out last night's homework assignment and opened her textbook. Jessica leaned over and tried to copy her work.

"Dude! Not cool." Haley whispered.

"Oh shut up. Its not the first time I've copied your work. Just the first time you've noticed."

Haley was starting to get angry. Jessica wasn't a friend, but she was an orphan that she found at the community pool earlier that summer. Her mom agreed to let Jessica stay for a while, just until she was sixteen. Haley did it out of pity, despite Jessica's mean and ungrateful attitude.

"Whatever. Just don't let Mr. Thomas see. If I get in trouble, heads will roll. Especially mine. My mom would kill me if I made below an 85." Haley replied.

Her mom was a single real estate agent who was pushing Haley to get an academic scholarship.

"Psh. Your mom's way too strict. So where's your boyfriend, Hal?" Jessica teased.

Now she was pissed.

"He's NOT my boyfriend. And I don't know. Probably stuck at his locker or something."

The girl pushed back her blonde hair behind her ear and laughed.

"I don't even see why you like him. He's slow and un-coordinated."

That was as far as Haley was gonna let Jessica bad mouth her best friend. She pushed Jessica back over and put her papers on Mr. Thomas's desk.

"Watch what you say about him, or I'll tell everybody what happened in the community pool this summer." she whispered with spite.

Jessica gasped and turned around almost instantly. At the same moment, Wally walked in and gave a note to the teacher.

"'Car broke down, eh Mr. West? Alright. Your excused as long as you have last night's assignment." he said gruffly.

Wally handed him the paper.

"Alright. Take your seat."

He sat down behind Haley, then looked at Jessica.

"What's up with Jess?" he whispered. "She looks like someone held a gun to her head."

Haley smiled.

"You could say that."

"Alright Hal, I know that look. You said something this time didn't you?" he said playfully.

"Shh. Class is starting. I'll tell you afterwards."

45 minutes later, the bell rang sending the students to second period. Haley got up and made towards her locker. It wasn't long until Wally was right next to her.

"So..." he said as he poked her shoulder. "What did you say?"

"She was talking about you again. I just told her to back off. No big deal." she said as she opened her locker and switched books.

"You didn't need to do that."

"She called you slow!" she replied.

"Not my fault I was late. Uncle Barry's car broke down again." he mumbled.

Haley smiled. Wally always did know how to make her feel better. She poked his forehead.

"I think she meant up here, Walter." she said before closing her locker and walking away.

"Oh... Hey! That's not cool." he shot back.

He chased her down the hallway towards their second period class.

The entire time, Jessica was watching with hatred in her eyes. She didn't have to put up with this girl's crap anymore. The same threat was getting old. By now, Jessica didn't care if Haley said what happened at the pool. She was actually kind of proud of herself and what she did to those people. In a few days she'd be 16. In fact, Jessica thought she might leave a little early.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and rate please! This one was all me without any approval from one of my closest friends. Im nervous.