Take a moment.

uno de uno.

Song: Right Girl - The Maine.
Characters: Casey Ann & & Todd.
For: This contest.
Word count: 1,617.


Image


Got caught running up a tab.
Couldn't drive home, so I had to share a cab.
Introduced herself by her last name,
The kind of girl you steal from the football team.


Todd raises his hand drunkenly in the air as the rain came down on him. He stumbles a little off the sidewalk but gains his balance back. He sighs as the taxi pulls up, opening up the door a little blonde girl hops into the back. He sighs and begins to close the taxi door, but she stops it and pats the spot next to her. She smiles as he slides in next to her.

"Parkway avenue, please."

She notice as his words slurred, but he was absolutely gorgeous. He smiles slightly as the car starts moving and he slides in the seat. He closes his eyes but opens his mouth.

"What's your name, beautiful?"

She blushes lightly, "O'Connor. Casey Ann O'Connor."

He smiles and puts out his hand, still not opening his eyes. She slides her hand into his and shakes it, "mines Todd."

She smiled, even though he couldn't see it, "well, nice to meet you Todd."

He smiles and nods his head at her. Absolutely gorgeous . . . . she thought. The taxi stops in front of a apartment building. Pulling out the money to give to the taxi driver, Todd stumbles out of the taxi. Casey scared for his life, she jumps out of the car and running up to Todd. Grabbing him and helping him walk she finally gets him into the building. He looks at the beautiful helping him.

Helping him into the elevator, he presses the floor number. He leans against the wall, holding Casey Ann close to him. She was snuggled into him, he smelt like booze, Axe, and something else she couldn't put her finger on. The elevator stops and he pull her out along with him. Walking to his apartment, he struggles getting the keys out of his pocket. With Casey Ann sighing, she grabs his keys and unlocks the door for him. Pushing him in the living room, she closes the door.

Brought up, a sliver spoon mess
Always trying to tear off her catholic dress
Told me she's over this place
Needs to feel the Midwest wind in her face
But the alcohol made its way down
She was the last thing that I saw last night before I hit the ground.


Todd walks around, flicking lights on, taking off his clothing, and trying not to fall. With Casey Ann following him turning everything off, picking up his clothes, and helping him up when every time he stumbled. Opening the door to his room, he falls to his bed and looks one more time at Casey Ann before he fell asleep.

Oh god I did the wrong thing to the right girl.
My mind was only in it for a minute.
Had a bad fling with a good girl.
I was stupid and dumb not giving a.
The blank stare out the window.
If I could just sober up I could just admit.
I did the wrong thing to the right girl.
It was your world, baby and I just entered in it.
It was your world, baby and I just entered in it.


After that night, Todd and Casey Ann got together. Of course it being the summer, they didn't know if their relationship was gong to last long. It was a week before summer was officially over and Casey Ann was getting ready for Collage. Her third year, and she was so pumped to go back.

Todd didn't know what he was going to do, probably go work for his dad. His dad was some type of business guy. Todd need her and he loved her. He needed her to know how he felt and he knew how he was going to do it. He wanted to take it to the next level.

Casey Ann stood in purple long sleeved shirt and skinny jeans. He came up to her as she shoved clothes in the Collage box. Turning her around, he kissed her. The kiss got heated. Leading her to the bed, she pushed him on the bed and got on top of him. Grabbing the rubber band of her wrist, she threw her hair into a messy bun. And went do on him, kissing. It got more heated and that was when they gave each other their v-card.

I've never been the best with my mouth
Try to stay smart but the dumb comes out
Maybe I'm shy, I drive an old car
Maybe I'm amazed that I got this far
And I got my stand-bys waiting on the line
But the hardest part is knowing that it won't be her this time


After that night, nothing went well. Todd couldn't say anything smart. Anything that came out sounded dumb. Casey Ann thought it was cute and didn't mind it. She loved how he drove a old car, how he was shy when he wanted to give her something. Todd didn't know that later on in life he wouldn't have her.On Monday in the cold fall air, he left Casey Ann in her dorm. He left quickly and never saw her again.

Life went by. Todd went to Harvard Law School as Casey Ann went to NYU. They haven't seen each other in two years. They talked on Facebook, but either then that they were busy. Too busy for each other, too busy for anything really.

Please, please, baby come back
Please, please, baby come back
Please, please, baby come back
Please, please, baby come back

She came back
Thought she had it all planned out
Went to marry some guy she had talked about
A tear in her dress and a tear in her eye
And just like that her whole life flashed by
She won't remember what you said last night
That if you ever needed someone to pick up the pieces in your life.


It came time when she finally made a appearance at Todd's front door. Telling him that she was getting married in two weeks, and she needed him to help her with the wedding. Forcing on the biggest, fake smiling he could put on, he agreed.

It came time after their bonding. Laughing, sharing movie nights, and help plan the wedding. He stood and watch his love of his life walk down the aisle. She smiled at him and looked back up to the front of the room to notice that her husband-to-be wasn't their. Telling everyone to calm down and take a seat and wait for a few minutes.

Five minutes, he didn't show. He stood Casey Ann up. Crying and lifting up her dress she made her way down the aisle. Her ex-husband-to-be's family was in shock and her family was raged. Todd made his way out. The only way was to look for her. He ran around and saw a piece of her dress on a fence post.

Following little parts of the dress to a little bridge. She was sitting down and looking at the water. Todd walked over to her and sat down. She leaned her head on his shoulder and sighed.

"Todd, why? Why, me?"

He sighed and took one of his thumbs and pressed it to her face a wiped the tears off, "I don't know sweetie, I don't know."

She cried quietly, "I can't believe I thought I had my life all planned out. I was going to get married, have a kids, and finally have a family, but that didn't go didn't it."

She laughed a little as did Todd, "sweetie, it's all right. You were to good for him anyways."

She sniffed, "see, I'm not good enough for anyone."

He smiled and put his finger under her chin to make her look at him, "babe, you good enough for me."

She smiled and kissed him. He pulled back shocked and leaned down and kissed her again. She giggled and leaned back on his shoulder.

"What was that for?"

She giggled and sighed, "I've been wanting to do that for a while now."

He smiled, "really, now?"

"Yes."

His smiled widen, "well, Casey Ann O'Connor, I've always wanted to do this. Ever since that night you took me home and took care of me, I knew you were right for me. You were the right girl for me. I didn't care if we fought, I knew I could forgive you later. Or how you're so caring for people you don't know or how you try to look beautiful, when you don't need too. So Casey Ann O'Connor will you marry me?"

She smiled and shook her head yes. She cried again and kissed him. Getting up and him grabbing ahold of his hand, she smiled. She finally had hope.

Oh god I did the wrong thing to the right girl
My mind was only in it for a minute
Had a bad fling with a good girl
I was stupid and dumb not giving a
The blank stare out the window
If I could just sober up I could just admit
I did the wrong thing to the right girl

It was your world, baby and I just entered in it
It was your world, baby and I just entered in it
Oh, it was your world
All yours.

(Please, please baby come back)
Yeah it was your world baby and I just entered in it.


They got married, had a family and grew old together. They were the prefect couple ever. In the end Todd got his right girl and Casey Ann found her right guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Done!(:

Love Alex xoxo