Meet the Parents

Only chapter

Heather’s chocolate hair swirled whipping her in the eye. Her girlfriend, Abby, sat in the driver’s seat of her silver Mercedes convertible. They were taking a road trip from New York, where the girls were going to college to Abby’s parent’s house in Avon, Connecticut. The CD player was blasting Ignorance from Paramore’s album Brand New Eyes. Heather sighed she was about to ask Abby for a ponytail holder but thought better of it and laughed out loud. Her girlfriend doesn’t have any need for one with her short red hair.
Abby gave her girlfriend a confused glance before returning her gaze to the road. Heather just shook her head then quickly realized Abby wasn’t looking at her. Heather said “Nothing Abby.” Abby smiled and shook her head that was just like Heather. Heather yawned she had been up since three in the morning worried about finally meeting Abby’s parents. Heather shook her head dismissing the thought she couldn’t worry about it. Heather reclined her seat all the back curling into a ball trying to catch some sleep.
Abby noticed Heather attempting sleep she smiled closing the convertible top so the wind wouldn’t bother Heater too much. Abby turned the volume down just as Ignorance was finishing off. Abby ran a hand through her hair smiling at her girlfriend’s beauty. Heather’s face was decorated with clusters of freckles her eyes were hazel under her delicate eyelids her pale skin glowed in the sunlight. Abby’ smile grew as she remembered how they had met.
~ 7 months ago~
Heather was walking into her chemistry class her nose in the book trying to do some last minute studying. She didn’t notice that she was about to run into someone until it happened. Abby landed straight on her ass with a large “Oomph.” Heather dropped her book and immediately went to help the girl to her feet. She apologized profusely and blushing terribly especially after realizing the girl was extremely attractive. The girl’s green eyes were framed by large black nerd glasses she looked utterly irresistible in a blue and red flannel shirt the first few buttons left unbuttoned exposing her flawless tan skin.
Abby smiled taking in the girl who had knocked her down. The girl was wearing an oversized Ramones t-shirt and what looked to be a guy’s jean jacket. Abby’s smile slipped a little the girl’s probably had a boyfriend what a shame. Abby stuck out her hand and said, “Hey I’m Abby.” Heather shook the out stretched hand it was soft and firm. “Hey I’m Heather again I’m sorry about running into you.” Abby put up her hand signaling Heather to stop “It’s fine besides I probably wouldn’t have the excuse to talk to you.” Heather blushed mumbling something incoherent, Abby smiled broaden maybe she wasn’t straight.
“Your boyfriend is one lucky guy.”Abby questioned testing out the waters. Heather’s brow furrowed her head tilted and her mouth downturned into a frown. “What?” Abby gestured towards the jean jacket Heather was wearing. Heather’s mouth formed a perfect O and she shook her head violently “No this is my brother’s jacket I’m a lesbian.” Heather’s hazel eyes went wide with shock. Why was she compelled to tell this strange girl about her sexuality? Abby laughed a soft melodious sound “I am too if you were wondering.” After that Abby was on a mission to become Heather’s girlfriend and she accomplished it.

~Present time~
Abby was pulling into her parent’s driveway a large white house with black shutters loomed in front of the couple. Abby sighed seeing the bright yellow Porsche pared behind the black Escalade, her older brother was home. Abby turned off the ignition running a hand through her hair and she plastering on a fake smile not wanting to worry Heather. She gently shook the brown haired sleeping beauty “Wake up sweetheart.” Heather groaned cuddling into herself more and lamely tried to slap Abby’s hand away. Abby laughed a genuine smile replacing her fake smile Heather always did have a way to cheer her up without knowing it. “Babe I know you want to sleep but we’re here.” Heather shot up quickly she looked at Abby “Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?”
Abby unbuckled her seatbelt and said “I know you were up at three I wanted you to get some sleep.” Heather unbuckled her own seatbelt sighing there was no use in arguing with Abby. Abby grabbed Heather’s hand kissing it softly “They’re going to love you don’t worry.” Heather smiled her gratitude to Abby. Abby let go off Heather’s delicate hand opening her door and went to get their bags. The front door of the giant house opened a shrill voice screamed “Abigail your home!” Abby took a deep breath smiling and replied to her mother “Hey Mom I missed you!”
Abby dropped the bags on the bags giving her mom a hug. Her mother pulled away holding onto her daughter’s forearms “You’re still beautiful and tall like your father. Where’s that stunning girlfriend we keep hearing all about?” Abby blushed as Heather sneaked her way under Abby’s slender arm smiling. “Hi I’m Heather it’s a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Walker. Abby has talked about a lot.” Abby’s mother beamed at the young girl warmly “Heather dear please don’t call me Mrs. Walker it makes me feel old. I’m Lisa and I hope Abigail tells you only good things about me.” Lisa laughs a sound identical to her daughters.
Heather giggled glancing at her girlfriend quickly “Never Abby only told me the best about you, Lisa.” Abby’s eyes were sparkling with amusement she knew Heather would win over her mother. Everybody loved Heather which sometimes meant Abby had to deal with guys pining after her girl. Lisa ushered the couple in the large house where Abby’s father stood at the bottom of the wooden grand staircase. Abby smile broaden she would never admit it but she was a daddy’s girl. Her father opened his arms wide yelling in a southern brash voice “Abigail, princess, your home.” Abby burrowed into her father’s chest taking in his cigar and aftershave smell.
He released her daughter looking for the guest of honor rapidly locating the girl. “Ah this must be your lovely girlfriend you keep calling home about.” Abby’s blush intensified as did Heather’s her pale skin becoming a color resembling a tomato. Heather smiled bravely “Hi Mr. Walker I’m Heather it’s a real pleasure to finally meet you as I was telling your wife.” Mr. Walker opened his arms beckoning her. Heather hesitantly made her way to the man where she was scooped up into a large bear hug she was literally swept off her feet. Abby’s father put her down and said “Call me Tom your part off the family now.”
A booming male voice rang from the top of the stairs “Is that Abby cakes with her little girlfriend?” Abby rolled her eyes looking up to see her older brother, Tyler, loping down the large staircase in seconds due to his long legs. He grabbed his sister roughly under his elbow violently ruffling her sister hair with his knuckles. Abby struggled trying to free herself from her brother’s death grip retreating to her girlfriend’s side. “Aw don’t like your brother anymore Abby cakes?” Abby shook her head “No I don’t enjoy my head being rubbed raw.” Tyler let an explosion of a laugh rattling the glass chandelier above his head.
Abby ignored his immature behavior although he was the oldest of the Walker children at twenty five. Abby was the middle child and was 5 years older than her sixteen year old sister, Quinn. “Where’s Quinn?” Lisa and Tom exchanged a look Lisa started to talk but was interrupted by Tyler. “She had a hot date with some nerd, Blake.” Abby nodded her head Blake could be just not on the football team that’s why Tyler called him a nerd. Heather smiled knowing what it was like to have a brother herself had three older brothers and one younger brother. Tom smacked the back of Tyler head “Blake is a smart respectable young man.” Lisa shook her head steering the girls to their bedroom telling them dinner is in twenty minutes.
Abby wrapped her arms around Heather’s slim waist securely kissing the tip of the freckled nose. “What do you think of my family so far?” Heather giggled placing her arms on Abby’s shoulders “They’re cool but I can tell you’re a daddy’s girl aren’t you?” Kissing Abby’s jaw teasingly Abby smile faded “No I’m not a daddy’s girl why would think that?” Heather shrugged her girlfriend would never admit it. Ever. Heather kissed the spot just behind Abby’s ear. Abby shivered from pleasure her breath picked up “Heather stop we don’t have time for that.” Abby breathily stuttered out knowing Heather was purposely teasing her. Abby bent her head down to meet Heather’s soft jaw she kissed it softly. She then bit down gently, tracing her tongue along her jaw line biting down every so often. Abby’s mother’s voice scared the girls they jumped apart although the mother was calling from the bottom of the stairs that dinner was ready.
Abby held out her arm for Heather “May I escort you madam?” Heather rolled her eyes shaking her head at Abby taking the extended arm and allowed herself to be lead to dining room. Tom sat at the head of the large oak dining table, the wall were a burgundy color there was a chest which displayed antique looking china. Lisa’s blonde hair stuck out against the rich, dark colors of the room as did Tom’s graying hair. Heather noticed a petite girl with honey hair and tan skin lounging in the chair next to Tyler. She assumed she was Quinn Abby’s little sister, Heather was seated next to Abby’s mother. Heather noticed Abby inherited her emerald eyes from Lisa and her flawless tan skin too. Tyler who looked like no one on the family with his mess of black curls, brown eyes, and, pale skin he could have been Heather’s relative.
“Heather this munchkin is our little sister, Quinny.” Tyler boomed Heather was learning quickly he didn’t have any other volumes. Heather smiled politely at the girl who was returned then the girl turned to her older brother with a glare that would have made an army shake in their boots. “I swear you’ll regret it if you don’t stop calling me that god awful nickname.” Abby shook her head “Quinn just get used to it I have been trying to get him to stop calling me Abbycakes since I was five. I think it’s the curls that prevent anything from getting through or he’s that dense.” Tyler opened his mouth to respond but was silenced by Tom yelling “Enough you three we have a guest and I’m sure she doesn’t want to your bickering. God knows me and your mother don’t.”
Heather tried to contain her laughter as all three siblings bowed their head in shame and mumbled their apologies. Heather felt a pang of homesickness remembering the fights she had with her brothers she shook it off. Lisa asked “What’s your major again Abby?” as the main course of perfectly cooked ham, fresh vegetables, and, a delicate, fluffy bun was put in front of her by a maid. Abby cleared her throat “I’m majoring in English.” Lisa clucked her tongue as Tyler laughed “Sucks for you. You’re the black sheep until Quinn decides not to become a doctor or scientist like the rest of us.” Tom, Lisa, and Abby all glared at Tyler he put up his hands saying “Don’t shoot I’m incident.” Everybody ignored him Lisa turned to Heather “Are you majoring in English too dear?” Heather stopped cutting her delicious ham and answered “No I’m majoring mathematical sciences.” Lisa’s jaw hung on its hinges Tom dropped his fork the sound near echoing in the massive room Tyler and Quinn just stared astounded. The family had been expecting some friendly and nice enough flaky party girl majoring in psychology or art definitely not a girl majoring in mathematical sciences.
Abby smirked knowing she had a girl majoring in mathematical sciences. Tyler regained his composure first and clapped the sound breaking the silence that had fallen over the table. “Well, Abby you have become less of a black sheep.” Quinn grinned and said “Wow that’s cool Heather.” The Walkers nodded the night went by smoothly the normal interrogation question making sure Heather was good enough for Abby. Abby’s smirk never left her face the whole night she could see her family was immensely impressed by her girlfriend.
The next morning as everybody bid farewell Abby’s mom hugged her daughter. She whispered in Abby’s gauged ear “”Don’t let her go ok? I love you.” Abby said “I love you too and I wasn’t planning on letting her go.” Lisa laughed loudly receiving glances from the rest of the group she shook her head. Abby backed the car out of the winding driveway she took Heather’s hand squeezing it gently. “I love you Heather. Thanks for being amazing you amazed the shit out of my family.” Heather laughed “Your welcome I love you too babe. You’re pretty amazing too.” Abby giggled turning up the music Playing God blasted and the top was down. Heather and Abby slipped on their sunglasses prepared for the road ahead of them to Maine to meet the parents of Heather Anderson.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed my extremely long corny love story.