Status: A Side Project, I'll try to update as much as I can.

The One Finger Salute

When We Were Eighteen

"Please, Tay. Please." Steve-O begged me. I groaned and put my ear back to the phone. "Fine, but you owe me big time." I said then hung up the phone. I hopped into the car and drove to the police station. I walked through the doors and up to the receptionist. "I'm here to pick up Stephen Glover." I told her. "Right this way." She said the lead me to the drunk tank. "Stephen Glover." She called out. Steve-o stood up and walked out. He tried to put his arm around me but I walked out of the building. Just because I was picking him up didn't mean I had forgiven him. I sat in the car and waited for him to get in. He stopped and turned. He peed all over the stairs leading up to the police station. I groaned as a cop made him mop it up. He climbed into the car and smiled at me. "You can't keep doing this Steve." I said driving to the school. We lived in London, and went to the American School there. My mom was Steve's baby sitter when we were younger and then went on to be a maid for the Glover family. "Tay, you need to live a little." Steve-O said. "I am living, I got accepted into Oxford." I said. He laughed. "Nerd." He said then giggled. I couldn't help but smile. We parked in the school parking lot. I got out and smoothed out my dress. I grabbed Steve-O's graduation clothes and our gowns and I ushered Steve-O into a bathroom. "Get dressed." I said pushing him into a bathroom stall. He came out wearing khakis and a light blue button up shirt. I handed him dress shoes and his robe. He put those on and I handed him a toothbrush. I touched up my makeup and turned to him. "I'm sorry." He said looking down. "That's all I wanted to hear." I said putting on my robe. I gathered up all of his things and put them into a bag. He smiled and hugged me. "I'll take those out to the car miss Performer. You go get ready." He said then kissed my cheek and ran to the car. I rolled my eyes at how he was running then went to where the graduation was being held. I looked all over for Holly. I finally found her, and tried to calm her down. Soon enough every one was seated and our principal was introducing us. Holly and I walked out on stage and started to sing.

Holly started.
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
and we are lead
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well. I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew
I have been changed for good

I smiled and wiped some tears from my eyes. Then I sung my part.
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made from what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a hand print on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend.

I looked over at Holly who was holding my hand. Trying so hard not to cry.

Like a ship blown from it's mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

Holly smiled and sang
Because I knew you.

We both joined in.
I have been changed for good.

I sang by myself again.
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

Holly sang.
But then I guess we know
there's blame to share.

We both sang.
And none of it seems to matter anymore.
I went up on the note and she went down.

We then sang our parts at the same time.
Holly sang.
Like a comet pulled from orbit.
While I sang.
Like a ship blown from its mooring.

We then both sang.
Who can say if I've been change for the better?
I do believe I have been changed for the better

Holly smiled and wiped tears from her eyes.
And Because I knew.
She grabbed on to my hand.

I smiled.
Because I knew you.
I squeezed her hand.

We both joined in and harmonized.
Because I knew you.
I have been changed.
For Good.

we finished then hugged.
We sat down next to Steve-O and Isaiah and let the Valedictorian say her speech. Steve-O hugged us both. Once The Valedictorian finished we all clapped and cheered.

We all lined up to get our diplomas. Holly and Steve-O both had names higher up and with my last name Parks we all were separated but quickly grouped back together with each other. All of our parents made us all take pictures together. Holly, Steve-O, Isaiah and I were best friends since we were sixteen. Steve-O though since thirteen. So of course we all had to make fun of each other as we took pictures with out parents. "Tay, just one of you and Steve-O." My mom said. We got together and hugged the crap out of each other and smiled. She snapped the picture and then told Holly to get up there. We did the same thing but we were crying and smiling. Once all the pictures were done, we all went to our homes.

Once we were changed we went to one of the many parties that were being held. And of course I ended up having to drive a drunk Steve-O home before he got into trouble.

"Taylor, may I have a word with you?" Steve-O's dad asked me. "Of course." I said, He lead me into his office and told me to sit. "Steve got accepted into The University of Miami." He said. "That's great!" I said smiling. "Yes, but his behavior worries me. I understand you were accepted there too." Mr. Glover said. I nodded. "I would be happy to pay for your entire collage tuition, books and supplies, and housing for the full four years, if you choose yo go to Miami with Steve and watch over him." He said. I had a lot on my mind. If I did go to Miami, I would only have to pay for food. That and my mom could use all the money we had saved for her needs. On the other hand, If I decided to stay and go to Oxford. I would have a better education. I was thinking. Steve-O did need someone to watch over him, and I couldn't just leave him all alone. I took a long sigh and looked at Mr. Glover. "Alright, I'll do it." I say then smile. We stand and shake hands. "Please don't let Steve-O know about this." I ask. He nods then shows me to the door. "Goodnight Taylor." He said then shut the door. I ran a hand through my hair and then got in the car and drove home. After my Mom and I talked she said it was okay and that I was to keep the money we had saved for college. I denied and said I would take only a little to get me started then I would look for a job. I then took a shower and went to bed. Feeling a little more safe know I had plans for my future.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I did a little reading on Steve-O and I'll try to make it as real as possible, so be nice. and I do not own the song used in this chapter. Which is called For Good by the musical Wicked if anyone is wondering.