Like Nobody Else


Marley Luna gave up her career of being a professional surfer to take care of her younger half-sister, Rhia, after their father committed suicide.

Rhia was angry...at everything and everyone. She was openly a lesbian, and had been since her freshman year of high school. Labeled a social outcast, an artistic freak, and an overbearing feminist, Rhia only had one true friend—Emma—who had been shunned from the popular crowd when she chose to remain friends with Rhia after they had invited her to be a part of their elite, inner circle.

It had been four and a half months since Marley had come to Huntington Beach, California, to watch over Rhia, and it seemed that the seventeen-year-old still hadn't warmed up to her older half-sister. Considering their ten year age gap, Rhia didn't make much of an effort to get to know Marley, and since Rhia can't recall the years she had spent with her older half-sister—up until she was eight-years-old when Marley was being disowned by their father—she doesn't plan on trying too.

What brings them together is something Marley would have never saw coming, and it makes her meet one man that changes her views on romance.

A teacher's conference about Rhia's outspokenness...with her Art teacher, Matt Sanders.

Note: Just something new that began when I was away for two weeks on vacation. Thought about it nonstop and hopefully you all like it! The credit of the title goes to a song by My Darkest Days, a kick ass band (: