Like Nobody Else

XI.

| c h a p t e r - e l e v e n |

After being badgered about Matt all through lunch, Marley finally took the time to explain to Fallon and Zeke that the two had only gone out on one date so far and that he was Rhia's Art teacher.

Around four o' clock, Matt called and set up a date for seven; when Marley asked what they would be doing, he claimed it was a surprise—which only made Marley nervous.

"His friend was hot." Marley poked her head out of the bathroom, confusion written on her face. Fallon was hanging upside down off her bed, reading a Cosmopolitan magazine with a smirk on her lips.

"And which one was that?" Marley asked as she returned to her spot in front of the mirror, running a brush through her hair.

"Brian." Hearing Fallon's answer, Marley snorted with an eye roll. Even though Fallon was her closest friend, she was the worst with guys. She was hardly picky—dating guys shorter or younger than her—but Marley was aware that she only liked "the chase". Once she had whatever guy she wanted wrapped around her finger, she realized she wasn't satisfied, and moved onto the next one.

"Please do me a favor and not break his heart, if you ever see him again and if anything even happens, that is." Marley sighed as she debated on what to do with her hair. Pulling half of it up, and then letting it fall down; she repeated this process at least twelve times until she heard laughter from the doorway. Fallon was shaking her head, giggles still passing her lips.

"You're never this girly. It's a nice change," Fallon said before nodding to the toilet. "Sit down, I'll do your hair."

A little over an hour later, Marley was completely ready; her hair fell down her back in a waterfall of curls, and she had Fallon to thank for the gorgeous results. Matt had texted her to let her know that it wasn't necessary to dress up, and that she would be fine wearing whatever she was comfortable in.

Even though Fallon had insisted Marley wear a different shirt, she was set on wearing the simple, white t-shirt with "Surf's Up" written on it; she had bought it in an x-small, so it would fit her snug in the right places.

When the doorbell rang twelve minutes before seven, Marley shooed Fallon upstairs. With a smile, Marley opened the door. Not once did Matt's smile falter, even after he saw what his date was wearing.

"I remember you telling me that you're allergic to roses, so I thought of an alternative that I hope you like." Matt had his hands behind his back, but as he put them in front of him, Marley saw that he was holding a frame of some sort. When he passed it over to her, her smile grew wider—if that was even possible.

In the picture frame was a painting of roses, and it had the most beautiful details Marley had ever seen. There was even a card sticking out of the bouquet of roses with "to Marley" written on it in cursive.

"Wow, Matt, thank you. This is absolutely beautiful," Marley glanced up at him with a grin. "Uh—why don't you come in? I want to hang this now." He nodded before she opened the door enough to let him in.

"Where do you plan on hanging it?" Matt asked, hesitantly following her as she made her way to the stairs.

"My room," Marley was halfway up the stairs, and when she looked back, she saw that Matt was still standing in the foyer with a sheepish smile. "Come on, I invited you in, which means you can come up to my room." Marley laughed, waiting until Matt had started to climb the steps before continuing on the short trek to her room. "This is it." Marley pushed open the first door on the right.

"It's nice. A lot of blue." Matt chuckled, gently sitting on the corner of Marley's bed as she looked around the room, judging where she should hang the picture.

"I told you blue was my favorite color," She flashed him a grin over her shoulder before deciding she would hang the picture over her bed; there was already a stray nail in the wall from where a different picture had been hung—one that she took down as soon as she moved into the room.

Less than ten minutes later, the pair were leaving the house in Matt's Challenger.

◊ ○ • ○ ◊ ○ • ○ ◊

124 Readers, 52 Subscribers, 27 Comments.

Hopefully you guys liked this chapter (: BTW, I've been working on an Oliver Sykes fanfiction so expect to see it soon—like later today or tomorrow, more than likely (: Haha.

And I'm sorry this one was so short! I'll try to make the next one longer!

WhitneySheree—Yeah, he's a douche, haha, but you're right about Matt (: Thank you for your comment!

bloodyvengeance—Haha, yeah, Auden is, but thank you for commenting (:

taylorsatiger—Thank you so much (:

I love you all (:
Any feedback is good feedback!
Comment and Subscribe :D