Like Nobody Else

XIII.

| c h a p t e r - t h i r t e e n |

It had been one week and four days since Matt and Marley began dating on a regular basis, and Marley finally decided it was time to tell Rhia who she was seeing. Tomorrow night was Rhia's first field hockey game, but telling her now would be best since Matt would be at the game too. Marley had initially wanted to tell Rhia a few days ago, but Rhia was always out and about with her new, older friends.

Sitting at the table with a cup of tea in her hands, Marley sighed as she heard the front door shut. Rhia entered the kitchen only a moment later with a bright smile, though it faded when she saw the serious expression on Marley's face.

"What's going on, sis?" Rhia asked curiously with an arched eyebrow as she got a beer out of the fridge; Rhia and Marley were on a certain level of understanding, so seeing Rhia drink didn't bother Marley.

"I've been meaning to tell you who I've been seeing for the past week and a half...please, take a seat," Marley managed a crooked smile, though she was a bundle of nerves; she was just hoping Rhia didn't take it the wrong way and freak out.

"Okay." Rhia shrugged and took a seat opposite of her half-sister, intent on listening to what she had to say; Doctor Kilva had told her with the progress that she had made, that she could shorten her sessions and space them out farther—eventually not having any at all.

"I genuinely like him a lot, and I hope you don't have a problem with it." Marley sighed and closed her eyes before finally saying it. "I'm dating your Art teacher." Expecting to hear cursing or Rhia stomping away, Marley was pleasantly surprised to hear laughter coming from her younger sister.

"I was worried you were gonna say that asshole from the stoplight!" Rhia chuckled with a smile before adding, "That's totally cool that you're dating Mr. Sanders though. He's a good guy—you could've told me anytime." With a relieved smile, Marley leaned over the table to hug her younger sister with appreciation.

"Thanks, Rhi." Marley grinned as she ran a hand over her sleek updo; Fallon had taken the time to do it after she showered, which Marley was grateful for.

"Now, can you tell me what the hell you're wearing?" Rhia snorted with a laugh.

"I'll tell you after you give me your honest opinion on the outfit." Marley sucked her bottom lip in between her teeth and chewed on it lightly, waiting patiently for Rhia's response as she looked the outfit up and down.

"Well, my honest opinion would be that you look like a hot, naughty substitute teacher—the only thing that you're missing is the horn-rimmed glasses." Both sisters laughed before Rhia finally calmed down enough to ask, "So why are you wearing it?"

"Job interview—this is the nicest thing I could think of to wear." Rhia rolled her eyes at this discovery.

"Why don't you go change into something more suitable? As in a wetsuit and hit the beach. Reggie also runs a class off to the side, and hires surfing instructors' to help. You'll get the job in a heartbeat."

◊ ○ • ○ ◊ ○ • ○ ◊

214 Readers, 84 Subscribers, 35 Comments.

Sorry for the wait! Hopefully you guys liked this chapter, though. Sorry it was so short! I just really wanted to get in an update for you guys.

bloodyvengeance—Yeah (: Haha, thank you for your comment!

WhitneySheree—I'm glad you loved it :D Thanks for commenting.

ladyofsorrows101—Yeah :D Thank you for the comment!

magmababe141—That's great that you love it (: Thank you for commenting!

I love you all (:
Any feedback is good feedback!
Comment and Subscribe :D