Like Nobody Else

XIV.

| c h a p t e r - f o u r t e e n |

"All of the applicants can go home," Reggie waved off the surfers' without blinking an eye, grinning as Marley chuckled. "You should have known I would pick you in a heartbeat."

"You didn't even make me turn in an application," Marley laughed lightly with an eye roll.

"Because I've seen what you can do. Besides, a former professional surfer working as a surfing instructor—it'll bring in a lot of business," Reggie smirked, earning a second eye roll from Marley.

"When do I start?" Marley asked as she pulled her hair up into a ponytail.

"Right now; you only have three appointments today, so you'll be off work at about six. Sessions last an hour each—you already know the drill of how to teach it to others'." Reggie smiled, and with a nod, Marley headed down the beach to wait for her first "client".

Said client was a thirteen-year-old girl whose mother wanted her to "try new things"; including learning how to surf. While Marnie, the girl, had an attitude at first, she quickly warmed up to Marley over their one hour session.

Marley's second appointment was with an eighteen-year-old boy named Justin, and he continuously drooled over Marley during their session. He tried to give her his number for "personal reasons", but Marley politely declined by saying "she was already seeing somebody."

Her third and final appointment for the day was with David, a twenty-five-year-old that already knew how to surf—but wanted to see if he was better than Marley. It turned into a small competition, and garnered some attention from the beachgoers who ultimately decided Marley won.

"Here's my number—maybe we can do that again sometime." David smirked as he handed a slip of paper to Marley.

With a sigh, she waited until he was out of sight to toss it into the trashcan. "Why did you do that?" Reggie chuckled as he ran a hand through his multi-colored hair.

"Because, I've been seeing somebody." Reggie gasped at the realization, and reached over the shack's counter to slap Marley across the shoulder.

"And you didn't tell me! Shame on you," Reggie shook his head, though a smile was on his lips.

"Sorry, but I gotta get going. See you tomorrow." Marley called before jogging up the wooden steps to the street with her surfboard underneath her arm. When she arrived back at the house, Fallon, Zeke, Rhia, and Sophia were all sitting at the bottom of the steps'. "Hey, guys'...what's going on?" Marley raised an eyebrow in question.

"This is an intervention—for clothes'. You need a lot more selection, and we're here to help." Rhia said in a serious tone before a smile cracked on her lips.

"Oh...this is going to be fun." Marley groaned.

◊ ○ • ○ ◊ ○ • ○ ◊

262 Readers, 105 Subscribers, 39 Comments.

Even though I'm ridicuously sick over here, a lot of ideas for this story came to me last night, so I wanted to update. Hope you guys' enjoyed!

WhitneySheree—Yeah, she's just as accepting as Marley is now :D Thanks for commenting!

ladyofsorrows101—Glad you enjoyed (: Thank you for the comment.

bloodyvengeance—Of course not (: Thanks for commenting!

Aaugustin—Here's more :D Haha, thank you for the comment.

I love you all (:
Any feedback is good feedback!
Comment and Subscribe :D