Like Nobody Else

XV.

| c h a p t e r - f i f t e e n |

After forcibly spending three hours at the mall, Marley had a wide assortment of new clothes—including blazers, jackets, sweaters, cardigans, long-sleeve shirts, jeans, and she had even gotten high heels and boots.

It was now Friday, and Rhia had her first field hockey game that night. Marley was already dressed and had let Fallon straighten her hair for the occasion. It was already planned that they were all going in Marley's Jeep, and by all, that means Marley, Rhia, Sophia, Zeke, and Fallon—so the Jeep was going to be packed.

Marley had already agreed to meet Matt at the game, and Rhia was all decked out in her field hockey gear—including her jersey with her number "02" on the back with her last name "Isles" stitched in the top in block, capital letters, a fitting skirt with built in compression shorts that fell above her knees, knee-high socks, and cleats.

Since it was the middle of October, it was getting chilly at night—so almost everybody was wearing jeans and a thin jacket of some sort...except Zeke who insisted he wear a suit.

"You're just stupid—you'll be the only person there wearing a fucking suit," Fallon muttered with a shake of her head before switching her attention to Marley. "So, Halloween is next week—we going to party?" Wiggling her eyebrows made Marley laugh.

"Matt mentioned that he'll be holding a party with his friends'—we're invited. We'll go shopping tomorrow for costumes." Marley responded as she waited for five twenty to roll around. That's when they would all have to load up in Marley's Jeep, because Rhia had to be one and a half hour early; she was on the Varsity squad, so they didn't go on until after Junior Varsity—but it was a requirement for them to support the "younger" team, and practice before their game starts at seven thirty.

When they finally did leave the house, Fallon and Zeke briefly fought over who got the passenger seat, and as always, Fallon won, leaving Zeke to sit beside the two girlfriends' in the back.

Blasting whatever was on the local rock station, it only took Marley ten minutes to get to the school, where Rhia pecked Sophia on the lips before climbing out of the Jeep and darting back to the field so she wouldn't be late.

After parking the Jeep, Sophia, Fallon, Zeke, and Marley all made their way over to the field, and in an instant, Marley spotted Matt with his friends'; she had to admit that she was surprised that they even came...she would think they would have something better to do on a Friday night, but nevertheless, she smiled with a wave when she got closer.

Matt excused himself from his friends' and jogged over, picking Marley up in a hug with a dimpled grin. "Wardrobe change?" He questioned with a cocked eyebrow when he placed her back on her feet; he had noticed ever since he met her that she never wore jeans, so it was a dead giveaway.

"Yeah, they held an intervention for me last night." Marley chuckled as she rubbed the back of her neck, rolling her eyes when Fallon flung an arm around her shoulders.

"You should thank me, pretty boy—it was all my idea." Before Matt could get the actual chance to "thank" Fallon, she cut him off. "You can thank me by hooking me up with your friend, Brian."

"Oh my god, Fallon—seriously?" Marley muttered with a shake of her head.

"Uh, sure. He actually asked me to hook you two up the other day...but I said that it would be rude for me to do that." Matt smirked sheepishly before nodding Brian over. When the spiky haired man had approached, Matt reintroduced the two. "Fallon, Brian. Brian, Fallon. Now run off together children."

Fallon stuck her tongue out at Matt on purpose—pretending to be "childish"—before grabbing Brian's hand and tugging him away towards the bleachers. Sophia and Zeke walked up behind Marley, and waited for her to take Matt's hand and lead them towards the bleachers where Zacky, Johnny, Fallon, and Brian were sitting.

It was a while before the Varsity game started, but when it finally did, the group of eight were on their feet cheering for Rhia; even from a distance, Marley could see the red of her cheeks.

The game lasted for an hour and a half, with Rhia scoring the winning goal; Marley decided that a celebratory "party" was in order.

◊ ○ • ○ ◊ ○ • ○ ◊

285 Readers, 108 Subscribers, 39 Comments.

Sorry if it wasn't long enough.

I love you all (:
Any feedback is good feedback!
Comment and Subscribe :D