Like Nobody Else

XVI.

| c h a p t e r - s i x t e e n |

The party had a lot of underage drinking, since Rhia had invited the teammates' that she liked over for the celebration.

"Last night was the most I've ever drank...ever," Zeke groaned quietly as he rubbed his head; he had to be quiet—considering most of the people that had been at the party last night were passed out and scattered all over the house. Luckily, nobody had passed out in the kitchen where Marley sought out refuge with a cup of coffee and a bottle of asprin.

Marley had only woke up about a half hour ago, but she was in bed with Matt—naked...which could only mean one thing, and she was disappointed that she couldn't remember. Dressed in a snug, black shirt and a pair of white basketball shorts, Marley chuckled as Zeke attempted to open the bottle of Advil—apparently, he was having some difficulty doing it with his killer hangover.

"Give me that," Marley laughed lightly as she put her coffee on the counter and snatched the pills out of Zeke's hands, popping it open with ease before passing it back to him. "So, when are you and Fal going to go back to Australia?" Marley had yet to ask that question, and honestly didn't want too—it was great having her best friends' in Huntington Beach.

"Trying to get rid of us already," Zeke snickered with an eye roll before swallowing a couple of pills dry. "I actually don't know—I said I wasn't leaving California until you came back with me." Zeke was sheepishly grinning, and Marley knew he was telling the truth.

"Well, I don't know about that anymore. I'm not sure I want to go back to Australia once Rhia goes to college," Marley shrugged, narrowly missing the bottle of pills when Zeke chucked them at her.

"Are you serious, Marley?" Zeke's hangover seemed to evaporate pretty quick once this new realization was laid out on the table.

"I'm sorry, Zeke—it's just, California's grown on me." Marley didn't want Zeke to be mad at her, but she wasn't going to bullshit him either.

"You mean the Californians' have grown on you. Example, the tattooed bloke you slept with last night. I can't believe you, Marley. What's supposed to happen to Fallon and me—you just going to kick us to the curb and come and live the perfect suburban life here? You know what, fuck you," Zeke stomped off noisily, waking up a majority of the people that had been peacefully passed out in the living room.

Dropping her head in her hands, Marley ignored the soft padding of footfalls into the kitchen. Once she felt a strong yet soothing grip on her shoulder, she knew it was Matt coming to comfort her—he more than likely heard everything. Turning around on the stool, Marley immediately put her head in his chest to avoid him seeing the tears' that were brimming her eyes. He rubbed her back while a few tears' slipped out of her eyes, but she sat up in an instant, wiping her eyes when she heard Rhia yelling for people to, "Get the fuck out of her house."

"So, about last night," Matt was trying to get Marley's mind off of what Zeke had said. "I wanted to wait—especially until I could actually remember," That made Marley chuckle.

"But I guess since it's happened, we should just say fuck it," Marley grinned, finishing Matt's "speech" before he could. She leaned over to press a kiss to his lips just before Rhia entered the kitchen with Sophia in tow.

◊ ○ • ○ ◊ ○ • ○ ◊

366 Readers, 140 Subscribers, 44 Comments.

bloodyvengeance—Glad you loved them (: Thanks for the comment!

WhitneySheree—Haha, I'm glad you loved it :D Thanks for commenting!

Aaugustin—Thank you for commenting :D

ladyofsorrows101—It's fine, sorry for the late update! I'm glad you thought that part was hilarious though (: But oh yeah, haha, and sorry I didn't add more of the party! Thanks for commenting (:

Baby.Blue.Eyes—Glad you love it (: Thanks for the comment!

I love you all (:
Any feedback is good feedback!
Comment and Subscribe :D