Like Nobody Else

XVII.

| c h a p t e r - s e v e n t e e n |

"I don't know, Fal...he totally just blew up. He's never been so...angry at me before." Marley mumbled as she searched the racks for a Halloween costume; granted, she was hardly paying attention to what she was looking at with all of the shit on her mind since earlier.

"Marley, he's a drama queen—what do you expect?" Fallon chuckled, making Marley at least smile which was quite the accomplishment considering how down she was about Zeke going ape shit on her. "I swear it's like we've known each other for an eternity. In some way, Zeke feels like you're betraying him by picking California over Australia."

With how good Fallon could read people, Marley swore Fallon should have chose a career in psychology over surfing. "How do you feel about it?" Marley whispered, glancing over at her best friend with tired eyes. If Fallon were to turn on her, she would literally crumble—but she knew the woman standing next to her too well, and she knew for damn sure that she would never freak out like Zeke did.

"That I should seek early retirement and move out to Huntington Beach too." Fallon's response surprised her, and it made unexpected tears spring to Marley's eyes. Quickly blinking them away, Fallon elaborated on her answer, "Sugar, you're my best friend—have been since the day I met you, and will be 'till the day I die. So if you want to move out here for good, no matter what the reason is, I want to too then." Smiling, Fallon embraced her best friend in a tight hug before adding, "Now, I think we need to find a sexy little costume for you to show off to your boyfriend." A blush rose in Marley's cheeks—she didn't exactly know how to define her relationship with Matt, and she decided that she would let him be the one to decide "what" they were.

Hours upon hours were spent at the Halloween store, trying on numerous outfits whether they were for shits and giggles or were serious options. Ultimately, Marley chose to be a "Sexy Captain", something she hadn't seen done very often, but could be just as sexy as the cliché nurse or schoolgirl costume. Fallon had gone with a very revealing "Princess Leia" slave costume that would literally have Brian eating out of the palm of her hand; it was Fallon's dirty little secret that she was totally obsessed with Star Wars.

After heading home, Rhia was sitting in the living room with Sophia on her lap. Surprisingly, Matt and his best friends were all seated on the couch, watching the surfing channel...even Zeke was sitting in front of the coffee table, remaining as silent as ever. Marley's heart dropped when she realized it wasn't the surfing channel—instead, it was the video tape that she kept in the VCR in the kitchen...

She cringed as they watched her wipe out—Zacky going so far as to comment on it. "I wonder what made her fall like that? A surfer as good as her doesn't just fall...there had to be a reason." Apparently, everybody in the room hadn't heard her entrance—or Fallon's for that matter, and when they switched it back to regular television...it just happened to be on the surfing channel Marley subscribed too, and Auden's face popped up, doing an interview as per usual.

"You guys wonder why she wiped out like that?" Zeke bit, staring at the television through narrowed eyes. "He's the reason—" Before Zeke could say anymore, Fallon spoke up.

"Turn the fucking TV off." She practically yelled, shoving her costume into Marley's hands as she went into the living room. Zeke had attempted to get up, but was forced back down with a kick to his stomach. "You. Are. Such. A. Dick." Fallon paired each word with a kick, waiting until Zeke nearly coughed up a lung to stop. "I can't fucking believe you." When Fallon looked over to Marley, she had tears in her eyes, and with a shake of her head, she went upstairs with the costumes in hand before anybody could stop her.

◊ ○ • ○ ◊ ○ • ○ ◊

423 Readers, 163 Subscribers, 51 Comments.

A special thank you to WhitneySheree, Aaugustin, OctoberA7X, bloodyvengeance, Novocaine, Baby.Blue.Eyes, and ladyofsorrows101 for your wonderful reviews and feedback.

I apologize for the lack in updates, and I'm fully aware that Zeke seems like he overreacted in the last chapter. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed (: Sorry everything seems to be getting shitty, too—it'll get better!

I love you all (:
Any feedback is good feedback!
Comment and Subscribe :D