Like Nobody Else

III.

| c h a p t e r - t h r e e |

After cleaning up the cuts on Rhia's face and placing a large bandage over them, the pair left for the Thai restaurant that was only ten minutes away from the house. Marley knew that even though Rhia was being at least partially nice for once, that it wouldn't last long.

"So, what are you supposed to do about tryouts?" Marley figured she would use it to her advantage, and enjoy the small talk while she could.

"Well, it seems to me that I took those pent-up frustrations and used them elsewhere." Marley shot a sideways glance at Rhia to find the younger girl smirking as she pulled her legs and feet up onto the seat with her. "I already talked to Janie about it. She requested for Coach Rayner to either extend tryouts to when I come back or delay them until next week." Rhia seriously answered after a few moments of silence.

"That's nice of her." Marley mentioned as she stopped at a red light. A red Ferrari pulled up next to her, revving it's engine, and with an eye roll, Marley allowed her eyes to fall on the driver. He was probably in his mid-thirties, and he was good looking from what she could see. With blonde hair, blue eyes, and a killer smile—his looks were to die for...but he wasn't what Marley considered her type.

"'Ello, darling." The man called out smoothly in an English accent, a smirk ghosting over his lips.

Marley ignored him, focusing on the light as it turned green. "Goodbye, darling," She called out mockingly, speeding off as Rhia's hand flew in the air—since there was no roof, only a surfboard rack attatched to the supporting poles of the Jeep, Rhia's middle finger was out of the Jeep, and it was directed at the British man still sitting at the stoplight dumbfounded.

Probably the first time he was turned down. Marley thought to herself as she took a right turn into Leela's Thai Restaurant.

"Did they even have Thai restaurants in Australia?" Rhia snorted as she climbed out of the Jeep; she had been curious since Marley always claimed Thai was her favorite type of food.

"Well, yeah. For tourists." Marley smiled lightly as she led Rhia into the restaurant, waving to the hostess with a kind grin.

"Ah, Luna, you back again already!" The beautiful woman chimed, a smile gracing her red stained lips. "And who is this?" She motioned to Rhia, her grin widening as Rhia managed a small wave.

"My sister, Rhiannon Isles. Rhia, this is Kai Chesda—she's the owner of the restaurant." Marley made the proper introductions, and Kai gushed for a few moments about how beautiful Rhia was before leading the sisters to a secluded table by the kitchen.

"So, Isles, how old are you?" Kai asked as she handed each sister a menu; that's what Kai did—she called everyone by their last names.

"Seventeen, I'll be eighteen in March." Marley was surprised Rhia didn't snap or make some sort of comment.

"Good for you!" Kai exclaimed cheerfully before patting Marley on her back slightly. "You gotten back on board yet?"

Of course, she would ask something like that when Rhia is with me. As awkward as it was—Rhiannon didn't know of Marley's past career. All she knew was that she lived in Australia, and when she had seen the surfboard, she assumed it was a souvenir of some sort. She made logic of the surfboard rack on Marley's car, because she thought it was normal for any sort of car to be bought in Sydney with it already installed.

"Not yet. Still working on it." Marley answered sheepishly with a shrug, not paying any mind to Rhia openly staring at her.

"Oh, well what would you two like to drink?" Kai asked, flipping her braid over her shoulder.

"Just a water, please." Marley replied before glancing at Rhia.

"Water." Rhiannon spoke shortly, waiting until Kai walked away before saying, "What was she talking about?"

"Nothing."

◊ ○ • ○ ◊ ○ • ○ ◊

18 Readers, 9 Subscribers.

I love you all (: