Like Nobody Else

VI.

| c h a p t e r - s i x |

Marley found her nervousness increasing as the minutes ticked by on Friday. The night before, Matt had texted her during dinner, and even though Rhia asked who it was, Marley lied with a shrug stating, "nobody important". They set up the date for eight o' clock sharp, and Matt would be picking Marley up at the house—she had given him directions yesterday.

The time was now going on to four o' clock, and she knew that Rhia would be home within the next ten minutes. She had her first field hockey practice today, and from a text she received only moments ago, it "kicked ass".

On the counter in the kitchen, Marley had left a one hundred dollar bill for Rhia to do what she wanted with it. Buy food, go out—do something, and Marley hoped she would be spending the night at Emma's house so she could avoid the awkwardness of explaining how she was going on a date. If if did come to her having to tell Rhia this, she decided she would leave out that it was Matt Sanders—her Art teacher—taking her out to dinner.

"Marley, I'm home," She heard Rhia's voice yell as she opened and closed to door. It wasn't necessary to shout—since Marley was anxiously sitting in the living room, watching the surfing channel on mute—but the house was big, and if she had been on the second floor, she probably wouldn't have even heard Rhia.

"In here, Rhia." Marley responded once she found her voice, only for the seventeen-year-old to charge into the living room with a smile.

"Practice was great; I scored three times. Our first game is two weeks from now." Rhia plopped onto the couch beside Marley, but the older woman noticed Rhia was talking with an unusual lisp, and she was attempting to keep her open mouth out of Marley's sight.

"That's all fantastic, and trust me, I'll be in the crowd to cheer you on—but what's wrong?" Marley furrowed her brows, nodding to Rhia's mouth even though she had turned her head to the right.

"I, uh, wasn't sure how you'd react to this?" Rhia said before sticking out her tongue, revealing it to be slightly swollen since a white barbell with black stars was sticking straight through it.

"You thought I'd care?" Marley laughed lightly with a shrug before patting Rhia on the shoulder. "The children of Brett Luna have always been wild. You don't want to know what piercings I used to have when I was a teenager." It was the first time Marley had said anything even close to vulgar, but it made Rhia guffaw loudly while clutching her stomach.

"I didn't need to know that!" Her sister exclaimed, though she was dabbing at the corners of her eyes from laughing so hard. She believed it was a nice change for Marley, who purposefully lacked any sort of humor and audacity when talking to her.

"It's just a taste of your own medicine, little sister," Marley claimed playfully, tossing a harmless wink at her sister.

In actuality, that statement had been true. When she was a teenager, she had her nose, tongue, bellybutton, and clit pierced—all acts of rebellion that didn't go too well with the man that hardly acted like her father. Of course, he didn't know about the fourth piercing, but Marley enjoyed keeping it a secret known only to herself and whatever guys she dated. To this day, she had taken all but one out—can you guess which one remains?

"How'd you get it done anyways?" Marley was curious as to how her seventeen-year-old sister got a piercing when she wasn't there to sign for her—she didn't even want to know how it was paid for.

"My friend took me to Gray's when we were supposed to be at lunch. As long as you personally know the piercers and tattoers around here, they'll do them for you even if you're underaged." Rhia answered, smirking lightly.

"So, what are your plans for tonight?" Marley finally asked, shifting her legs so she could get comfortable as Rhia began to untie her dirty tennis shoes and pull them off.

"Well, first—I need to take a goddamned shower. The whole ride home Emma was complaining about my B.O.," Rhia paused as the sisters laughed. "As for the rest of the evening, I'm not sure."

"You aren't spending the night with Emma?" Marley raised her eyebrows questionably, and knew at this point that Rhia was suspicious when she gave her "that look".

"What? Are you in dire need of having the house to yourself tonight?" Rhia asked with an eye roll before adding, "That was originally the plan, but it's changed since then. Emma has this family night shit every Friday, and in past weeks, I've been intruding on those nights. Her parents asked Emma to politely decline any invitations of hanging out on Fridays, and they asked her not to ask if I can spend the night." Rhia wasn't totally lying—she just wasn't telling the full truth.

Emma had an older brother—Logan—who was a senior in college. He just recently started coming home on the weekends from UCLA to visit, and since Rhia was normally at Emma's, he had taken an interest in her. During their last encounter, he had said, "I knew you when you were just a girl. Now you're a grown woman." And then he kissed her. While he was what Rhia considered hot for a guy, he just didn't understand that Rhia didn't swing that way. Emma didn't know about it, and Rhia had no intentions of telling her—or anyone for that matter; especially a certain girl she had been seeing for a while.

"Rhia, I sort of have a date tonight." Marley admitted sheepishly, a soft pink tinting her cheeks as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Oh!" Rhia's laugh came out obnoxiously loud, and Marley wasn't sure whether or not to be offended. "Well, in that case, I'm going to my girlfriend's house."

Marley's head immediately jerked in Rhia's direction, only to see her sister with a serious look on her face.

"All right, just...don't get into any trouble. I left some money on the counter for you, so you and her can do something—if you want." Marley responded, scratching her wrist.

"Thanks." Rhia said as she scooped her things up in her arms and began to head for the stairs—to no doubt get ready for whatever she planned to do tonight with her girlfriend.

"And Rhi?" Her sister stopped just short of the steps, looking over her shoulder at Marley. "Don't hesitate to bring her over, y'know. I'd like to meet her." The corners of Rhia's lips lifted into a smile, and she nodded before heading up the stairs.

◊ ○ • ○ ◊ ○ • ○ ◊

56 Readers, 28 Subscribers, 9 Comments.

Ah! Sorry this chapter wasn't the date, but I didn't feel like doing the break in the middle of the chapter. The next one is the date, I promise!

bloodyvengeance—thank you again for commenting yet again, they always mean a lot to me! (:

WhitneySheree—yeah (: thank you for commenting!

Vanzchyk2011—thank for your comment (: Rhia is progessively going to get nicer—not to everybody! But to those that matter (:

I love you all (:
Any feedback is good feedback!
Comment and Subscribe :D