Like Nobody Else

VIII.

| c h a p t e r - e i g h t |

Marley had woken at the crack of dawn—something that had been routine for her ever since she was just a kid. But back then and before she had stopped it all together, it had always been to surf for a few hours before anybody else went to the beach.

Now, she had decided to run. She hadn't done it for a while, but for the first time in a while, she felt invigorated. After stripping out of her pajamas, she replaced them with a black sports bra, black track shorts, and Nike running shoes before tying her hair up into a sloppy ponytail.

The run gave her time to clear her mind, and think about the date the prior night with Matt. She had never been on a date that went so smoothly, and turned out to be so...perfect. Marley wasn't going to overanalyze though, and came to the conclusion that she would "go with the flow" when it came to Matt.

She returned to the house long after the sun had risen in the sky, and as the two-story house came into view, she saw that the same Honda Civic that picked Rhia up last night was parked by the curb.

Ah, I'll get to meet Sophia, then. Marley thought as she jogged up the porch's steps and headed inside.

Marley heard laughter coming from the kitchen, and only hoped that she wasn't about to walk in on something that shouldn't be interrupted. "Hey, Rhia, I just got home." Marley announced before she reached the kitchen, popping her head in to make sure the coast was clear.

Rhia was looking over her shoulder, a smile on her lips despite the position she was in.

A petite blonde Marley assumed was Sophia was sitting on the kitchen island, staring at Marley with wide eyes while her legs were wrapped around Rhia's waist.

"Hi, I'm Marley Luna, Rhia's sister." Marley introduced herself with a smile, reaching over to shake hands with the blonde.

"Sophia Lancaster, I'm Rhia's—" She paused, her pretty, light brown eyes flickering over to Rhia in question; when Rhia nodded her head with a smile, Sophia finished her sentence, "Girlfriend."

"It's nice to finally meet you," Marley shook hands with Sophia before going over to the sink and wetting a towel, dabbing her sweaty face with it.

"So, how did your date go?" Rhia asked as she hopped onto the counter beside Sophia, holding the other girl's hand left hand in her lap.

"Great, actually. How about you two?" Marley raised her eyebrows suggestively, earning a playful scoff from Rhia while Sophia's cheeks tinged a deep pink. "Just curious, but how old are you, Sophia?" Marley didn't care how old Rhia dated—within reason, of course.

"I'm twenty." She answered rather quietly, the pink turning at least twenty different shades as her eyes cast downwards to the floor. "Mr. Luna didn't approve of me, so this is the first time I've been in the house since before the summer."

As much as Marley wanted to say, "he was a royal douche bag", she simply offered a sympathetic smile before saying, "Well, I approve, and you're welcome to come over any time you want." Not only did a fond smile grow on Sophia's lips, but one appeared on Rhia's face as well.

"Thank you, that is very kind." It came to Marley's realization then that Sophia was soft spoken—the complete opposite of Rhia which made Marley think: "I guess opposites really do attract"—and she could detect something foreign in her accent.

French, Marley thought once she pinpointed the origin of the accent.

"You can stay for dinner tonight, if you'd like." Marley offered.

"That would be lovely, thank you again." Sophia grinned and mumbled sweetly.

"You can stay the night too—as long as you two girls don't get too rowdy and wake me up or anything." Marley smirked lightly as Rhia laughed loudly, only for poor little Sophia to blush and turn red. "Look, I've really got to take a shower. You two can pick out a recipe you'd like to have from any of the cookbooks. I'll be back down soon."

◊ ○ • ○ ◊ ○ • ○ ◊

69 Readers, 32 Subscribers, 16 Comments.

I just thought of the cheesiest, cutest thing for Matt to do (: But it won't be until the next chapter. Sorry this one was short, I just wanted to make sure I could get in at least one more update tonight. Tomorrow, my updates will more than likely be lacking.

It's "Sister Weekend". For the next five days I'll be at my sister's apartment. It should be torture, but my sister's five years older than me, go figure what we'll be doing. Hahaha. I should be able to find time to update when I'm there, but if I don't I apologize!

WhitneySheree—I'm glad you liked the date (: And yeah, I think it's impossible for Matt to look anything less than sexy at all times (: Haha, thanks for the feedback (:

Newborn.Angel—yes, the ideas for this story are steadily streaming through my head, so it makes me want to update a lot, haha (: But here's the newest chapter, and I hope you like it (: Thank you for your comment.

bloodravyn—thank you so much for your comment (:

bloodyvengeance—you must have already known I was putting Sophia in this chapter (: She'll more than likely be in following chapters, so look forward to seeing her (: As to whatever or not Marley will surf again, you'll just have to wait and see (: Thanks for much for commenting.

I love you all (:
Any feedback is good feedback!
Comment and Subscribe :D