Status: Just started..comments will help me out alot :)

Growing Old

Well the truth is...

I sat at my kitchen table and waited for my family to come home. I had my bags packed and waiting by the door to show them that I was serious about this.

Ten minutes later and the front door opened. My father was the first one to see me in the kitchen. "Hey Kyle, why are there bags in front of the door?" He asked. "Um I think mom should be here to hear this too." Mt father called her into the kitchen and they both sat down.

"Mom and dad, I'm leaving and won't be back for awhile. I already dropped out of school and need you to sign these papers or else you'll get a fine from the school for my ab sense." "What!" My dad yelled. "Joel calm down," My mother said. "Why Kyle?" She asked.

"Well the truth is, I'm sick of living in this town. Their views on life is stupid. Everyone is always in your business. I'm an outcast in school because the way I dress and I can't take it anymore." "Go, be safe and call me everyday," My mom said. Wait it was that easy? "But dear you're just going to let him go like that?" My father asked. "Yep. I understand what he is going through. Your going with Jake right? I knew that boy would be leaving soon."

My mouth hung open. "Well what are you waiting for? You need to get to a hotel before dark." She reached into her purse and pulled out a wad of money. This was for your car but here, I guess you'll need it now." I seen a tear escape her eye. My dad pulled some money out his pocket and handed it to me.

I thanked them and gave them each a hug goodbye. It was the least I could do. I grabbed my bags and walked to Jake's house which wasn't too far from mine.

Road trip here we come.