Status: Just started..comments will help me out alot :)

Growing Old

I Like Her

It's been a few hours since we headed out on the road and I have to say I'm starving. "Hey Jake find a diner or something so we can eat." "Sure thing." There was an exit sign on the highway and he made the turn.

We found a diner and we pulled into it. It looked pretty decent and the name was simple, 'Diner.' Jake got out first. "Jake I'll pay for this one," I told him. He gave me a thumbs up and headed inside.

As soon as we got inside we heard shouting and screaming. "What the hell do you mean I owe you eight dollars and fifty six cents?! That's crazy Joe and you know it. I only had a cup of coffee and a dough nut." There was girl maybe about 5'6 with wavy black hair. She looked like she was about to jump over the counter and attack the cook.

"There's been a change in prices. Either pay the price or I'll have the police here in five minutes." The girl Gave him a disgusted look. "Screw you Joe!" She shouted before walking out. Jake ran up to the counter. "Here I'll pay for her." "I don't care who pays as long as I get money." Jake set down a ten and then ran out of the diner. What's wrong with him? I'm hungry and need some food.

I followed him out and he was talking to that girl. Him, talking to a girl? He was never really great with the ladies and at first I just thought he was a closeted gay but then I realized he was just really shy.

I walked a safe distance behind him and the girl. "So Calista, what is a little girl like you doing out here ?" Jake said. "Excuse me but I'm fifteen and it's none of your business about why I'm here alone." She spatted. "Aha, I didn't ask why you were alone. So you're a runaway?"

"What's it to you?" She turned around and came face to face to me. Well sort of. I gave her a weak smile. "Move." She said before she pushed me away. Rude. Jake came over to me. "I think I'm in love." I shook my head. "Can we eat?" I asked. "Sure." Jake gave a longing look to Calista who was still walking away.

I dragged him into the diner and we sat down at a booth. Jake looked sad. "Dude get over her. You met her for like two minutes." He sighed. "But dude I like her." "And I like french fries but that doesn't mean I'm going to get all upset when they're gone."