Status: FINISHED!!!!!

The Good Curse

Chapter Eighteen

Akira was struggling against Haru's strength to get free. But she just couldn't get him off. The world seemed to grow fuzzier and lose its color. The sounds also began to fade from Akira's ears as she slowly began to tread the line of consciousness.

Kyo burst through the trees in a frantic search for Akira and Haru. He knew he had to hurry. He spun around a clump of trees and saw them. Akira pinned to a tree by her throat as Haru strangled her. Kyo saw Akira's hand slip from Haru's as her whole body went limp. Kyo charged at Haru and kicked him in the side. He went flying. Akira slid to the ground. Kyo ran over to her and shook her.

"Akira! Akira, say something!" She gave no response, but Haru did. He punched Kyo in the side of the head. Haru jumped onto the top.

"You idiot!" Kyo yelled as a tear ran down his cheek. The tear landed on Haru's face and seemed to bring him back. He looked around in wonder.

"Where are we?" Haru asked. Kyo just looked at him amazed, before jumping to his feet. He scooped Akira up into his arms and ran for Shigure's.

Kyo sighed as he slid down to the floor. Akira was okay. She had woke up for a while, but now she had fallen asleep. Kyo looked across the room at the sleeping Akira. He stood up and re-wetted the cloth and placed it on her forehead. Kyo looked down at her. He moved a piece of hair from her face as he sat down on the side of her bed. He gently placed his hand on her cheek and smiled.

'She looks beautiful in her sleep.' Kyo thought as he pulled his hand back.'Woh, Kyo. Slow down.'

A small mumble brought him back to reality. He looked down into two beautiful open eyes.

"How do you feel?"

"I'd be better if one of my best friends hadn't tried to kill me." She answered him with a slight chuckle. Kyo shook his head and smiled a little bit. At least her sense of humor was still intact.

"Kyo."

"Yeah, Akira?"

"Thanks for saving me." Akira smiled. Kyo smiled back.

"Any time."

"You know. It seems like you are always saving me." Akira chuckled. Kyo joined her.

"I guess you're right." There was a silent pause for a minute.

"Kyo, why did Haru attack me?" Kyo looked down at Akira who was looking back with curiosity in her eyes.

"From what I know, Rin went after you and passed out. He got mad and upset, so he went black and went after you."

"Oh." Akira started. "How's Rin?"

"She's fine. She's up and around. Her and Haru left this morning. Haru felt really bad about attacking you."

"Well, I wish he wouldn't beat himself up so much." Akira said with a yawn. Kyo stood up and stretched.

"I think he'll be okay." Then he turned around and saw Akira asleep. He walked over and kissed her forehead.

"Good night."
♠ ♠ ♠
I loved writing this story and love re-reading it now. Hope you all enjoy it! ^_^