Status: FINISHED!!!!!

The Good Curse

Chapter Twenty

Akira's legs were carrying her as fast as they could. The cliff to the spring was now within her sights.

'I have to do it now. I can't wait any longer.' she thought as she stepped off the edge of the cliff.

Panting filled the air as Kyo raced toward the spring. He knew that's where she would be. He could see the cliff. He ran faster. Then a bright light shone from the cliff. 'Akira.' he thought as he flashed back to before.

[Flashback]
Kyo reached a hand into the spring water and felt how majestic it really was. "Akira feel the water. It feels great." he said as he cupped some of it in his hand. Akira just stared at the spring.

"I will one day." was her reply. Kyo looked up at her confused. She noticed the look of confusion that was on his face. She said,

"If I touch the water, the ceremony will begin."

[The Present]
'I can't let that happen.' Kyo thought as he skidded to a halt at the cliff's edge. Below him, he could see Akira walking to the center of the spring.

"Akira!" Kyo yelled as he raced down the cliff path to get to her. 'Please don't.'

[Flashback]
"What ceremony?" Kyo asked her. She looked up at the sky.

"The ceremony that will free everyone. But everything happens at its right time, with its own cost."

[The Present]
Akira opened her eyes as Kyo reached the ground. He ran at her, but he was sent flying backwards. There just had to be a force field. Kyo sat up, rubbing his head.

"Akira! Stop!" Akira's eyes were filled with tears.

"I have to do this, Kyo!" she managed to choke out. Kyo knew she wasn't ready to do this. She didn't want to do it, but there was something else she didn't want to happen more.

"Akira! Stop it! I don't care what Akito said he would do! Just please stop!" Akira shook her head as the tears began to slip out of her eyes. She began to glow like the spring. It was almost done.

"I have to, Kyo. I can't let you bare that loneliness." Kyo froze. Akito had threatened to lock him away. That was why she was doing this. She began to shine brighter.

"Akira! No!" All he hear after that was a soft sob.

"Good-bye Kyo."
♠ ♠ ♠
When I originally wrote this I cried. Hope you like it! Enjoy!!! ^_^