The Beating of Our Hearts

The Beating of Our Hearts - 1

Name: Riley Dawson (aka Ri or Riles) [I imagine her to look like Alexis Bledel.]

Age: 25

Likes: Reading, walking through the park, coffee, and her job.

Dislikes: Unnecessary cruelty, slugs, and tomatoes.

Looks: Fair skinned with brown hair and bright blue eyes. 5 foot 6 inches tall and 125lbs. She’s got a slender body with an athletic figure. She does a lot of running so keeps in shape. Has only two regular lobe piercings and a nape surface piercing. Has a tattoo across the top of her back of a banner with calla lilies on either side. The banner has the names of her parents who died in a collision when she was 20.

History: Born and raised in North Carolina, Riley was a tearaway teenager until her 17th birthday when her grandfather died of lung cancer. They were very close and she took his death very hard. Afterwards, she came to her senses and got her act together. She passed high school, got through university and did a one-year postgraduate degree in Child Education. She became a fully qualified junior school (elementary school) teacher and moved from North Carolina to California where she was offered a job starting in January in a private school on the outskirts of LA. She loves her job and spending time with the kids in her class and they all adore her. She moved to LA two weeks before her job started so that she could catch up on the notes left by the previous teacher, set up some class schedules and properly move into her apartment. In the months that follow, she is so consumed by keeping up with her job and adjusting to a new city, she hasn’t really made any proper friends, unless you count the other teachers at the school; who were all lovely, but she was the youngest teacher there by about 10 years.

You’ll all know what Jared, Tomo and Shannon look like. The story starts in April; three months after Riley started her new job.