When Life Doesn't Give You Enough Cards to Play the Game, You Deal

Chapter 15

Jared’s POV

I watched Chance and the Kidnapper banter back and forth unsure of what to do. Hell, I was just hanging around Kat, taking her on dates because Melonie wanted me to! Now, here she was, tied up held hostage by some man with a guy threatening to kill her. I panicked and probably thought of a billion things I could do,

A. Convince Chance to leave and go after Melonie,

B. Be the hero and save the day, or

C. Stay put and do nothing.

So far I accomplished 2 of the 3 options. I decided on attempting option B. I snuck away just in time to avoid being shot. I saw Chance collapse and hit the ground. I paused, but kept on going. This son of a bitch needed his ass kicked. I tried to come up behind him and grab the gun, but I failed. He shot the gun and I heard Kat scream. The man and I fell to the ground and he dropped the gun. At least he dropped the gun. But I was still screwed.

“Who are you working for!” I shouted at him. He grunted and struggled, but I held him down.

“I can’t say, she would have me killed,” He spat. I groaned.

“Oh come on man! Grow up! Tell me who wants her dead!” I yelled again. His eyes were open in slits.

“You should know, Mr. Sure I’ll date her Melonie” He grinned. I was furious. Damn. I lobbed him in the face, hearing his nose crack I was satisfied. But not for long. He flung me off him scrambling for the gun. I jumped on top of him hoping to slow him down and grab it myself. Lucky me, it did. I grabbed the gun and pointed it at him.

“Sit down,” I ordered. He complied, seeing I had the gun pointed at his face. He sat down near Kat. I shook my head and pointed the gun to against the wall.

“I don’t want you near her,” I said firmly. He scooted over against the wall. I ran over to Kat making sure to watch him.

“Are you okay?” I asked frantically. She groaned with her head doubled over in pain.

“Kat?! Can you hear me? Come on Kat. Stay with me,” I said. She tried to lift her head but couldn’t. She mumbled something, but it was inaudible.

“What?” I asked.
“Go to Chance, I’m fine,” She said again. I ran over to Chance. Before I said anything to him I dialed 911.

“Hello, 911 Emergencies, How may I help you?” The operator asked.

“Yes! I’m here at these storage units and my friends are hurt, I need help fast!” I said.

“Okay, help is coming” She said and ended the call. I groaned frustrated and looked down at Chance.

“Chance!” I yelled. I saw the pool of blood building up around him.

“Shit!” I seethed. I looked over at the man who started this all. I heard sirens in the background.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be locked away for her dirty work soon enough,” I whispered. They all rushed in. They went to help Kat and Chance. I just blacked out collapsing on the floor.

The next thing I knew I was sitting in a hospital bed. I looked over to the side of me and saw my dad sitting asleep in the chair. I sighed. Ah what the fuck happened? I jerked upright and felt pain in my back and a ringing in my eyes. My head was pounding. My dad woke up and threw his arm out in front of me to stop me. I glared at him,

“What do you think you’re doing?” I seethed. He shook his head.

“Bed rest doctors orders, now lay down,” he ordered. Great now, I’m stuck here.

Kat’s POV

I opened my eyes slowly and I was blinded by the lights on the ceiling above me. I looked at my surroundings and found a curtain dividing the room in half and Jack, sitting in the chair next to me.

“Jack,” I croaked. His head shot up and I saw his pained eyes. They were moist but, sad. I tried to reach out to his but I was stopped by an IV.

“Damn,” I said under my breath. He shook his head and held my hand in his. He bowed his head and let it fall on our mess of hands. His body shook. I tried to rub his back for comfort but it ended quickly because of the nurse who walked in.

“Sweetheart, How are you feeling?” She asked cheerfully. I swallowed what I could and said,

“I’ve been better, can I have some water?” I said, my voice cracking. She nodded and got me a paper cup. I drained the cup in seconds.

“Where’s Chance?” I asked quickly. She frowned.

“He’s in surgery,” She said flatly. I felt like I had just been hit by a bus. Surgery? He had come to my rescue and was shot by Melonie’s Henchmen? He was the real hero here. I realized the nurse had been trying to get my attention.

“Hello? Honey?” She said. I shook my head.

“Yeah, sorry,” I stuttered. She smiled.

“It’s quite alright, would you like something to eat after I check your gauzes. I blinked. What? I looked at myself.

“Huh?” I said.

“Oh, wow. Those painkillers are doing a good job then,” She said. I creased my brows together.

“Sweetheart, your were hit in the side with a bullet.” She said slowly. I nodded.

“Oh...yeah sure I’ll have some food after.” I mumbled. She had me lay on my side and she checked my wound. She put new bandages on and gave me some antibiotics to wash down with some water.

“Now, lets go get you something to eat.” She announced, helping me out of my bed. Jack stayed in his seat immobile. She helped me through the line getting me food.

Chance’s POV

When I regained conscious everything was blurry and I couldn’t quite move. I was paralyzed in a white room all alone. I heard dings and mumbling around outside of the curtains. Curtains? Damn, did Melonie‘s men abduct me? Where am I? What the fuck happened? Then in a flash I remembered. Kat’s kidnapping, the man with the gun, Shit, I was shot!

“uuuggggg” I tried to speak but all that came out was a groan. My eye sight was still a bit blurry but it had returned and so did the pain of the bullet. Suddenly the curtains waved and a woman walked in with a clip board. She walked to a machine and pushed a button. She turned and looked at me.

“good, your awake” She said while she took a rectangular piece of metal out of her pocket. She pressed a button on it and I heard some rustling outside. Some men appered in white outfits and were walking towards me. I panicked and tried to get up but the thing in my arm stopped me. Because I was so precious to Melonie she probably hired some doctors to take care of me. Wait? Right before I blacked out I heard a gun fire. Shit. Did they get Kat? I fucking have to get out of this hell hole. I was stuck in this room with henchmen surrounding me. These pain killers work good don’t they. It only felt like I was stung by a bee.

“wait, sir. You cant move yet. You haven’t healed enough.” one of the men called. But I had already gotten the needle out of my arm and was making way though the building. I was a little woozy but I could still go on.

“Kat?! KAT?! KAT WHERE ARE YOU!” I shouted while I was peeking though curtains for Kat, when an announcement went off,
“To any staff worker a patient fresh out of surgery is running though the halls of level 4 and needs to be stopped and rested before his wounds reopen.”

“HEY! There he is! Get him.” someone shouted. Good thing I was super drugged and was physically fit or I wouldn’t be out running them right now. I found Kat. She was all alone and sleeping. In the trash next to her bed had some bloody bandages in it. So she was fucking shot. I ran into her room so the workers couldn’t find me. Only now did I realize all my clothes were gone and I was wearing a hospital gown and it was barely able to cover me. Not that that was a bad thing for Kat to see or anything. Ha-ha.

“Chance? Is t-that you?” I heard a drowsy voice say. I turned to see Kat laying there.

“yes I’m here” I skimmed over her to see how badly she was hurt.

“Your not suppose to b-be moving yet. With surgery and w-what not” she said worryingly. That made be feel much better.

“we have to get out of here, they could still be trying to kill you” She looked at like I was crazy.

“ this is a hospital. They’re trying to help me, and you, but your suppose to be resting now.” she sat up. I heard the foot steps of the running workers outside the curtains. Now I was feeling really drowsy.

“b-but how did we get here then?” I said trying to stay awake.

“Jared stopped the man and called 911” I felt stupid now. I was sitting crisscrossed on the floor next to Kats bed wearing a hospital gown. Her face went red and she turned to the other side,

“what” I said while sitting up.

“ N-nothing, I saw nothing” she rambled. Then I felt a pinch of pain in my side and I started to black out. Great. Now what’s going to happen. Right before I lost conscious completely I heard Kat shouting ‘nurse, Nurse!’. Then I was out like a light.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy!! ha-ha, lol

Comment plz, comment keeps him alive. but witch him? find out soon.