When Life Doesn't Give You Enough Cards to Play the Game, You Deal

Chapter 9

Chance’s POV

Jared had called me when I was in the middle of apologizing to Kat. Me being stupid I answered it.

“Hey man, what’s up” I said, and the rest of our conversation went like this,

Jared: Yo, hey what’s the deal on that girl Kat? She still staying with you?

Chance: Yeah, um I’m not sure why don’t you ask her?

Jared: Alright man!

I covered the phone with my hand and looked over to Kat who was glaring at me,

“You give me that phone. I will kill you,” She said between her teeth. I chuckled and went back to Jared.

Chance: He sorry man. She’s sleeping.

Jared: *hmphs* Fine, but I am coming over in 5

Chance: Alright, bye

I closed the phone and looked over to Kat who had her arms crossed with a smug satisfaction on her face.

“What?! I wasn;t going to risk being hit!” I explained. She laughed and shooed me out. As I was leaving Melonie was about to walk in. I nodded and let her by heading back to my room.

Kat’s POV

Melonie walked in my room with a sickening sweet smile. It was creepy. She sat on my bed next to me and said,

“Look, I’m sorry about what I did yesterday, I want to start over.” I sighed and nodded.
“Yeah me too,” I said.

:Maybe we could do something tomorrow?" She asked. I nodded. She said she planned on taking me shopping to the next town over. She left after a while of planning.

Melonie picked me up at 10:30 the next mourning. Jack was out at work so we were all good. I didn't have a ton of money, but Melonie insisted on buying me something. I brought my phone in case she tried something.
After shopping for an hour we stopped in a Pink Berry for a quick snack. I just had some chocolate frozen yogurt with some nuts. I dug in slowly with Melonie eying me up next sitting next to me. I had gotten a couple shirts.There was one and it was a Beatles shirt. Melonie had insisted on buying my this pink tube top and had cross fabric on the top half. It looked nice on but it wasn't what I normally would wear. She also bought me a short black skating dress. I let it slip that I had figure skated before when I was younger.

My mom would take me to the rink every morning and lace of my little skates, straighten my frilly skirt, and make sure my sweatshirt was nice and snug. She would kiss my forehead and send me off. Every time I would be having fun around the rink, I could see her sitting on the bench watching me with misty eyes. I never got to understand why. She must have been proud of me. Shortly after she left my dad made me quit and shouted something at me about how it reminds him of ho she used to figure skate before she was born. I still skated behind his back. I had some skates in my suitcase at the house. Melonie said she wanted to see me skate so she was going to take me sometime soon. I also got a pair a snug grey skinny jeans. I bought a cute pair of brown ankle booties and some tall tan boots. Guess who bought me Ugg Classic Cardy Boots. They were black comfortable. I probably wouldn't wear them too much but they were nice to have. The last thing I bought was a red rhinestone cracked heart on a silver-grey chain.

Melonie dropped me off back at the house an hour before Jack got back from work. I rushed up into my room with the mounds of shopping bags in my hands. I saw Chance with a bemused look on his face. I stuck my tongue out at him and closed my door behind me. I sorted out my stuff. I tore off my clothes and squeezed into some yoga pants and a sweat shirt. I brushed my hair, taking out all the tangles. I washed off the majority of makeup I had on from going out. I made my way downstairs and found Chance and Jared on the couch hanging out. When Jared noticed me swaying my hips and moving my body to the kitchen, he whistled. I sighed, He never does stop does he. I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. Seeing there wasn't anything good to eat I decided to ask Chance what we could make.

"Hey Chance, what could we make to eat?" I asked. He grunted getting up, coming over to the kitchen. Jared was following behind.

"Hmmmm...pancakes?" He suggested. I smiled and grabbed the milk and flour. Chance grabbed the rest of the ingredients. We had mixed the batter and make a couple pancakes. That's when things started going down hill. Chance was standing next to talking to Jared who was sitting at the table. I was making the pancakes at the moment. I had an idea. I dipped my two fingers into the bowl of batter and dragged them across Chance's cheek. He gasped and looked at me while touching his cheek. I giggled and took some more batter putting it on his nose. He wiped some of the batter off of his face and pinned me against the counter putting it on my nose. I stuck my hand in the batter and Chance stopped me for a moment until I looked over at Jared.

I whipped the batter at Jared's face. He screamed like a little girl and lunged for me. He picked me and hung me over his shoulder. He walked around the room hooting and hollering. Chance was laughing and leaning against the counter. When Jared put me down he looked straight into my eyes. He crushed his lips into mine and when I tried to pull away he wouldn't let me go. I was hitting him and pushing against him. Chance sat there unmoving and speechless. When Jared finally let me go I slapped him across the face and ran up the stairs. But, before I completely left, I saw Melonie in the doorway with her mouth dropping to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
sorry this took so long :(
Well enjoy and dont be a silent reader!
subscribe!
Here is what Kat bought!