Status: Active

Something To Believe In

Chapter 1

CHRISTINE'S POV

I sighed as I leaned my forehead against the cool car window, classical music playing softly through my earphones. The car hit a bump and my head banged against the window.
Ow. That hurt like a bitch.
I rubbed my forehead, scowling. The scowl on my face was soon replaced with a look of pure awe. Our neighborhood was filled with lush green trees, three-story houses that were painted a friendly cream white, and playgrounds filled with small children.
As we pulled up to a gorgeous white house surrounded by the greenest grass imaginable and a wooden rocking chair sitting on the front porch, I immediately knew I would love this place. I stepped out of the car, my mouth still hanging open. I slowly pulled out my earphones and exclaimed excitedly to my mom, “Mom! I love it!”
I heard my mother reply from a distance, “Well, it's a bit rough but we'll make it look better!” Confused, I turned around to ask her what she meant. “Wait, what- -”

OH.
MY.
GOD.


My parents were standing in front of this hideous, run-down house right next to the one I had already fallen in love with. As if it wasn't bad enough already, it was also painted the ugliest shade of olive green. In fact, it couldn't even be considered a house. It was almost like the developers got lazy when it came to constructing this house; like they stacked three floors on top of each other, threw a roof on the top, and painted it the ugliest color they could find.
“Y-You're joking, right?” I stuttered.
My dad laughed heartily. “Of course not! Now come on in, let me give you the grand tour.” As my father made his way up the porch steps, the second one he stepped on broke and his entire foot went through. “Whoops, gotta fix that step.” He said sheepishly.
I groaned. This was going to be the worst year ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
we got started on this at like.. 7am.
and i just didn't wanna leave you guys hangin' D;
it's super short but we are trying!
hopefully this makes you at least smile? :T

MODERN FAMILY REFERENCE w00t w00t!

- Lyn (LoseroftheYear. 8D)