Status: active! :)

Follow Me Home

Chapter 1

"You need to start at the beginning."

This, I'm afraid, is something I had realized a very long time ago. An hour or two, in reality, but it seemed like a much longer time from the inside of these four black walls.

"The investigation will proceed most fluidly if you cooperate, Ms. Castillo."

Ahead of me, a tall, pale man (who's black hair was so oily, it shined) sat on a metal chair behind a table. The lights above me shone a pale green color and flickered unsteadily. I wondered how much tax money was invested into the towns police station, but I quickly came to the resolution that not many people had seen the inside of the interrogation room here. I would have to cross that one off my bucket list.

"Ms. Castillo, if theres a reason you would like a lawyer, we can supply you with one, but you are clearly not a suspect in this situation. If your waiting for your parents, their most recent phone call explained that they were catching a plane and would be arriving around two in the morning. I had hoped we might have some more information about this case by then, but if you don't feel comfortable speaking without them, we might be able to-"

"No." My voice was so high pitched I sounded much younger. "I will speak before they arrive."

"Excellent." The man was wearing a plaid blue shirt and khaki pants, along with a darker blue tie that clashed. I assumed he was unmarried. "We will need a full description of what happened that night."

On the left of me, a large window was totally whited out. I could see the silhouette of another figure behind it, listening to our conversation. Writing down everything we said. In the back of the room, a video tape recorded us. I looked up at the man again.

"So." He said, eager to get this over with. "Start at the beginning."
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter is up :)

Subscribe and Comment!