One of the Boys

Introducing Captain Kill Joy

We were silent the whole time up to the room, I even took the creepy stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. I walked into our empty room, great Hayden's not back yet. Now I have to sit in here with this meany the rest of the night. "What do you think you were doing," he yelled slamming the door behind him.

I rolled my eyes and picked at the nail polish on my fingers. "It was just some harmless fun, real sorry DAD, it won't happen again," I said stressing the dad. I reached down to grab my i-pod.

"You know those aren't exactly the best people on the team to be doing that with," he said causing me to roll my eyes again.

"So there is an approved group of guys on the team I can strip in front of," I said raising my eyebrow, "can I please have that list for next time."

"Funny," he said sarcastically and then put on a serious face, "I've been looking for you for the past hour."

I made a face, "look, just because your one of the captains or because coach made you room leader doesn't mean you have to look after me. Believe it or not, I'm a lot smarter than I let on, I can handle myself." He opened his mouth to speak, but I slipped my headphones on before he got the chance and blasted my music up all the way. You know I was at De's house a few days ago and we were watching Another Cinderella Story on ABC Family. If any guy ever found my i-pod and looked at my three top songs I seriously think they'd think twice about looking for me. I'm secretly a nerd so I'm going to keep the songs confidential.

I took my seventeen magazine out of my bag and laid it in front of me. I banged my head forward twice to the song playing and then burst out "It's my life and it's now or never..." It was the glee version, not only am a nerd, but I'm a total gleek. Then I sat up, I had to readjust my stupid cord. My head phones are so ghetto. I made a face and then threw my i-pod down causing the sound to completely leave my left ear.

"What's up with your headphones," Chris said looking over.

"They're like a century old," I said taking them off and looking at them. They weren't the little ear bud ones they were the go around your head one. The ear bud things always fell out of my ears which I attributed to weirdly shaped ears.

"Yeah," he laughed, "they look like crap."

"They came with a cheap CD player my mom bought me when I was seven," I said, "nine years and they're dying on me."

"Didn't your i-pod come with some," he rose his eyebrow.

I looked at my i-pod and thought about it. I nodded my head, "my ears are defected, these are the only type that stay on my head, and the good ones are so expensive." Mom bought me a car and countless piles of clothes that I didn't need, but good headphones. That wasn't a necessity. But it's all I wanted. "Had my eye on these cool yellow ones for a while," I took my phone from the bedside table, "see."

I opened up the picture and tossed the phone to him. He looked at it, "why yellow?"

"Favorite color, duh," I said shaking my head and sticking out my tongue a bit.

"What's this," he said raising an eyebrow. I gave a confused look and he turned the phone around revealing a picture of my future pillow pet. It was a hippo and it had huge red sunglasses on. That's what happens when I get bored at Ralph's.

I took my phone away and tossed it back on my bed, "that was hipster the hippo."

"You are so weird," he said laying back in his bed.

"And you sir are a kill joy," I said leaning back on my bed mocking his movements. He turned and gave me a shocked look, "yup you heard me, you are no fun."

"I am plenty fun," he said.

"If you were fun you would have sat down and joined our game," I said crossing my arms, "but you had to drag me away. I am a little thankful though. I saw way more of Alex than I ever want to see." I blushed at the thought and then literally shook it out of my head.

"That game wasn't going to end well," he said looking over with a seemingly charming smile.

"I was winning," I said, "I would have had all their cloths before they had gotten anything else off me. It's the same as being in a bathing suit, I don't see the big deal." He just shook his head and looked at the TV. he can be so annoying sometimes and then other times he can be really sweet. I just watched TV the rest of the night sneaking a glance at him every once in a while. He was attractive there was no way to really deny that.

"Wake up," someone said shaking me.

"Would you guys please just leave me alone," I said putting a pillow over my face. I felt Hayden jump on top of me, or at least I'm pretty sure it was Hayden and then I felt the weight increasing one room mate at a time. "What are you guys trying to do kill me," I yelled from the bottom of this dog pile.

"Why do I have this feeling that you would sleep all day if we let you," Chris stood there crossing his arms. I rolled my eyes and got up, our game isn't even until the afternoon why are they waking me up at ten.

"Why so early," I whined.

"We figured you might want breakfast," Hayden said. I darted up, nothing, not even sleep could keep me away from breakfast.

I was the first one down and decided to eat double since I only got a piece of toast yesterday. I piled my plate up real high and as soon as I sat down I started scarfing it down. All the guys at my table just kind of stared at me. "God, you are such a pig," Chris said looking at my half empty plate.

"I prefer the term omnivore," I said with my mouth still full.

"How are you not the size of a blimp," Hayden said grabbing my side.

"Don't touch me there or I'll eat you," I said biting at his finger and he jumped back. Yes I feel the power. That day we fell into the losers brack and well at least we're still in it right. We got back at 10:30 and we had Chipotle with us. Considering I hadn't eaten since breakfast I was still pretty hungry.

I was sitting at the end table and then jumped when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around with my hands up ninja style and then smiled when I saw who it was. "Oh hey Cory," I said moving my hands slowly into a different position.

"Hey Reagan," he said smiling. I liked his accent, usually I think southern accents sound dumb and uneducated, but his isn't too thick. "Now I just have a question," I looked at him expecting it, "my friends over there said that last night there was this really gorgeous girl running around the halls in just a shirt. Any truth to that?"

I blushed a bit and then opened my mouth shocked,"I had spandex on, the shirt just covered them."

"I knew it was you," he said and I blushed more.

"So I guess you enjoyed the show," I rose my eyebrow.

"I am not that kind of guy miss," he said, "I give you my word as a Southern gentleman." They say there is nothing quite like southern hospitality.

I crossed my arms, leaned back and said, "why don't I believe that."

"Your not the only one," he said leaning in closer, "I think your body guard down there suspects I'm lying." His breath was on my neck and I swear this guy was hot. But I looked down and I wasn't really sure which one of my teammates he was talking about. Hayden and Tyler crossing their arms and glaring or Chris clenching his fists.

"It's like my own personal group of older brothers," I said, "let this be a warning, if you ever go against your gentlemanly values they will be on your case." I leaned in as close as he had gotten before, there's nothing wrong with a little close talking.

"I think it's a risk I might have to take," he said and then leaned in further connecting our lips. There was this whole divider connecting where he was standing and where I was sitting, but it was still nice. God I'm such a whore texting one guy and kissing another. Oh well.

"Let's finish this upstairs," Hayden said and grabbed his food and mine and then Chris grabbed me and carried me over his shoulder to the elevator.

"You know this is why I'm always going to think of you as Captain kill joy," I said angrily, "and you can be his sidekick the kiss killing kid." I glared at Hayden. "You two are terrible," I was whining, "and can't you put me down, we're already in the elevator." That was a no they just let me rant on until we got to the room and they tossed me onto the bed where I just sat there crossing my arms.

"We are not here for you to make new friends," Chris said, "we are here to win a tournament and that means you need to focus."

I sighed and let my head drop, "you really think that I'm in the friend zone, I totally thought that that was an out of the friend zone move." They both looked at me and rolled there eyes and I shrugged, "What?"