One of the Boys

W...T...***

Of course we've all learned that I can have absolutely no fun on this trip, right? Which is true, but that didn't mean the team couldn't have any fun. After we lost again and were officially out of the race our coach wanted us to do something fun. And what is more fun to a bunch of guys than a baseball game, besides a football game, so anyone interested got to go and those who weren't got to stay at the hotel. Lucky I'm the type of girl who likes baseball, in fact i'd go more often, but in NY all my friends hated it. The whole environment just felt so pure american from the obnoxious fans, the fresh cut grass, the faint smell of hot dogs all the way to the seventh inning stretch. America's pastime, it would be a crime not to love baseball. Spending the last like five years in New York I had become somewhat of a Mets fan, though my heart will always belong to the Red Sox. Just my luck that they were actually playing.

I walked into the stadium already getting dirty looks from half the people there. I brought a baseball cap everywhere, it's the one type of hat I always thought I pulled off. Of course the rest of my team was sporting the Arizona Diamond Back hat that were being handed out for free to everyone who entered the park. "You are so going to get beat up," Hayden said laughing at the last group who scowled.

"I'm from New York," I said, "i gotta support the only good team that we have." I put my hand to my heart as if this were a pressing issue for me.

"Not a Yankee's fan," Chris asked.

I stuck my tongue out and made a fake gag, "Yankee fans are the worst, I strongly believe they should all go to hell."

"Harsh," Hayden said.

"I says it like it is," I said putting on my New York accent just for the moment, "but seriously it's a hit or miss thing, my Dad always used to say either you love the Yankee's or you hate them and all those Yankee fans outside New York have no excuse to love them." I don't speak of my dad much, and it'll probably stay that way.

"So you're a die hard Mets fan," Hayden said putting his fist up.

I laughed, "I'd love to say born and bread, but I'm not. They're my favorite National League team, but my heart will always belong to the Red Sox. I love the West Coast, but all the real teams are from the east as far as any sport goes." I shrugged my shoulders because I know a whole bunch of boys from LA would love to disagree.

"You gotta give Kobe and the Lakers their props though," Chris said.

I rose my eyebrow, "I don't have to do anything, I hate Kobe. I don't care if the Lakers beat them in 2010, I'm a Celtics fan. One of the few who's now living in LA."

"There is nothing hotter than a girl talking about sports," Hayden said and I rolled my eyes.

"That's why we make such a fantastic couple baby," I said hugging Hayden, "because you think my so called butch behavior is cute and I think your somewhat gay demeanor is adorable." He scowled while everyone who heard including myself began laughing. "Just kidding Hay, you know I love you." He shrugged and our team went to sit in our seats, which of course weren't very close at all. Any chance of catching a foul ball was dead. That didn't matter though, I was here to have fun and splurge on peanuts and hot dogs. After the first inning when the camera started going around and putting people up on the big screen I looked around us, "alright one of you guys has to do something crazy to get us on that screen."

"Why," Hayden looked at me.

"Because I've never been," I looked at him with my puppy dog eyes, "and ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be on one." He laughed at me and I started to glare and then hit his shoulder, "that's not funny, now do something to get me on that camera."

"No," he said, "I'm not doing something stupid for you."

"Chris," I put the pouty face on and turned the other way.

"Don't look at me," he put his hands up.

I started turning around towards Tyler, but before I even got a word in, "there is no way Rea, do it yourself."

"You guys are no fun," I said crossing my arms sitting back in my seat as if I were angry. Not like I expected any of them to, they've been ruining my fun all week. The game was scoreless for a while, that is until the fourth inning when the best of the Mets' line up was coming up. I had a feeling this was our inning and it was, they hit two runs in and when the second scored I stood up, "Yeah." I turned to the Arizona fans near us and said, "that's right, suck on that," and stuck out my tongue.

"I'm sorry," Chris stood up and looked at the two fat biker looking fans. He grabbed me and started pushing me down, "she's a little crazy, please excuse her behavior." I laughed as I faced back forward in my seat. "Could you try to make less of a spectacle of yourself?"

"Sorry," I shrugged, but couldn't stop myself from smiling, "I get into it."

"We can see that," Tyler leaned forward and I just hit him lightly.

I went back to watching the game and sadly not being put on camera, not even in the fifth when Hayden and I got up and started dancing and singing to Don't Stop Believing. What is it about that song that just makes you want to sing along, and I never ever get tired of it. Sadly though I was over shadowed by some guy doing an air guitar solo across the stadium. I missed my chance, I used to be the cute kid, I'm not that anymore.

The next inning, the kiss cam, it's cut, but I couldn't help but yell, "there are children here," when one couple was totally slobbering on each other. Kiss cam is for like a peck, not a make out session. But it was no shock that the one time I actually didn't want to be on the screen I would be.

"Hey look your on the screen," Tyler pointed and I scowled at him. It's a pressure situation and everyone around is yelling kiss. I shrugged and turned to Hayden and pecked him quickly on the lips and then made sure I was still up and help my finger to hold on a second and I turned to the other side and went to do the same with Chris. I was fine with giving out friendly pecks, they meant nothing. Obviously I was a free spirit, I played strip poker a few nights ago. Just a friendly peck, but I never expected him to deepen it. Great now I looked like the people I just yelled at. Thank god Hayden, aka kiss killing kid, was there to pull me away.

I was frozen in shock face towards Chris, you know mouth open and wide eyes. I was stuck there for a while, nothing came out of my mouth, but I couldn't move. I was completely comatose and the person I was looking at turned forward as if nothing had even happened. "Rea," Hayden said poking me obnoxiously in the side of the head, "are you there, are you okay, Rea would you please say something."

"I...uh...eh..." I tried to get something out but I was still frozen. Shake it off Reagan, shake it off. I shook it off, literally and then continued, "excuse me for a moment." Then I did what any normal person would do, retreated to the nearest outlet and called my best friend.