One of the Boys

It's Friday

"Any ideas," I looked at Tyler as I bit off a piece of my fish stick, what is is about fish sticks that are just so yummy.

He turned his head from the current zone out he was in, "ideas about what."

"Pay attention space cadet," Deana hit him playfully, "Rea's nervous about initiation and you happen to be the only one at this table who's gone through it."

"It's up to the seniors," he leaned back," I mean my freshman year the newbies on varsity had to streak at a volleyball game." I made a face and then took a sip of my capri sun. "Don't worry though," he shrugged, "they got in trouble for doing that, my year they just kidnapped us."

"Well," I thought about it, "it can't be kidnapping, I already know the when and wear."

"You being a girl opens initiation to a whole new field of possibilities," he said with a slight smirk that I merely rolled my eyes to.

I just went back to eating, it's no big deal. There are a lot of things that I can surprisingly handle as far as hazing traditions go. "Alright now," De put her hands on the table, "onto the more pressing issue." I took another bite as I just gave De a questioning look. She gave me the 'are you serious' face and shook her head saying, "homecoming, duh." I rolled my eyes and laughed when I saw Tyler do the same. "It is the most important event of this semester," she said in all seriousness, "next semester is prom and then formal."

"What is it with girls and dancing," Tyler asked looking at me.

I shrugged, "don't ask me, girls are stupid."

"May I remind you that despite your flawed logic," De gestured to my mind, "you still happen to be a girl." I stuck my tongue out in disgust. "And," she turned to Tyler, "these dances are like our football, our chances to dress up and have a romantic evening."

"Romantic evening," I laughed, "all those dances are followed up by huge parties."

"Those are for the guys," De shook her head.

Tyler shrugged, "I don't know the girls seem to like them just as much." I nodded my head agreeing with Tyler and De shook her head and threw a carrot at me. I opened my mouth in fake shock and then started a mini food fight between her and I.

I kind of wished that everyone had forgotten about the whole initiation thing, but I had a feeling they weren't going to forget. I tired to walk fast to get to my car before the guys came out. "Nice try princess," Mike said throwing me over his shoulder and yelling, "look who was trying to run away."

"Let me go," I started kicking and screaming, "I don't want to go, I'm going to die."

"Relax," he put me down in front of a van.

I looked at it unsure and then turned back to him, "you really know how to freak a girl out." He nodded and then I was pulled into the van. "This is like a girl's worst nightmare," I said looking at the new group of guys, "and I'm seriously convinced you guys rented this rape van just to scare me."

"Who told you," Carter said giving me a serious face.

"Seriously though," Sam said turning from the drivers seat, "it's my dad's the business logo is on the other side."

"But you guys admit it is creepy," I said.

"It was my idea," Hayden said raising his hand.

I laughed, "once again creepy." It seriously was my worst nightmare. I was trapped on a random sidewalk surrounded by rapist vans, for the first time ever I was relieved to wake up. But that's beside the point. When we actually got to Carter's house the whole team was gathered in the living room. I walked in cocky and confident, "so what you guys got for me, bring it on."

"You know our rivals at Madison high," I nodded my head as Mike continued to explain, "well they are having a party tonight and your mission if you choose to accept it." He stopped and pointed at me, "and you do." Then he went back to pacing and talking, "is to shave the head of one of their team members."

"Done," I said.

"Wait," he said holding up his finger, "not just any member, it has to be mr. Kendall Knight."

My facial expression immediately dropped. "That guy scares me," I said shying down from the challenge, "and you guys heard what he said to me."

"Don't worry," Chris said, "I'll be there." I gave an even less satisfied look before he continued, "and everyone else will be outside, on call, if needed."

I really didn't want to do this, it was just harsh. I thought about it for a second and then it came into my head, "guys, I don't mean to point out the major flaws in your plan, but I feel you have failed to see them." They all looked at me. "Alright," I started, "first, he'll recognize me." I pointed to myself, "you don't just forget this face, and he wouldn't let his guard down around me. And two, I can't go to a party like this." I gestured down at my baggy jeans, "it's not exactly a party dress."

"We already have that covered," Carter said as they all parted revealing a random girl behind them.

"Awesome," I nodded in confusion, "I don't get it."

Carter stepped forward, "this is my sister Robbin and she is going to get you ready, a little makeup and in his daze he won't be able to recognize you."

"Great," I said in a monotone way. I followed this girl up stairs and she got me all dolled up. She didn't talk much, but I've been told she's going to school to be a beautician so it should be good. The dress wasn't my style, I'm more fun and less tight, but I had to make due with what I had. I walked downstairs and the guys whistled and I stuck my tongue out at them.

"Ready to go Tanner," Chris said with a smirk on his face. I crossed my arms, nodded and reluctantly followed him. It was a very silent ride over to the house where the party music was blasting and teens were falling all over each other on the lawn. "Here you go," he said handing me the razor which I slipped into my purse.

I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes, "why do I have this feeling that this was all your evil plan." He smirked as a confirmation and I got closer to him and pouted, "I really don't want to do this, please don't make me." I brought my face close to his, almost as if to kiss again.

He smirked, "nice try Tanner." He pushed me forward, "you are not going to get out of this one."

"Fine," I said walking toward my death. So basically I'm not going to describe the low, low way at which I was able to get this semi drunk guy to go upstairs with me. I found it surprisingly easy, but I had to be surprisingly slutty. That is so not me. Anyway I went to 'freshen up', to mentally prepare myself, and it didn't take him long to dress down to his boxers. Nice body, but he still scares me. We basically started making out, I shaved his head and then panced him to make my great escape.

I ran down the stairs smiling and Chris was waiting at the bottom. "Okay," I grabbed his arm, "I think we should go." I tried to pull him out the door, but he basically just pulled me back. "He scares me," I whined, "let's go."

"Hold your horses," he said, "I wanna see it." He took a camera out of his pocket. I rolled my eyes and he said, "besides I can't just take your word that you did it."

I just crossed my arms and waited for the whole 2.5 seconds it took before Knight's cursing was heard. It was all similar to the phrase, "that bitch is going to pay," but more slurred. He came into full view and he was having a hard time picking up the boxers, they still weren't up. He pointed at me and yelled again as everyone else laughed and Chris took a picture. I crossed my arms and nodded,"I'd do that."

He stopped laughing and gave me a serious look, "alright time to go Tanner."

"Just let me take it in," I said trying not to laugh. He grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door and to the car. "You gotta admit thought," I said as we pulled away, "he may be the devil, but he's got a nice body." He shook his head and rolled his eyes and I continued, "and did you see his pac..."

"Tanner," he stopped me, "with all due respect shut up."

"I listen to all you guys talk about girls and their features all the time," I said, "now it's my turn."

"That's different," he said.

"How so," I gave him a sincerely confused look.

He tensed up, gripped the wheel tighter and just said, "nothing." I was going to say something, but I decided to leave it at that.