One of the Boys

Dress shop

"I hate dresses, I hate dresses," I sang as I rummaged through the sales rack at some dress store. Then I got irritated because I hated all of them, "why am I even here."

"Here," Deana gestured around her, "because homecoming is mandatory for you and I need someone to tell me how good I look. Over there," she pointed to where I was standing, "I have no freakin' clue, you have enough money to browse everything else."

"Everything here is lame," I wined, "I need something unique so I can stand out."

"You always need to stand out," she said, "for one night can't you just stand in and wear something normal." She looked around and grabbed and random dress, "like this." She held it up and it was a purple dress that was a little frooffy on the bottom. I stuck my tongue out and made a face of disgust. "Why," she said irritated, "you hate everything."

I shrugged, "not into purple."

"Fine," she said walking into the dressing room, "I'll try it on." She went in and a minute or so later she walked out spinning in the dress. "So what do you think, I really like it," I had to wipe off the unsure look, because I could tell she felt good in it. I put up a thumbs up and smiled and she did a little jump and clapped, "yay, that's what I thought."

It took all of two seconds for her to take it off and run over to the register. "Whoa,"I stopped her, "we still have a few stores, you sure you don't want to just put it on hold."

"But," she pouted looking at me, "it's perfect."

I nodded as if I believed that, "but we can come back, there might be a dress even more perfect. Trust me." I gave her my winning smile and she rolled her eyes and handed it to the woman and asked her to hold it. the problem with dress stores is they only hold till closing, other stores hold till the next day.

"Okay where to next," she said a little disappointed as we exited the store.

"I have an idea," I dragged her away and towards my favorite store. I stood in front of the vintage store with gleaming eyes and looked over at Deana who didn't seem as ecstatic.

I started walking in and she pulled me back, "no." I looked back disappointed and then she said, "I'm not letting you shop vintage again. Remember you went crazy last time and besides what would you even get?"

So I had a bit of a vintage problem. I gave an innocent look, "I was thinking either 50's pinup or 20's flapper dress." I put my arms out like what do you think and she just shook her head.

"Yeah, no," she said dragging me to the next store on her list. Luckily New York Dress had lots of awesome choices. I took out a funky feather dress and tried it on and though I think it looked awesome, De thinks it's far too high fashion for homecoming. So I ended up going for a blue ruffled short dress with a strapless woven bodice. It was a little plain for my taste, but in reality I don't think I really wanted to stand out. "See it's perfect and not to funky," Deana said.

"Fine De," I said, "but I'll only get this if you try this on." I held out a pink dress with a flowing train skirt that matched her skin perfectly. She gave me an unsure look and I just said, "try it on." I pushed it at her and she knew I was right as soon as she put it on.

"Alright," She turned around, "to celebrate perfect dresses I say we go out and eat."

"What?"

"Subway," she said and I nodded my head because that was the best idea. Of course we walked in and both ordered our sandwiches. I love the whole five dollar footlong thing they have, it makes me feel like it's worth it. Besides the 6' subs never fill me up, I do like eating. We sat down and Deana looked at me eating my first bite and laughed, "I love how you scrunch your nose when you take a bite."

"I hate how you watch me eat," I laughed.

I then tried to take a bite without scrunching my nose and of course De laughed again, "your eyes get really big when you try not to scrunch."

"You're horrible," I threw a pickle at her, "stop watching me eat."

"Fine," she said, "but lets get onto the real questions." She gave me a devious look, "who are you going with, I've been dying to know."

I sighed, "I have a few guys I on hold."

"Oh delaying on the decision," she raised her eyebrow and wiggled it a bit. I gave her an unsure look in response and she smiled, "possibly because you really want to go with someone else."

"No," I said right away, "I just can't pick who's hotter Brayden or Jack."

"I don't think I know Jack," she looked to the side trying to think about it.

"He's new," I shrugged.

"I honestly don't know who's a bigger slut," De said mocking me, "you or the cheerleaders." I stuck my tongue out disapprovingly, "come on Rae, you have how many guys that you drag along with no intention of being with any of them."

"That's not fair," I said, "I have the intention of maybe being with one of them."

"No you don't," she said, "you keep texting that guy from Nebraska." I gave a guilty laugh and nodded my head, "see, where's that going?"

"Fine nowhere, but that doesn't make me a slut," I said and then leaned back and crossed my arms, "I'm more like a tease."

"And that is so much better," she said. I nodded my head. We sat there silently eating for another few minutes until De was done with her mini sandwich. Then she kinda just stared at me and I gave in and put down what was left of my sandwich and gave her the what expression. "So you don't like you know who at all," she said. I gave her an unsure look even though I knew exactly who she was talking about. She sat back and gave me a stern look, "don't pretend you don't know who I'm talking about."

"I feel nothing for him," I said, "remember," I pointed to myself, "I'm cold and heartless so feelings don't really get in the way."

"I know you hate being called both those words," she said.

"Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact that I feel nothing," I said shrugging.

She smirked, "so if he were here."

"I wouldn't care one bit," I said crossing my arms. She nodded over to the line and I think you can guess who was in it. I looked back at De and said, "I don't care." She just rose her eyebrow. "I don't care," I said, "but he is irritating so let's leave please." She smiled and I hit her playfully as we got up and got out of there. We walked out and all I could say was, "why does he always have to show up places, it's like he knows where I am all the time."

"Does that bother you," De smiled as we got into my car.

I shook my head at her and narrowed my eyes, "stop enjoying this so much."

"I can't," she said, "it's nice to see you sprout human qualities for once bitch." She stuck her tongue out and I just rolled my eyes.