One of the Boys

The Night of Nights

Of course like any normal girl I went to Deana's house to get ready, and she was a lot more excited than I was. Something about dances always brought my vibe down. We were just about done, slipping on our dresses when De decided to ask the question that had probably been on her mind the entire time. "Rea," she turned to me, "who are you taking?"

"You know that guy," I said and she shook her head and I tried to search for the words, "the one who has a twin, you know the cuter twin."

"You're going with Aaron Matthews," she said and I just shrugged, "what happened to all the guys you were texting."

"Please De," I said almost laughing, "bringing those guys to a dance would totally be leading them on. Besides Aaron asked and he's cute, you know I'm honestly surprised it took that long for a cute guy to ask me to the dance." I slipped my feet into my heels and then flopped down on her bed because I was completely ready.

"You're so conceited," she smiled and I just shrugged. Then she gave me a weird look, "you do know he's on the baseball team."

"I thought baseball players were hot," I said slightly confused and she just shook her head returning her attention to her shoes. "If there is something wrong could you please educate me."

She sighed, "you are so absolutely clueless." I just looked at her still not knowing what she was talking about. She shook her head, "well first off the football team and baseball team don't get along, never have. And second you're crazy about someone else." I was about to respond to that completely false accusation, but she beat me to it. "Though I guess you will get a rise out of him." She looked at me suggestively.

"Alright," I said, "I have no freaking clue what you're talking about." She looked at me with her eyebrows raised and I continued with a fake shocked expression, "De, you must have forgotten that I am a cold heartless robot who doesn't have emotions, so therefore your prior thoughts are simply not logical."

"You can pretend things don't get to you as long as you want," she said, "but I know they do." I just stuck my tongue out and then shook my head. Soon enough the doorbell rang and e were running downstairs.

Before we opened the door I looked at De, "is it going to be awkward for Tyler and Aaron." She just laughed and we opened the door and kind of left. To say the car ride was only a little awkward would be a complete lie, it was extremely awkward. Tyler wasn't happy, and if he wasn't happy no one on the team would be happy. Sometimes I hate being the only girl on the team.

We walked into the place and it amazes me what they can turn a gym into for these things. No it doesn't really, I can still see the basketball hoops and all the other stuff. I'm just not the girl who's into dances. I'd rather sit at home in sweats and a comfy shirt, but I wouldn't mind a guy in nice clothes with me. It didn't take long for the guys to notice who I was with. You can pretty much say my own personal lynch mob was coming after me.

"You might want to go get some punch," I nodded my head in the direction of the select group of guys coming over. Aaron took a look and nodded and made his quick retreat. I crossed my arms and waited for them to get to me. It was led by Mike and Hayden with Carter, Tyler the taddle tail, and Chris. "Before you say anything," I put my arms up defensively, "you are the ones who forced me to come to this thing and with a date."

"You can't date a guy from the baseball team," Mike said.

I laughed, "Mike I'm not dating him, he's my date, he was the first to ask me and I have no intentions of taking the relationship beyond tonight."

"Not true," Hayden stepped forward, "I know for a fact you were asked by a few other guys first."

I crossed my arms, "he was the first attractive guy to ask me, how's that." He rolled his eyes and nodded. "Not to worry guys," I said patting Mike on the shoulder because he seemed to be the leader, "I'll be fine." They nodded and turned around and I let out a sigh of relief. Chris turned around and I rolled my eyes before shoeing him away. I walked over to Aaron and said, "coast is clear." He smiled a really nice smile and I led him out to the dance floor. I think you've all realized I'm sort of a whore, so when it comes to dancing I think we all know how I do.

"Slut," De said as she hopped over to where I was.

I smiled, and just started dancing with her, "Sorry it's the only way I know how to dance."

She laughed, "I know." She gestured to how I was dancing right now, "I'd say at this moment you are the least sexy person in this room."

"I am adorable," I said defensively.

"So you think," she laughed even harder. I just shook my head because chances are she was right.

I'm actually going to say the dance was pretty lack luster, nothing else really happened until the after party. Which was basically the same thing, but no heels and a lot more alcohol. Which just makes it more fun.

I was sitting on the coach kind of just laying down. "Tanner up," someone walked by me and I did as I was told, "let's play some beer pong."

"Noooo," I said as I followed Chris over to the table, "I don't like beer."

"What do you like," De mocked from the other side of the table, "because you'll be drinking a lot of it."

I ran over and grabbed some vodka and poured the shots and looked up at De, "you are on and just know I am bomb at this game."

"Better be," Tyler said, "we've won seven in a row."

We were losing and I was upset because I'm really competitive. "Mills," I yelled as he missed again, "you're totally bringing me down, pick it up."

"I don't think you guys have a chance," De said.

"Get ready to eat your words," Chris said, "because we're about to bring the greatest comeback of all times." I nodded and pointed as i made my next shot.

"Come on mr. quarterback," I said, "prove that you're worth the title." He looked at me and then shot it and made it. "Yes," I jumped up and pointed at De, "take that sucker, we just beat your asses." I turned and gave Chris a hug and as we pulled apart we kind of did that thing where you just look at each other and the sexual tension is just too overwhelming so you kiss. I was a little drunk and he's a good kisser so I kind of just let it happen and if anyone were ever to ask who initiated the kiss. I have no idea.

Finally De pulled me off, "do you know what you're doing."

"No," I shook my head. I looked back and then at her and said, "oh shit."