One of the Boys

No longer tied down

"What happened in there," De beckoned for answers as the door shut behind us.

I shrugged and hopped forward leading the way, "I think I just ended my relationship of three weeks." I turned around and smiled, "and I couldn't be happier."

"Are you high," she looked at me skeptically.

I nodded, "higher than a kite." She looked at me worried and tried to stop me from dancing down the sidewalk as we walked to her house.

She tugged my arm, "oh my god, Rae." It definitely caused me to stop. "What did you take," she pulled me close to her as a sort of intervention, "and how much of it did you take?"

"Relax," I pulled away, "I'm high on fucking life." I skipped ahead and then turned back, "the only thing that could make this better is..." There was thunder and then I felt the first rain drop. "Exactly," I smiled and put my arms out. "Kiss me," I puckered up, "it's raining, it's like law."

De pushed me away, "great I'm going to get pneumonia and my outfit is going to be ruined."

I rolled my eyes, "lighten up."

"It's raining and I'm in shorts, you just dragged me away from a party," she raised her voice as she pointed around. Settling down she shrugged, "I'm acting perfectly rational, where as you are prancing around in the rain like nothing just happened." She crossed her arms, "I'm not moving until you tell me what the hell is going on."

She held her ground and I watched her for maybe two minutes. "It's raining," I smiled, "you'll get wet."

"I don't care," she shook her head.

I shrugged, "alright, see you later."

I turned to walk away and she yelled, "you wouldn't leave me here." I turned once more and smiled and then ran full on sprint to her house. I wasn't lounging on her couch long before she came in through the door. "I can't believe you left me," she said sort of angry.

"I had to," I shrugged, "you dared me."

"No I didn't," she shook her head.

I shrugged, "too long ago to remember, I guess we'll never know." I took a bite of the pizza bagels I had made myself. She took the plate out of my hands and beckoned once more for answers. "I don't know what you want me to say," I turned on the tv, "you were there."

"Why did you even go out with Brayden," she sat down next to me and held out the plate of pizza bagels as a peace offering.

I shrugged and took one keeping my eyes on the television, "to prove a point, duh."

"To who?"

I crossed my arms and gave her an angry look, "Mills."

"And why did you end the relationship," she smiled.

I raised my eyebrow, "because of the overwhelming double helping of "I love you" I got this evening." I turned back to the tv and shook it off as if it were a fucking spider.

"Aw," she looked at me.

"Not aw," I turned to her, "it has been three weeks, I'm new to this shit and he really knows how to scare a girl out of a relationship."

"So it had nothing at all to do with Chris pronouncing his love for you," she tried to plant the thought into my mind.

I laughed, "he did not pronounce his love for me, if anything its a strong infatuation." She gave me that 'come on' look and I shrugged, "I'm serious how could he even like me, I'm not positive he knows my first name." She opened her mouth to talk and i continued, "I think he's just attempting to rob me of my sanity."

"You're insane," she shook her head.

"Yahtzee," I pointed at her, "its because he is succeeding."

"Let me rephrase," she smiled, "you're an idiot." I let my expression drop and she smiled, "two guys fawning over you, one you happen to like," she pointed at me before continuing, "and you leave quoting Ryan Seacrest."

I shrugged, "so I need some new material, that's hardly a crime."

She sat back, "you are hopeless." I was hopeless, hopelessly devoted to my one and only, me. Was there any problem with loving myself, there was no room for guys. She studied my state of content, "and yes there is something wrong with loving yourself."

I took a carrot stick from the table and took a bite, "what do you want me to see, I deserve the best, and who's better than myself."

"Please don't be like Sue Sylvester and marry yourself," she shook her head and I looked at her shocked as I froze in mid bite. "It's pathetic," she nodded.

I took in what she said and responded, "have you ever noticed we use a shit load of TV references on a day to day basis." I took another bite, "talk about wasted time."

"Don't try to change the topic," she pointed at me, "now stop being like Beckett and admit you're in love with Castle."

I shrugged, "he's a good looking man, but I prefer a one Shawn Spencer as my consultant of choice." She rolled her eyes and shook her head and I bit down into another carrot knowing that I had successfully won the conversation.