One of the Boys

Admit it

"For the last time no," I said to De for the millionth time, "if kissing meant a relationship, I would have more on my plate than I could handle."

"But it wasn't your first kiss together and what about everything that he said," she looked at me with googoo eyes.

I sighed, "please, all the attention has finally died down." The look was still implanted on her face and I shook my head, "I don't appreciate anything he said, one he recapped basically everything I've done since I've got here you know break rules and whore around, and then he told me I drive him crazy."

"You make that sound bad," she smiled innocently.

"Well," I threw my arm out to explain, "that is what my mother told me before she banished me to another state."

"I'm pretty sure he meant it like the song," she said and I opened my mouth to protest that Britney Spears was indeed crazy. But she beat me too it, "or the movie with Melissa Joan Hart."

I raised my eyebrow, "which character am I?"

"Does it matter," she shook her head as we sat down at the lunch table.

"No," I shook my head, "because worst of all he had the audacity to call me scared, I'm like fucking fearless."

"Alright fearless," Tyler said making his presence at the table known, "how come you haven't talked to Mills since the lunchroom debacle on Monday."

I pointed at the smart-ass, "because I obviously cause him mental distress and as a concerned citizen I do not wish to unleash an insane person on the student body."

"I think you're the crazy one," Haley sat back.

I looked at her, "why do I feel like you haven't been here since the first day?" She sat back and left the conversation.

"I think," I turned to Tyler with a face that said enlighten me and he continued, "you and Mills need to settle whatever before six o'clock tonight."

"I don't think it'll be that easy," De said, "I mean the guy bore his soul to my soul-sucking friend and she just said no."

"Thank you for sparing my feelings," I smiled.

"I wasn't aware you had those," Haley decided to speak up again.

I looked at her and shook my head, "who are you and where have you been for the last 3 months and what gives you the right to weigh in on my life."

"I've been here this whole time," she said, "taking a spectators seat in the exciting life of Miss Tanner, just like the rest of the group." She displayed the rest of the group whom I had hardly noticed since the first day, and sadly I barley know their names.

I looked at the, "I am a horrible person."

"Damn straight," Tyler smiled as he sat back, "but if you were a saint, you'd be boring." I threw my foot out under the table and he cringed, "dammit Rae."

"That's what you get," I grinned.

"You have problems," De flicked my right ear.

I put my hand to my ear, "did you just flick me?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "how's it feel." She flicked my ear again, "I'm going to keep doing it until you start being nice and admit you like Christopher Mills."

I hit her on the shoulder, "that's right," I hit her again causing her out of the shocked expression the first hit implanted. "I'm going to keep hitting you till you stop flicking and stop sounding like a broken record."

"Broken record," she looked at me.

"Yeah," I said, "since that stupid tournament all I've heard from you is admit you like them, admit your hurt, admit you have feelings."

"It's because you won't admit it," she shook her head.

"There's a reason for that," I said.

"Please explain," she crossed her arms and sat back, "and spare me the bs about not having any."

I bit my lip and glared before sighing, "because admitting it makes it real, I like fun and dealing with reality is not fun."

"So you're scared," Tyler reiterated.

"Horrified!"