Status: Comments=updates :D

My Oh So Ordinary Life

We Got The Box

A sense of relief came over me as the airplane touched the runway of the Cairo airport. We were one step closer to the box. I hadn't been this close since the Great Depression. I briefly wondered if Paul would ever go to Egypt with me one day.

"Hey," Milo's voice broke me out of my reverie," let's get going, yeah?" I nodded and we walked off the plane and set off to our hotel.

"We'll go to the Valley first thing tomorrow." I said, setting my duffle bag on one of the hotel beds. Milo nodded and sat on the bed.

"Do you think any archeologists ever found the box?"

"I doubt it only so much has been discovered, I don't think they've even been through Tut’s entire tomb.” I said taking off my combat boots. Milo and I quickly got ready for bed and turned out the lights.

“It feels so weird.” Milo said through the darkness.

“I know, to think that we’re so close… gives me goose bumps.” I whispered.

“We’re almost there. We can almost go home.”

“Do you think we’re really gonna go home though? I mean, what about Paul? What about Leah? I don’t think we can really leave either of them.” Milo was silent for a moment.

“No, we could never leave them.” And with that we fell into a tense silence.

I was awoken by first day light; I turned to see Milo was also awake. He nodded and got up to get ready for the events of the day. I got up to get ready for the events of the day. I got up to put on my archeology clothing and my combat boots; I brushed my hair and teeth, and finally put my long hair back into a French braid. I nodded to Milo and we set off for The Valley of the Kings.

Standing outside King Tut’s tomb, I felt some major nostalgia. I hadn’t been back to The Valley since the cataclysmic event that occurred so many millennia ago. Looking over to Milo, he looked back and nodded over to the opening to Tutankhamen’s famous tomb. Upon walking in, I noticed all of the old murals. I followed Milo into the final resting place of the long dead teenage Pharaoh. Walking over to one of the wall murals, I found the eyes of the God, Osiris. I pressed the eye and the tomb started to shake. I stepped back and a small square opened up in the wall next to the painting of the God of the Underworld. I pressed the eye and the tomb started to shake. I stepped back and a small square opened up in the wall near the painting of the God of the Underworld. Milo walked towards the script written within the square.

“Well?”

“It says the treasure we seek is in one of the tombs.” Milo said with a calculating look.

“Any ideas which one?”

“Carlisle intentionally made this hard to find. He told us where to find it, he said The Valley of Kings. We’re here, and he didn’t give us directions. So we either die trying to get the box, or we get the box and kill our enemies.”

“Hmmm…the stakes are high brother. Shall we go further?”

“Yes, it says take the left tunnel.”

“Why not the right?” I asked sarcastically, as Milo walked past me.

“Because that’s the way we get cursed.”

“Well aren’t we full of jokes.” Milo’s response was to roll his eyes and continue walking. I quickly followed after him. Damn he walked fast; really, you’d think a guy would wait for the one with the short legs. Suddenly he stopped at a wall.

“What are you waiting for?”

“If you paid attention, you would notice that we need to find the key to move the wall.”

“Well if you’d paid attention, you’d have noticed that there is an Eye of Horus on the wall right there.” I pointed to the wall right next to him. He glared at me for a moment and turned towards The Eye. He traced his finger around the outer part before pressing his finger into the center. The wall moved an inch, I moved forward to move it into the amount of space needed for Milo and I to pass through. On the other side of the wall was a vast room with a slab of rock in the center. On it were three mummified bodies, dressed royally, probably old bodies from before the New Religion as some would call it. I walked past the bodies and over to one of the pots sitting by the growing pile.

“Carlisle really hid this thing didn’t he?”

“It’s a good thing he put it far enough that the humans wouldn’t find it, or else we’d have some dead bodies to hunt down.” Milo agreed. He was so morbid sometimes; it really gets to you over the centuries. You’d think he would’ve lightened up after all this time you know?

“Found the key.” He announced, producing a golden key from one of the smaller pots. I assume that the black dust on his hand was from one of the organs inside the pot he produced the key from,” it was with the heart.”

“Oh so clever Carly.” I smirked.
“So, off to find the box?”

“Lead the way.” Milo turned to walk out of the room. Before exiting the large room I looked back at the three bodies. They’d been there so long and no one had come to pay tribute. So I gave them one last goodbye and closed off the tomb, never to be discovered until some random human found a way to open it. We entered Tut’s tomb once more, circling the room. I strode towards the slap where his sarcophagus had once laid for many years. I motioned for Milo to help me push the rock slap out of the way, we found nothing but a sand box, but things aren’t always what they seem. I pushed a small rock, jutting out and the sand started to sink. Milo motioned for me to go down first, rolling my eyes at him I tossed my legs over the side and jumped down the rabbit hole. I landed in a crouch and looked around the small space.

“I need a torch!” I called up to Milo.

“Here!” He tossed down a long wooden torch, already lit. I picked it up and started to walk around. It wasn’t a very large space, possibly the size of four cubicles put together. In the center was a treasure chest type of thing. I produced the key and unlocked it. Inside were clothes. Of course, he’d put clothes in here. Damn twit. I pulled the clothes out and found a small music box. I pulled it out and inspected it. I nodded in approval and went to the opening of the hole.

“Throw me a rope.” Almost immediately Milo threw a rope down to me and pulled me up. I handed him the music box and he smiled widely.

“Finally! It’s been centuries.”

“We can’t open it here, we need to open it somewhere in the dessert. If we open it now, we risk the chance of killing the inhabitants closest to here.” What I meant was, if we opened it now, there’d be a nuclear blast that would disintegrate all of Cairo. Milo nodded and got up to push the slab back in place. I helped my brother, as we moved around, closing all of the things we’d opened. We walked until we could walk no more. Turning to Milo I nodded, it was time to open the box. He pulled a small key from his pocket and inserted it into the box. The latch popped and a blinding white light emanated from within. I quickly took one of the glowing orbs inside and shoved it towards my ribcage. Milo did the same and soon the sands surrounding us started to move around us quickly, to the normal eye it looked like a very large sandstorm. But to us? It looked like we were on our way to becoming the Gods we once were.
♠ ♠ ♠
so here it is. I know it's been awhile and even some of you unsubscribed to me. Well I've been thinking a lot about the next chapter, so that should be coming soon. But I hope you like this and I'll see what happens.

XoXo
Madi