Status: Comments=updates :D

My Oh So Ordinary Life

Meeting The Cullens

*Edward's P.O.V*

I saw a girl with brown hair and blue eyes walk into the cafeteria. I sat with my family, not eating as usual. Emmett looked at the girl and his face showed recognition. His thoughts sifted through memories of last night when he met the girl. He said that her name was Kat. I didn't know she had a twin brother though. I started to really tune into her thoughts, but I was bounced back suddenly. It felt like a fist had suddenly collided with my brain. I blinked in surprise and shook my head and tried to tune into the boys thoughts. The same thing happened. I looked towards my family, my eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"Edward?" Alice asked, concerned," What's wrong?"

"I can't read their thoughts." I said.

"Who's?"

"The new kids. It's like when I try to tune in, I'm thrown back." I said. I looked at the table as if it would provide all of the answers to my problems. Obviously it didn't, a tray slapped onto the table and a body sat in the seat next to me. I looked up and smiled at Bella.

"So have you guys met the new kids yet?" she asked.

"No, have you?"

"Yeah, I invited them to sit with us at lunch. Their names are Milo and Kat and they're twins." she smiled. I raised an eyebrow. She smiled brightly and gestured for the two other kids to come and join us. Two other trays slapped onto the table on the other side of me and the scraping of the cheap plastic chairs on the floor. I looked up and gave the two new kids a crooked smile.

"Hi, Bella." the girl smiled.

"Hi Kat, this is my boyfriend Edward and his brothers and sisters Jasper, Alice, Emmett-"

"Emmett?" Kat interupted.

"Hey Kitty Kat." she rolled her eyes.

"Like I haven't heard that one before. She then reached over to her brothers tray and stole a fry. Her brother took one of her bread sticks and broke off a piece to chew on. Kat popped the fry in her mouth and smiled at Emmett.

"Long time no see eh?" she joked, Emmett laughed loudly catching the attention of most of the cafeteria. I rolled my eyes, typical Emmett.

"Oh, by the way this is my girlfriend Rosalie." he gestured to the blonde giving Kat a hard glare. Kat raised an eyebrow at her and gave Emmett a suspicious look.

"The key thrower?" Emmett threw his head back and laughed. Rose's face softened and even she gave a small chuckle. She liked this girl from her thoughts.

"Wait, if she's your sister, why is she your girlfriend?"

"Well we were adopted by the same guy, so none of us are actually related." Kat's look changed to one of understanding.

"Cool, well this is my brother Milo. He doesn't talk much. He doesn't have a lot to say really." she shrugged and then continued eating. I watched them as they ate. It was slightly strange for twins, brother and sister for that matter. Whatever Milo didn't like on his plate Kat ate, whatever Kat didn't like on her plate Milo ate it. They shared their meal in silence and seemed to have conversations threw each other's eyes. It was strange to see humans actually getting along with their siblings, usually they can't stand to be anywhere near them.

"You guys seem really close." Bella pointed out, curiousity shinging through.

"Yeah, we weren't that close when we were little, but we were around each other no matter what, so we got over it. I mean you always eventually lose a best friend, either by death or a fight, but no matter what I'll never lose Milo. He'll always be my best friend." she said with a smile. I blinked. Huh, wierd humans. The bell rang and the two picked up their trays, gave everyone a smile then walked away.

"Wierd humans." Alice commented.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the lateness (haha that's not even a word) Uh, the original one sucked. I wrote it in my little writing notebook. So I tweaked it... a lot. So I hope you guys like it. Comment tell me what you think.