Status: Comments=updates :D

My Oh So Ordinary Life

I Smiled

All I saw was a rush of brown skin rushing towards the dining room. I was spun as someone accidentally ran into my shoulder. I was stopped by Milo who sheepishly smiled down at me. I sent him a tentative smile before cautiously heading for the others. When I walked into the room it was like guys gone wild. There were games of tug-of-war on bowls of food, there was punching while protecting their territory, and there was a glare on every one of their faces. Not like those glares that scare the ever living crap out of you, but those playful glares you give your siblings. I located Paul who was protectively saving a plate of food beside him. He looked up and smiled when I entered the room and gestured for me to sit in front of the full plate. I smiled at this gesture and gratiously sat down next to him and kissed his cheek. His cheeks turned a reddish brown and all fighting stopped as soon as this happened. Wide eyes stared at Paul's face, to me, to my food, and then to Paul's empty plate. I gave everyone a quizical look before scooping some mashed potatos onto Paul's plate, and judging by the large amounts of food on the other boys I put a lot onto Paul's.

Paul finally snapped out of it and scooped his own food. Milo sat quietly next to me, this made Paul bristle slightly before calming down. He started to eat, slapping away Seth's wandering fingers. I giggled at this, making Paul grin down at me. I looked at Milo and he sent me a cautios smile. I nodded, understanding his message. He was fine, he liked it here, it was comfortable, there wasn't any danger. I started to eat when I noticed Paul glaring at Quil who was trying to reach over and steal my biscuit (sp?). I smiled wryly at Quil before eating. About half way through the dinner someone decided to make conversation. Jacob, who'd been quietly evaluating Milo and I was the first to speak up.

"So you two are twins?"

"Yep, since the womb." I said, sighing wistfully. Milo sighed, looking into the distance, feigning a look that look as if he were seeing a flashback.

"Those were the days." he said, I wiped an imaginary tear, before I laughed and ate some green beans.

"So do you guys have twin telepathy?" Seth asked excitedly, practically bouncing in his seat. Milo and I chuckled at the same time.

"No, but we know each other well enough to know what the other is thinking." Milo said.

"Prove it, what is Kat thinking?" I looked into Milo's eyes with a smirk. He wrinkled his nose in disgust, to which I laughed at, leaning into Paul.

"It's too perverted to even say aloud." This sent me into a fit of laughter.

"You always were the prissy one brother." I laughed. Milo rolled his eyes but smiled good naturedly. He nudged me in the ribs.

"Okay, Kat what is Milo thinking?" I looked at Milo, his eyes, usually a dark brown, were now a dark black looking color.

"There's no danger here, I'm safe." I said quietly. A silence filled the room.

"Why wouldn't you be safe?" Embry asked.

"Too many reasons to count." I said quietly looking down at my food and shoveling a biscuit into my mouth," you're cooking is delicious Emily." the others around the table sent each other cautious looks before going back to their own conversations. I felt Paul's arm around my chair. I sent him a reasuring smile, he gave me a smile before eating his own food. Everything was simple and good....for now.