Status: Suddenly Inspired.. We'll see how far this goes.

Accidentally Alive

It Was the End

One. Two. Three. Four. Five pills.

I shook them into the palm of my shaking hand, and gripped the glass of water a little tighter with my other. I took a deep breath, and swallowed all five at the same time.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five more.

I swallowed them again.

And again.

And again.

I swallowed them until the bottle was empty and I could barely stand because I was so dizzy. I made my way from the bathroom to my bedroom across the hall. I bumped into the little table that was sitting next to my door, but that was okay. No one would hear. Nobody was awake at four a.m.

Waiting for me on my bed was my dog, Zeus. I curled up next to him, grateful to have the only being who ever cared about me be there when I would finally fall asleep; forever.

He whined and licked my face until I started stroking the soft fur between his ears.

When I stopped petting him and my hand went limp, he nudged my face with his wet nose. I could feel it, but I didn't open my eyes, or resume stroking his fur. I couldn't even if I'd wanted to. I was almost gone.

The last thing I heard was Zeus' howl shredding the silence that surrounded the night I died.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best writing, and certainly not a long chapter, but its after 6 a.m, after all. I just had to start before I went to sleep and lost that spark.

No one likes a silent reader.