Status: Starting stages <3

I've Got the Guts to Say Anything

Thirteen

“I really don’t know what to do guys.” I sighed, I’d gathered the guys at my flat for a serious talk about how I was going to help Paige and instead of what I was expecting, (The sarcastic remarks from Max, among other things!), didn’t happen, instead, we all sat around my table discussing ideas. None of which seemed to do the job.

“Why don’t you two just run away?” Matt suggested, drinking his coffee.

“Because I don’t want Joseph to get the police on my ass and arrest me for kidnap.” I muttered, running my hands through my hair.

“I can’t believe we’re all sat here like complete dickheads, when the answer has been staring us in the face this entire time.” Max piped up, “She’s getting married before Christmas, yes?”

“Don’t remind me.” I groaned.

“Just crash the wedding.”

I looked up at him as if he were mad, “Are you serious Max?!” I exclaimed, “This isn’t some old Busted video, this is real fucking life!”

“I didn’t mean it like that, twat!” He said, “I mean, that bit in the service when the vicar says ‘Anyone who knows a reason these two should not be wed, please state now’, or whatever it is!” He was standing now, getting way too enthusiastic for my liking, “And then you swoop in and save her with a massive speech about how much you love her.”

“You know Josh, he’s got a good idea there.” Dan grumbled, “A rare occurrence, I know, but it’s still a cracking idea.”

“I know, but who says I’m going to be invited to the wedding anyway?” I asked, “And even if Paige does want me there, I’m pretty sure her dickhead of a fiancé will do all in his power to stop me being there.”

“You’ve just got to have faith Josh.” Chris spoke up for the first time since he’d sat down, “She deserves so much better than him, do you want her to be stuck with him for the rest of her life?” He asked me.

“No.” I mumbled, “But I don’t want to be on my own when I do it, so if I’m invited, so are all of you.”

Image

It took three weeks for Paige to recover enough to go home from the hospital. She was still having trouble doing the smallest of tasks, like collecting her washing, making lunch or dinner ready for when Joseph came home and her weekly shop proved too much when she called me from Tesco, where she’d been forced to sit against the boxes of cereal on the floor because she couldn’t breathe properly.

I’d taken it upon myself after that incident to be there for her every day, to make sure everything Joseph needed, expected, to be done, was done and that her house didn’t turn into a dump because she couldn’t clean properly.

It was about a month since she had come home from hospital that I brought up the subject of inviting me and the guys to the wedding. At first, she wrinkled her nose and brushed off the subject and I knew better than to push her in her state, but I couldn’t help myself, I was making her lunch, with her standing next to me, when I tried again.

“Paige, please let us come to the wedding.” I said, I didn’t ask because I knew if I was going to give her the choice, there would be no hope, “We want to support you and there’s no way we can do that if we aren’t there.”

“It’s not that I don’t want you guys there Josh,” She started, “It’s just the fact that I don’t have anyone to be my bridesmaids, and I know you and Dan have sisters that I could ask and I know if I have them for my bridesmaids, then asking Joseph to let you guys come wouldn’t work.”

“Then don’t give him a choice.” I told her, “Tell him, he lets you invite us and lets you have Elissa and Sarah as bridesmaids, or you don’t get married.” I said, “You’ve got to stand up to him some time Paige, and this is that time.”

She nodded her head and took hold of my hand, “Have I ever told you how great you are Josh?” She asked.

“You might have mentioned it once or twice.” I smiled, leaning to kiss her cheek. She moved at the last moment and I ended up kissing her softly on the lips, for the first time since her hospital bed.

“You should probably go.” She breathed, “Joseph is coming home early to make sure everything is okay with the venue and the church for the wedding.”

I nodded, and put my jacket on, I turned to her before leaving, “How long have you got?” I asked.

“Two weeks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, here we go, chapter 13!!
I hope everyone's enjoying this story, it's nearly all over though! :( Sad sad times.

OKAY! So this is where I need your help guys! I've entered a contest for nail art over on Facebook, the contest closes Friday at Midday GMT and I need all the help I can get right now. I have 70 subscribers for this story, and if everyone of you went to vote for me, I would seriously have such a good advantage. It would mean a hell of a lot to me and I promise if all of you vote I will do someone amazing for you all! All you have to do is like THIS!!!!! photo and it counts as a vote! It will seriously take two seconds and it would mean so much to me! So please, help a girl out right now :) You don't even have to comment on this story to vote for me. Please help me out :)

I love you guys <3