Status: Contest ^.^

Just Smile

Just Smile

She gave it her best
She tried to fit in
She tried to be cool
But she never could win.

Heels clicked on the tiled floor of the school hallway as she walked boldly. A new pair of jeans, a purple checkered shirt, with black heels. The perfect outfit to show those cheerleaders who's perfect.

People all around her stared as she walked by. Some chuckled, some rolled their eyes, and some even shot out mean and hurtful comments towards her.

Her mom says she's great
The kids think she's weird.

As she went farther down the hall, more insults came her way.Mom said they would like my outfit. She thought I looked great. The girl thinks, her bold side quickly crashing down on the floor.

Her smile fell as more people stared at her.

"She's so weird! Why is she bothering anyways?" Some one whispered behind her and the girl stopped in shock.

I knew it. There's no use. No matter what I do, no one will care. She thinks as she runs into the bathroom.

Getting into the passenger stall, she rips off the purple necklace. The necklace hits the corner of the stall and she stares at it sadly. "Why do I bother?" She whispers sadly.

The hurtful comments entered her mind and she nearly broke down. Someone entered the bathroom, and she quieted down. Two girls were talking quite loudly.

"She thought she could grab everyones attention." One girl snorted and the other laughed.

"Right, Like why do those wanna-be-popular kids even try? No matter how they look, no one will bother staring at them." The girl who had laughed,commented.

They left the bathroom quickly. "No matter how I look, people won't stare at me,huh?" The girl gets up form the floor and picks up the necklace. "I'll show them." She whispers and opens the stall. Standing in front of the mirror, she looks for things she should change.

It was too quiet in the bathroom, considering everyone had gone to their class. She sighed and dug out her iPod. She pressed shuffle and Perfect by Pink came on. The girl smiled sadly and got to work.

In the end, she was satisfied with her work. She had ripped up the shirt (only slightly). Then, she made one shoulder hang, showing her tank tops straps. Her hair was teased slightly, her make up was light considering even a little make up popped on her face. In the end, she looked colorful and cheery.

A new song was playing as she walked out the bathroom.

So keep your head up high and dust off your shoulders
Coming through your headphones
So keep your head up high and dust off your shoulders
Coming through your headphones.

She listened to the song. Her head was up high as she walked boldly to her locker. Some stared at her with their mouths agape. Some stared at her with smiles on their faces. Some stared at her with admiration in their eyes.

This ain't' the first time you felt like this
This ain't the first time, this ain't the first time
This ain't the last time you'll feel like this

She ignored their stares. Isn't it just sad that they were talking about her "Weirdness" a second ago?

But it'll be fine.

Every things fine. People aren't talking about me. I'm fine. I will be fine. If you can just, smile.

She smiled as she walked around the school. Head up high. Shoulders dusted off. Her smile radiating her face.

Image

He gets in his car
He falls apart
It came to an end
And now it's breaking his heart

The blue eyed boy sat in his car as he watched the girl of his dreams walk away with another guy. He slammed his forehead into the steering wheel and cursed when it started to hurt.

I don't need her. She was no one. He thought smugly as he got out his car.

But keep your head up to the sky
The sun is coming through
Here's what you gotta do

He lifted his head up to the sky and smiled as the rays shined onto his calm face. His eyes seemed even brighter as walked ahead, leaving behind the girl who broke his heart.

Anytime you feel alone, put on your headphones
Love, love's coming through your headphones.

Sighing, he put his headphones on as he strutted down the street. Ridin' Solo blasted in his ears as he crossed the street. I don't need her. She was just another bump in the road. An ugly on at that. He smiled at his thoughts as he walked through the streets. Head up high. Face glowing with pride.

Girls stopped to check him out. Some giggled. Some pointed towards him. And some even tried walking up to him.

His short walk ended up being in the park. Kids were running around, couples were holding hands, the sun was shining. The perfect day for a heartbreak.

He walked froward and watched as a girl with bright eyes and a ripped purple shirt sitting down in front of a tree. He smiled and walked towards her.

Twinkle, twinkle in your eye
Listen to this lullaby
The sun is shining in the sky
I see love it's in your eyes

When she heard someone walk upto her, she glanced up to see a wild, blue eyed boy.

Without speaking, he sat down next to her and warmth spread through both of their bodies as they stared at each other.

But it'll be fine
If you can just, smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just for someone to proof read! Not for the contest! Juts proof reading!