Status: Updated around 3 times a week.

The Joker Card

Bells of Ireland

"Here are our seats!" her father announced. "Not bad, eh?"

"Stephen, these are fantastic I bet we could touch a seeker's cloak from here." Her mother gushed. The family filed in, decked out in Irish gear from head to toe.

"I hope there's no bad weather." Nora mused. "We don't have the luxury of those in the boxes with roofs over their head."

"This is prime seating Eleanor, stop fretting." Aunt Kathleen chided.

"Jonathan Randolph?" a voice called from behind Wren. She turned around to look at whoever called her uncle's name.

"Arthur! How are you?" Her uncle grinned, pushing past the family to shake hands with a tall thin man with balding red hair and blue eyes.

"Terrific! Just terrific. And you? Is this your lot?" he asked, nodding to the group.

"Yes. This is my wife Kathleen, my daughter Nora" her uncle said, pointing as he introduced each person. "My sister Addy, her husband Stephen and their daughter Wren."

"It's nice to meet you." Arthur nodded. Aunt Kathleen pushed through to shake hands with Arthur.

"It's nice to finally meet you. I've been hearing stories about your kindness for years."

"Oh, well." Arthur didn't seem to know what to say.

"Dad, who's this?" a petite girl with bright red hair asked. Wren recognized her, and suddenly realized who this man had to be.

"Of course! Of course. This is Jonathan Randolph, I work with him at the Ministry. This here's my lot. Of course, not all of them are my kin, just the ones with the red hair." Arthur laughed. "This is my daughter Ginny, the twins, Fred and George, my son Ron, and his best friends Hermione Granger and Harry Potter."

"Harry Potter? Merlin's beard, it is you. What an honor to meet you." Wren's father said. Harry Potter looked uneasy but he offered a half smile.

"Dad, leave him alone. It's not polite to gawk." Wren nudged her father, and her mother giggled.

"So are you Ireland fans?" one of the twins (who was also dressed in green and silver garb) called. Arthur moved over to talk with Uncle Jonathan and Aunt Kathleen. Her mother and father were teasing each other and Nora was off in her own world as usual.

"What gave us away?" Wren laughed. "Yeah, much better than Bulgaria, though I reckon Krum might give us a run for our money, but honestly Troy is loads better than Ivanova. Quigley knows how to hold a bat too. Best beater I've seen in my life."

"Didja hear that, Fred?" the twin that had to be George asked.

"I certainly did, George." Fred answered

"Said that Quigley is the best beater she's ever seen. How offensive."

"I take umbrage to that."

"Me too."

"Best beater. Ha!" Wren smiled. She had almost forgotten that they were the Gryffindor team's beaters.

"Sorry. Best professional beater I've seen in my life."

"A cop out answer." Fred remarked

"But we'll take what we can get." George added.

"Now would be a good time for introductions, but you already know who we are."

"At least we assume."

"You have been to a Quidditch game before?"

"Or perhaps walked the halls when we left a gift for Filch?"

"Of course. I'm also in your year and house, and have been in your classes since we started Hogwarts." Wren smiled.

"Well this is embarrassing." Fred said.

"We have never seen you before." George stated bluntly.

"Well we've seen you."

"Just have no idea who you are." Wren laughed.

"Wren Collings. Gryffindor. Soon to be 6th Year. Pure blood, but not pure pure blood."

"Pleasure to meet you." They chorused.

"Hey, it's starting." Nora said nudging Wren.

"I hope Ireland wins, we've got a good bit of money riding on it." George mumbled, and he took a place next to Wren.

The game started and Wren watched as the Leprechauns and Veela came onto the pitch as the mascots. Wren and Nora appropriately "ooh'd" and "ahh'd." The game then began, Ludo Bagaman commentating and Fred and George commentating on the commentary as well as game. When Troy scored the first goal she exchanged a few witty remarks with George. When Krum pulled a Wronski Feint on Lynch Wren went completely ballistic and started using very foul language to describe Krum and his mother. Of course, after that her mother began scolding her and Fred and George were in fits of rage over Krum and fits of laughter over her. Things began to spiral a little after that when Zograf was awarded a penalty for his stunt on Mullet and there was a scuffle which, thankfully led to another penalty being awarded to Ireland. When Quigley broke Krum's nose with a Bludger, Wren vowed her undying love for him to which George at once was "offended" again. It was only with a promise that Wren would cheer just as hard for him at every school Quidditch game that he was satisfied. Finally Lynch spotted the Snitch.

"GO! GO! GO!" Wren screamed leaning over the rail as she watched Krum and Lynch race toward the snitch.

"COME ON!!!!!" Fred and George joined her in leaning over the railing. Nora gripped the railing tightly and jumped up and down in anticipation, her knuckles were white. Krum caught the snitch, but Wren had no time to be upset. Ireland won! "WE WON!!!!!" the twins screamed.

"YEAH!!!!!!" Nora was screaming. "IRELAND!!! IRELAND!!!!"

"WE WON!!! WE WON!!" Wren screamed hugging Nora. Nora went to hug her mother and Wren turned to Fred and George. Fred took Wren and spun her around. Wren's feet touched on the ground only so she could jump up and hug George, and then, for some unknown reason, she kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I became aware, after I published this elsewhere, that the Weasleys actually were in a box. I apologize for the inconsistency, but hopefully you can see past it. Anyway, we'll see what happens next. Getting caught up in the moment may or may not be a good thing...